Join Our Live Interview with Bobby King on Monday 9/22 (Allgames.com)

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, a nice bunch of surprises here. Particularly with giving another EM a shot. Also liked hearing about Last Action Hero. Haven't played it before but have been curious. And of course Safe Cracker which I had a ball playing for the first time somewhat recently.

So good stuff.

Thanks for setting up that interview.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hi,
On Monday 9/22, Bobby King from Farsight Studios will join Ms. H on Mom’s Minute at 4pm PST/7pm EST for an indepth talk about Pinball Arcade and the new Kickstarter. You can get your questions answered, too. You can interact with the live show by hopping into the chat room during the interview at http://allgames.com/live and submitting your question. If you can’t be there live on Monday 9/22 at 4pm PST/7pm EST, then you can still ask your questions for Bobby King right here by using the comment section at http://goo.gl/jd8IEx
Hey, Derrick

Just wanted to say I love the format of your show, mate.

I particularly love the glorious Ms. H. Her voice (southern accent, to my Australian ears) was a joy to listen to.

You managed to get some stuff out of Bobby that we've been trying to extract from him for months. 😁

Keep up the great work!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Did I get this information right? Farsight has already finished an original table based on a Sony license and they are releasing it for Halloween on a separate app? If I heard it right, they must have really rushed this to get it finished.

A little worried that they did not give it the love it needs to be a success. Making a table from scratch and incorporating a good rule-set takes a lot of time.

Maybe this has been in the works for longer than we think?

Yeah, forgot about this rather big bit of news! Thanks Karl

I don't know whether we can assume the app or app content has been rushed. I think we can bank on the fact it will have the freemium token system Bobby alluded to in BlahCade 11.

My guess is that it will have rule depth similar to an EM, or early SS machine. Kudos to Farsight if they manage to get deeper rules than that in this first effort.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The thing that frustrates me with Data East (beginning with BTTF), Sega, and Stern tables is that because of the limitations of the FarSight Sound Mixer implementation we will never hear the glorious stereo soundtracks present in these tables.

BSMT 2000 in DE machines used an amplifier per channel to deliver 2.1 stereo sound. At the time, it stood out dramatically when playing tables without this technology. Sega continued this trend.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I was typing while listening. It was frantic towards the end in the mad minutes closing the show. Spelling took a back seat.

No worries, and thank you for the type up. Just putting the phrase alpha plane bloom in the thread so future forum searches can find this thread.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Last Action Hero was not confirmed or suggested at all, Bobby was kidding, trying to appease one of the interviewers. lol

You guys get too carried away with some of this. :p

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I think Bobby is very careful about what he says. Time will tell.

Well, there's no way on earth that LAH wouldn't need a KS. In fact, I'd bet money that it would need one.

That said, I'm pleasantly surprised about "Rescue 911". I've been wanting this table since Day 1, and based on company comments until now, I thought for sure it would never happen.

Like you said, time will tell.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Last Action Hero was not confirmed or suggested at all, Bobby was kidding, trying to appease one of the interviewers. lol

You guys get too carried away with some of this. :p
His responses have been nothing but measured in public up until this point.

This behavior while Bobby was on public record would be out of character for him. He sounded pretty sincere to me.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
His responses have been nothing but measured in public up until this point.

This behavior while Bobby was on public record would be out of character for him. He sounded pretty sincere to me.

Again, the male interviewer was jokingly telling Bobby that he confirmed LAH on the air before he joined. When asked what tables could we expect, Bobby said LAH with a laugh. lol The guy was clearly joking, as LAH would need, without a doubt, a KS. I'm not sure why or how anyone could take that seriously? I think it's more dreaming than anything, esp when Bobby has stated hundreds of times the same few tables that are on his KS priority list. (TSPP, Indiana Jones, etc)

If I end up being wrong, you can bump this thread and I'll eat crow, but I'm gonna guess that a lot of people are in for disappointment. lol

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm gonna have to agree with Mr. Rokken here. I listened yet again, this time skipping to the 37 minute mark. The LAH call out was indeed a joke. Of course, never say never, but at this time, do not take what Bobby said in this interview so literally folks.

Derrick Hopkins

Jun 24, 2014
I wholly believe he was serious about Last Action Hero. (and not just because I was part of the interview.) As others have said, Bobby isn't one to play fast and loose with details. And also, he said that they have a licensing agreement with Sony Pictures and that they would be releasing several tables based on it. LAH is a Sony Pictures film. I think Bobby laughed because he realized that my wild call out at the beginning of the interview was actually on target by a crazy stroke of luck. It may or may not need a kickstarter but that wouldnt stop it from being on the list of tables a couple of seasons from now. Dracula didn't need a kickstarter, possibly because it's also a Sony Pictures film and included in the deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts