It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

atari2600

Mar 3, 2013
i just discovered this thread and i wanna say i used to play this table back in the eighties. i'd forgotten most things about it except for "get back in there and fight" so its good to finally see it again coz all my memories of it have come flooding back. keep up the good work

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Just placed an order of 170 LEDs from a new company I should see them in a couple days. Time to tear them apart again :) Replacing every bulb with LEDs in the backbox's and adding some, this will require making new holes and adding sockets.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Everything! Flashers too. and some in places where theres no sockets like under the apron and some like spot lights to light up dark spots.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
GOT MY LIGHTS! :D
IMG_5169_zps0ad20a15.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
been swapping lights around to get a desirable lighting effect on GL here is a before and after I added lights that wernt there on the backglass I made add more not sure yet.
Before
IMG_5184_zpsd4dc5a18.jpg

After
IMG_5191_zps576587a0.jpg

and the play field.
IMG_5188_zpsf210a423.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I think Im going to try to mask the under part of the lizard head because the LED flashers that are in it are now always on and cast too much light on the upper playfield.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Alright I created a templet to block the light that was leaking under the lizard head and washing out the upper play field I am happy with the results. :D
IMG_5195_zpsef772c7d.jpg

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Wow. That looks great Skill_Shot.

I liked the vines but it looks like you've got rid of them in the pic above?

Lighting looks really good.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
No touch ups. I removed the tree thing and the vines because they were a pain to work with and I wasnt 100% thrilled with the look.
I added red lights to the upper right corner because i thought the green clashed too much now it looks more ominous.
IMG_5204_zps9e3d3cfb.jpg

IMG_5205_zps32aedc72.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I installed RGB LED strips under and up the backside of both sides on my BIG GUNS heres some pics of the R-G-B there are multiple affects from singular color like 24 of them strobe wich is white only and speed controllable, RGB flash also speed controllable, All colors flash speed controllable, RGB fade speed controllable, All color fade speed controllable.
I also purchased a sound detector when lights are hooked up to it it adds the option to have the lights flash wichever color you set it to during sound or you can have it set to always on but it changes color with sound, its a little too sensitive for inside the cabinet with coils popping but i think if it sat on top of an external sub it would work more to my liking. As it is any flipper press activates it besides slings and game sounds, but I need to be able to aim the IR remote at it so inside the head wouldnt be a great spot.
IMG_5476_zps22eb0fac.jpg

I cut 1 string in half works perfect.
IMG_5478_zpsccc123db.jpg

you can splice or tap into the string every 3 lights. This is an outdoor string so it has a jelly coating that can easily be removed with a razor blade exposing the 4 contacts.
IMG_5480_zps8be0ae7e.jpg

Even with the extra tall head the 1 strip cut in 2 is perfect

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I'll get around to making a video of all the modes and settings with some game play to show the sound detector working.
IMG_5473_zpsf6075e29.jpg

IMG_5474_zpsad2f0253.jpg

IMG_5475_zps0fbc4097.jpg

You can also adjust the brightness.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Today I picked up another pinball machine Williams PADDOCK http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1735 This is my first EM and its a project machine and although i dont think ive bit off more than I can chew I can tell you this I'll be chewing and chewing. OK 1 of the main reasons i grabbed it is because it was only $150 I probablly could have talked him down but honestly I could probably part it out for that or more. Nice guy he had another EM that he had owned since he was a kid. So yeah its beat up pretty bad I think it was kept outside under cover its not faded but there were hornets nests in the head box. First thing Im going to do is clean it and asses the damage then try plugging it in, but research research research is what I'll be doing before then and I know Im going to need the help of pinsiders. Im in luck I just seen a thread of a 4 player version of this restored so thats a great starting point. Alas the pictures.
IMG_5485_zps3df1b8a0.jpg

IMG_5486_zpsfef0fb0f.jpg

IMG_5488_zps23e1af71.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.