It's here!

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
yes, skill shot has nothing to do with skill, just pure luck. Once ball doesn't even leave the plunger lane and the next it goes all the way out although the plunger was pulled almost the same or at least not so much differently. Totally inconsistent.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
A skill shot that takes actual skill? Totally preposterous, amirite?

I was just checking if it was working. Then again, I must be lacking in skill.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
nudging sideways right when the ball reaches the correct hole will help with the skillshot. it IS possible, at least on PC.

the goals i'm stuck on are the maxed bonus goal, and the 2 million shot.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm impressed with how FS made the ramps difficult yet not impossible. I wish the ramps in TZ and HS were like this.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah these ramps are VERY true to life. the comet ramp is as narrow as the heartbeat ramp so it should be difficult, and a ball that brushes the post is NOT making it up. and if you so much as graze the rubber to the right of the cyclone ramp, the ball WILL roll back down.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
nudging sideways right when the ball reaches the correct hole will help with the skillshot. it IS possible, at least on PC.

the goals i'm stuck on are the maxed bonus goal, and the 2 million shot.
sure it is possible, I did it more than 10x but never on the 5th ball. And considering how many times I plunged by now it is statistically impossible. :D

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Nudging worked :D Just hit it, and for good measure on the next ball as well. I also scored 21M that game so I think Cyclone gets retired for now.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
How difficult is this table in terms of completing Wizard Goals and beating local high scores? Haven't been able to download it yet and I am curious.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
How difficult is this table in terms of completing Wizard Goals and beating local high scores? Haven't been able to download it yet and I am curious.
Wizard goals are 4/5 decent challenges but nothing on a par with Genie 3M. 1/5 is based on the skill shot and is nothing short of infuriating.

Local high scores are easy to take down. Note this is a System 11 table with a 7-digit display (the last? Taxi was 88 also and that is 8 digits) so the ROM and hence local scores all top out at 9,999,999. TPA accurately keeps track of 10M+ scores.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
FINALLY got it..

Some more advice for atually scoring well.

1) Don't bother building up the jackpot. in the time it takes to build it up to 4 million, you could have collected it 6 times, scoring 4 million. the jackpot never gets any harder. Collect as often as possible!
2) if the ramps are not lit, shoot one anyway, then shoot the ferris wheel. those ferris wheel bonuses add up.
3) do try to activate double scoring as much as possible. this also will boost the ferris wheel bonus. which maxes at 500k and can then be doubled to 1 million. not bad. Combines well with tip 2. :)
4) learn how to hit those standups and not drain. bonus hold is good, the extra ball is good, and relighting the ramps is good.
5) Shoot the mystery wheel early in the game, and you will get good awards, like 200k and extra ball. after you score get a few million you will usually get zilch (ya pays your money and ya takes yer chances) or 5k.
6) the boomerang is well worth hitting. to relight it safely shoot a ramp. It's commonly bricked, but you will usually get the ball back if you do.
7) one bonus x is maxed, it will reset next ball, BUT... further lit boomerangs are worth 100k for the rest of the ball. So it's worth getting to 7x. and if you keep getting bonus hold, eob bonus becomes very worthwhile, going to 693K.
8) if you roll the game, you will get another extra ball at 12 million, then 22 million, then 32 million, etc. same issue that high speed has. The local high score will be 9,999,999 to show you rolled the game. will be full score on the online standings. F-14 tomcat will have the same issue when it's released. if you roll the game you can earn another replay. and i expect to be able to roll it repeatedly.
9) the limit appears to be two stacked ebs at once.. not 2 per ball in play. seems totally possible to go infinite to me.
10) post passes work well. so do hold passes from right to left (they set up the cyclone ramp)
11) you can sometimes trap a ramp shot by nudging at the right time. not as easy as other tables but it's doable.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Sounds fun wish us IOS folks could play it.

Thanks for the gameplay tips (Zaphod77) will use whenever we get to experience it.
Sounds like a challenging table.

Tick.....tock..........it's day 3 now since it released.

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Found it easier on my constitution to just relax and not plan my schedule around the release of a table on iOS

It's coming man...

Would prefer posts on this thread to be an announcement that it's available rather than complaints that it's not available yet...

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
No complaints here, i was just joking man cause theres more than enough to choose from which is already available on ios

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Wizard goals are 4/5 decent challenges but nothing on a par with Genie 3M. 1/5 is based on the skill shot and is nothing short of infuriating.

Local high scores are easy to take down. Note this is a System 11 table with a 7-digit display (the last? Taxi was 88 also and that is 8 digits) so the ROM and hence local scores all top out at 9,999,999. TPA accurately keeps track of 10M+ scores.

Swords of Fury was the last 7-digit System 11.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts