Join Our Live Interview with Bobby King on Monday 9/22 (Allgames.com)

karl

May 10, 2012
It all depends on the agent of Arnold, I guess. LAH is ok, but I'd personally rather have just about every Williams/Bally left from the 90' (and most of the 80' and 70' also) before it. If it comes... great! If not, no tears from me :)

Kickstarter material it is not

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I'm gonna have to agree with Mr. Rokken here. I listened yet again, this time skipping to the 37 minute mark. The LAH call out was indeed a joke. Of course, never say never, but at this time, do not take what Bobby said in this interview so literally folks.

Finally. lol

It all depends on the agent of Arnold, I guess. LAH is ok, but I'd personally rather have just about every Williams/Bally left from the 90' (and most of the 80' and 70' also) before it. If it comes... great! If not, no tears from me :)

Kickstarter material it is not

Agreed.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Last Action Hero is a good game. I would be happy with it if released but I also agree that 90% of the WMS tables from the 80's/90's would be far more enjoyable. Not to mention quite a few Data East tables would be more enjoyable (Lethal Weapon 3 and Hook would be a couple good choices). As for some of the other tables mentioned in the interview, I wouldn't think any of them confirmed. I hope they don't come either. Laser War is pretty average, Raven (which was called a Data East incorrectly) is not very good and Hollywood Heat is, like Raven, just more Premier/Gottlieb mediocrity. Rescue 911 was a very good game so given the fact we will still probably be getting at least 1 Gottlieb per season, that would be ideal and I am glad to hear they are pursuing it. Hopefully anything else they plan on doing with the Gottlieb license is either using it for one of the EM's mentioned and/or Stargate. Amazing that at the very end of their run as a company they really started making some unique and fun games with Rescue 911 and Stargate.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Also there are some major issues with presenting future table announcement as "fact" and that "the papers have been signed". I know personally that farsight is pretty strict about non disclosure agreements. Either that was broken or certain guesses were presented in a misleading way. In any case it was not a good decision to present that information on upcoming tables without being an employee for farsight.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Also there are some major issues with presenting future table announcement as "fact" and that "the papers have been signed". I know personally that farsight is pretty strict about non disclosure agreements. Either that was broken or certain guesses were presented in a misleading way. In any case it was not a good decision to present that information on upcoming tables without being an employee for farsight.

Who is this directed at?

Bobby is the one who said "Last Action Hero". "Season 5". I was recording the minutes of the show, just like CaptainBZarre did. We both heard the same thing.

If Bobby wants to retract that statement or clarify it after the fact, that is his decision. And if he does, feel free to point it out and I'll update my statements.

I would think the buck stops with him regarding issues on non-disclosure.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Who is this directed at?

Bobby is the one who said "Last Action Hero". "Season 5". I was recording the minutes of the show, just like CaptainBZarre did. We both heard the same thing.

If Bobby wants to retract that statement or clarify it after the fact, that is his decision. And if he does, feel free to point it out and I'll update my statements.

I would think the buck stops with him regarding issues on non-disclosure.

If you listen to the whole thing, the male voice, prior to bobby king's arrival stated that laser war, raven, and another table or two were confirmed. Bobby king was not present so had no opportunity to dismiss the "announcements"

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If you listen to the whole thing, the male voice, prior to bobby king's arrival stated that laser war, raven, and another table or two were confirmed. Bobby king was not present so had no opportunity to dismiss the "announcements"
Yeah, don't know what the story is behind those comments. Maybe [MENTION=4558]Derrick Hopkins[/MENTION] can confirm his sources?

I did listen to the whole thing. I was on the live chat from when the session started. I admit to glossing over those two things knowing that the canonical source of info was Bobby, during the interview.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Are we still on this? :p

I'd assume that Bobby would have a little bit higher authority to announce things, and I doubt he's on a NDA.

Secondly, for the millionth time, he was joking about LAH.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Are we still on this? :p

I'd assume that Bobby would have a little bit higher authority to announce things, and I doubt he's on a NDA.

Secondly, for the millionth time, he was joking about LAH.

Again this has nothing to do with last action hero or bobby king being on an Nda. This has to do with the derek h guy stating that raven and Hollywood heat were being released. The questions are how does he know this, is it even true and is he violating an Nda?

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Again this has nothing to do with last action hero or bobby king being on an Nda. This has to do with the derek h guy stating that raven and Hollywood heat were being released. The questions are how does he know this, is it even true and is he violating an Nda?

Way I see it, there are two ways of looking at it :

1. Derek somehow knows something no else does AND is violating NDA by revealing it

or

2. He was joking and/or making things up.

#2 seems much more likely.

Derrick Hopkins

Jun 24, 2014
Way I see it, there are two ways of looking at it :

1. Derek somehow knows something no else does AND is violating NDA by revealing it

or

2. He was joking and/or making things up.

#2 seems much more likely.

Hi everyone,
At the beginning of the interview when I told Bobby King that I had been answering questions for him in his absence (since the interview was scheduled to start 30 minutes earlier) and that I had announced a bunch of games to be released, that was a joke. A few minutes later, we asked about upcoming tables (one table from each new season) Mr. King volunteered Last Action Hero. I don't believe he was making that up.

I mentioned Raven because we had asked him about that and Laser War in one of our previous interviews with him on the Dead Pixel Live podcast (7-18-13, 10-29-12) and he mentioned that they do have Data East and Gottlieb licenses. I'm not under NDA and have no inside knowledge of whats happening at Farsight. But since Mr. King himself mentioned Last Action Hero i would regard that as verifiable. According to the interview it is 3 seasons away though so it'll be a while before we find out. He's never been shy about saying 'no' when asked about tables that arent being made. (Data East's Star Trek was a solid 'no' as was Guns N Roses) so I dont think he'd say yes to a table just to appease an interviewer.

I hope this hasnt been a sore point for people. The interview was fun and Mr. King is always a great guest and very forthcoming with information.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Thank you for the clarification. I do think the podcast was a good one overall and it has some unique aspects that are quite refreshing.

The reason for being worked up was that these matters are taken rather serious in the forum. People have been banned for sharing file names that are accessible in the steam directories by anyone that owns the game so any information that doesn't come directly from farsight can lead to trouble. Glad to hear it was just a joke, though.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

I must have misread, my apologies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.