January Table of the Month

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
because that ROM with the f-bomb is not an official Williams ROM, it could not and will not be in TPA, ever.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Calm down, man. At least you edited to make it sound a little better, but still...there's no sense in getting bent out of shape with other members over stuff like this. :)

BTW, Mike posted a little info on this back when MM first came out:

"Medieval for instance, had some sounds with 2 different versions. One R rated and one bleeped. We overwrote the R rated sounds with the bleeped ones so there wouldn't be any "hot coffee mod" like incident or issues with ERSB and other ratings."

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...n-Medieval-Madness?p=3789&viewfull=1#post3789

I just get angry when people call me a liar when I'm telling the truth. I'm learning to keep a better cool.

Not sure what this link you've provided for. It doesn't really clarify anything we are discussing. I thought the Unbleeped roms were hacks. Whether hacked or official, it's a moot point to what's being discussed here.

1. Misleading newsletter a BIG black mark to FS on this whole 'Pro Table' thing.

2. On SS I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt-even though the table's Default state is Family Mode set to Off. No more-Seems it's just a sneaky money maker-Tut tut.

Andy

Cactus Canyon Voice: "Well Lookie Here!"

Turns out ol' Marky has a prettty good memory. Not only does Farsight lie in their newsletters they also have their employees do some lyin'.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...cared-Stiff-now!?p=36017&viewfull=1#post36017

Lock's are lit and so is Farsights credibility. Hicccup!

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Not sure what this link you've provided for. It doesn't really clarify anything we are discussing. I thought the Unbleeped roms were hacks. Whether hacked or official, it's a moot point to what's being discussed here.

I posted it because it's from Farsight and it has to do with the MM ROM and the bleeping, so it's certainly relevant. Just trying to be helpful, dude.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I posted it because it's from Farsight and it has to do with the MM ROM and the bleeping, so it's certainly relevant. Just trying to be helpful, dude.

It's cool man, I'm not angry! It's all good. I sometimes come off angry when I'm not.

Am I angry with Farsight over the situation? Most certainly, but not any specific posters. Except Netizen earlier but that's history.

Anyways, from that other thread:

It's Farsight's policy to turn on Family Mode settings on all ROMs that support it, so Scared Stiff has it turned on. I was personally disappointed since I love the quotes in this game, but I understand their policy as far as getting the ratings for kids. The good news is that the "Pro" version of the table would allow the player to turn the setting back off, which might be worth it for that alone. :)

I always, always new there was something wrong when this guy said this about Scared Stiff. Because that makes zero sense. As if the ESRB doesn't rate DLC? That was my first thought but ... and this is sounding incredibly dumb in retrospect... I actually believed that Farsight was 'sneaking' pro mode in past the ESRB as a tribute to fans for SS. A little under the radar gift for us. In retrospect I am very stupid for thinking that, but it's not my fault, how else would that post make sense?

Bold faced lies... Shame on them, seriously.

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
because that ROM with the f-bomb is not an official Williams ROM, it could not and will not be in TPA, ever.

Actually, from what I recall about it, it actually IS in the ROM.

What happens is the DCS board inserts the bleep at the right moment OVER the f-bomb.

The unofficial ROM basically took out the bleep sound so it doesn't play over the f-bomb.

Farsight merged the sounds together because DCS isn't emulated from ROMs - it's just discrete sound files so you can NOT replace the sound ROM. You'll need to edit the table file and replace the sound resource.

Oddly, I don't think I noticed - I bought MM Pro the day it came out and I still get the f-bomb. I'm pretty sure I entered the menu as well. Maybe I just disabled the operator mode when I was done since there weren't any changes I desired.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Wow, I feel cheated since I did purchase this pro add on based on the lies they stated in the newsletter.

Not a big deal, lesson learned. So far I have purchased all the pro table add ons, could be done with that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts