Junk Yard Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I was really hoping the alpha plane issue for the left white flasher on the back wall would have been resolved. Ryan, can you please have the art team look at the alpha plane around the the left white flasher on the back wall as this issue makes that portion of the table look cloudy or foggy.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Couple things I noticed:

Triggered the ball save through having a ball recycled. The camera didn't pan over to the plunger.

High scores are all just placeholders. AAA - 500K, BBB - 400K, etc.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The issue where turning the Operator's Mode on doesn't allow you to start a game is still present.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Started my first multiball but camera stuck in plunger view until only one ball left.

Second time it worked no problem.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Definitely more framedropping than usual. All tables have been playing so smoothly after the latest os update, until now. Are the tables going to require more hardware juice from now on?
Plays smoothly with mipmapping on though and still looks good enough.
Lag delays when choosing table and when starting new game. Definitely no biggie though.
No problems with button mashing at inituals entering.
By the way the camera angles are awesome both portrait and landscape and table.

Last edited:

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
In my experience it went really well! Only problem I experienced was the "window shopping" mode - is the view supposed to go up to the back glass?

I was able to check off all the standard and wizard modes, so they all work.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Great Job!

==Bugs==

During hurry up mode, there is a voice clip missing for Devil. There is a noticeable gap in the music where his voice call "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon. Hurry Hurry Hurry" should play.

I did get the Outer Space plunger cam bug, but because all missions are automatically relit again after trying out this mode, I was able to complete the goal easily. Are these modes supposed to stay lit? I would have thought that after defeating Bob, they would reset to unlit.

I also noted that if you achieve more than one high score, the local high score menu displays directly after the last name input control overlay disappears. So instead of seeing the Local High Scores table after match finishes, it displays while match is running. It's almost like this screen is timed to display after x seconds rather than waiting for the match state to indicate it should display.

I also noted that Norman didn't use much Novus 3 on the shooter lane before it was photographed. Wow, that shooter lane has some solenoid dust pounded into it. Isn't that something that should be cleaned up digitally after the photos are taken?

The intensity of the flasher underneath the ball should be increased. It is an eye-draw in the real game.

Also the physics behind how that ball and chain are moving looks rather serpentine, and it stops moving too quickly as well. Play the real table and see how mobile that chain is. If your real table has the ball touching the playfield, it is adjusted incorrectly. It should float just above the playfield.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Thanks Ryan - portrait camera angles for High Speed still not fixed.
Below is view 3 (widest & highest available) and you can't see the left outlane kickback indicator at all on an SGS4.
py5a6u7u.jpg

Could you fix this please.

N

netizen

I found some interesting things

Device: nexus 10
Bug(s): when you quit a game you have to watch the screen and wait for the ball to be ejected from the Left Ramp and drain before starting a new game or the ROM will not engage properly. If you have started a game, or more, where the ROM doesn't engage properly a single player game will start as a 4 player game.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Seen during first game :

* The Tablet was in Flightmode
* During Play, sometimes the "pause" (Menue) was pressed, and the Tab was switch off
* Switch on again and continous the game ( after the 3 Sec. )
* at the end of the game, a new HC was reached
* the Initial-Char could be insert > Then the app crashed :(

The Ininital-Char and the point are stored, but in the HC - List there are no add. points : Still "0" .
The Score war nearly 1000K

gonzo

Aug 27, 2013
It seems to work quite fine to me, the only bug I've noticed so far is when you have to use both flippers to choose a bonus on the backglass the camera doesn't always pan so you can't see what you're selecting. It worked fine on my N7 but didn't on my HTC One. On both device I managed to trigger the bonus selection only one time, I don't think this is a device dependant bug but rather an intermittent one as I already noticed the same bug with Scared Stiff a while ago: the camera pan worked most of the time but sometimes (really rarely) it didn't.

One other thing that struck me is the song loop used in the flipper selection screen isn't a perfect loop and needs to be shorten a little bit to loop well.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I'll pass this on but our art guy is out today I think (not in yet)

I was really hoping the alpha plane issue for the left white flasher on the back wall would have been resolved. Ryan, can you please have the art team look at the alpha plane around the the left white flasher on the back wall as this issue makes that portion of the table look cloudy or foggy.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
They are looking into this but Mike put a fix in but we can't figure out why its not working in some cases

Started my first multiball but camera stu
ck in plunger view until only one ball left.

Second time it worked no problem.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah with this table there are some emulation and timing issues, you can't just quit the game on the real table which confuses the emulation, we are not sure how to fix this without a full reboot.

I found some interesting things

Device: nexus 10
Bug(s): when you quit a game you have to watch the screen and wait for the ball to be ejected from the Left Ramp and drain before starting a new game or the ROM will not engage properly. If you have started a game, or more, where the ROM doesn't engage properly a single player game will start as a 4 player game.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
We can get it to work on our end, it appears it just takes a while for the start to register

The issue where turning the Operator's Mode on doesn't allow you to start a game is still present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts