It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah after the bridge rectifier and things I was reading on other sites the simple solutions didnt occur to me. I actually found it because I wanted to eliminate the possibility of a bad EOS switch on the coil or flipper switch. :) Added to the mental checklist.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I put the legs on and actually played it a couple times last night, I still need to level it better. Whats cooler than owning a pinball machine?
OWNING TWO
IMG_5010_zps48c26d84.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It plays good. Different than BG so thats good, I still have to level it and increase the pitch its a little slow but BG is notoriously fast.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I need to do some fine tuning on the flipper angles and the 4x drop target but this game is really different from BG because its not symetrical.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
That pic looks great. The lighting on the Big Guns looks awesome. Are you going to do that to the Lizard as well?
I still shop online for a table everyday, but haven't seen one I want enough at a good enough price yet.

I should have bought that damn Flash Gordon table when I had the chance.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
its a little dark when the lights are off so I may add a few here and there, light up the lizard head. I want to add some jungle foliage and some animals.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's sooo dark near the flippers!

I love seeing these System 11 tables actually play with some gusto. Whenever I've gotten a chance to play on one, it's always weak flippers and little power in the slingshots.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah Im going to add a light under the apron like I did on BG its just too dark, take note FS thats how slingshots are supposed to work! the magnets are a trip! depending on how you catch the ball it may go up and down or in circles clockwise or counter.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I love when the table goes dark and the eyes light up. Little things like that are what get me excited about pinball.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
They dont make them or atleast I haven't seen them but there are clear colord flippers but getting them lit might be tricky maybe something like the starpost lights. I often wonder why no clear rubbers or glow in the dark, I guess the compound would be gummier more sylca or even a durable latex. The lizard head needs to get lit up! Maybe some green EL wire on the ramps :) KEVLAR would like that.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I had a couple extra LEDs from BIG GUNS that wernt being used so I threw them in the lower playfield to help light it up, I was going to put some in the lizard head but it doesnt let light through very well other than the eyes and the horns. The ramp has a nice lip that would be perfect for EL wire but the ramp is black and i dont want to go messing with it until I can find a replacement or make one myself :) Im looking into making a vacuum form table it seems simple enough, then remake the ramps either green solid or maybe transparent same with the lizard head maybe a lighter green or transparent and I can paint it. Speaking of paint i think Im going to spray my backglass with some krylon triple thick clear to help preserve the paint.
IMG_5020_zps62d8055c.jpg

There are alot more lights on this table but good thing is theyre all the same type #44's and flashers #89 Big Guns had 44s 555s and 89s so i may be able to buy in bulk and save some $

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I never seen 5 stars next to the topic somebody did that not me.
So I went to the craft store today because I seen some things there working on BG, I needed something for the spinner since I cant find the stickers for it or a print out to have made for me so I thought holographic sparkle preferably orange or orange and green for a strobe effect but the only thing close wasnt durable enough ot adhiesive backed but I found this and cut it to size.
IMG_5031_zps8d118468.jpg

IMG_5034_zpsf5fe95ab.jpg

would look cool on a TZ if it was appropriate.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I also looked into another idea I had and after confirming the ramps and lizard head wont light up with lights I looked to my plan B...uhhhh just a test pic but Im liking how its coming and it eventually will be lit up with green LEDs.
IMG_5039_zpsb64cf032.jpg

IMG_5042_zps9244acf5.jpg

I have some vine like stuff for the launch rail and right ramp that looks jungley with some foliage that I can trim to look right. I will light this because the ramp is black. I seen some multi sized bedazzel adhesive jewels I thought might look cool scatterd around like GEMS that refract light what you think?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.