Jersey Jack - Wizard Of Oz News

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
In the documentary, they discuss what Pinball2000 should be, and one of the Popadiuk ideas was a screen on the backglass. They opted for the incarnation we're familiar with because they realized that players don't look up while playing. If the balls are flying around down there, I ain't taking my eyes off 'em. If the screen is being used for non-ball action, then I can see its use, otherwise, the P2k team was aiming for actual interaction.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Doesn't look good so far. It fails to take advantage of the LCD screen very well - I hope it doesn't become like the second screen on the DS. The sounds are merely okay, the voices repeat too much, and the music - that would get annoying after a while. Of course, I'd have probably said the same thing about MB, if I saw a video like this before playing it, so there is still hope.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Doesn't look good so far. It fails to take advantage of the LCD screen very well - I hope it doesn't become like the second screen on the DS. The sounds are merely okay, the voices repeat too much, and the music - that would get annoying after a while. Of course, I'd have probably said the same thing about MB, if I saw a video like this before playing it, so there is still hope.

I thought the very same thing about the repeated voices and the music. That would drive me nuts. I assumed the LCD screen just wasn't ready yet. I can't believe it would be so underutilized. But I must say that the artwork is great and I really like the lighting.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It does look nice. The only way I would be able to play this would be on a video version such as TPA. Maybe that will happen some day.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
the table actually looks nice... well the overall brightness of the leds gives a somewhat kitschy vibe, but its not really horrible... that lcd on the back is looking pretty useless at the moment... and its really LARGE for what little info it's displaying

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Yeah. Is it typical during the development process to leave all of the lights on all of the time?

Exactly what I was implying - it looks just like a sea of blinking, color-changing inserts, with no real indication what to shoot for - like a goa rave from above.

My guess is that those aren´t really programmed yet.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It looks like the LCD screen is just to show off a really cool jersey jack logo...I might wear headphones playing this to avoid following the yellow brick road all day!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I liked the flying monkey ball capture. Those back targets? ramp? seemed like a pain to hit, as the player kept shooting over and over and the ball just kept coming back down. Is is sad that whenever I watch a real pinball table in action now, I'm looking to see what it's physics are like? "Oh gee, looks like that ball is a touch heavy!"

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
In that video when they show the witch getting hit the glass is off and someone is rolling balls at it to show it off and other scenes.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.