Kickback Lane?

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Has anyone had this actually work? The instructions say it activates by completing the 1-3 or 4-6 spot targets. I've done this many times and haven't even seen the lane light up much less work.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Works for me too (iPad 4).
What are you playing on?

You lose the kickback it as soon as you lose a ball though. Then you have to relight it by completing a set of spot targets again.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

This works for Android too - plenty other stuff doesn't on this table, but this is a definite favourite now with TPA's improved tuning.

(there's a very good Firepower on UK ebay today, with a buy it now £795 - tempted, but I sadly do not wear the pants in this household).

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm on iPad 3 and I try to keep it lit all the time as its so drain happy. As soon as the kickback is used I make it a priority to relight it.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
It works fine on Android. As I said in another thread, the kickback is violent enough that you'll have to stay on your toes if you won't want to drain immediately after it fires.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
...Hmmm. You lose the kickback when the ball drains, though the lit arrows are retained. After that, completing one bank of lit targets, if some of them were already lit before you drained, doesn't necessarily re-light the kickback. Could this be a bug? Online rulesheets don't say much about the behavior.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Did we ever figure out whether the Firepower kickback is actually working correctly? For me, it seems to light if you complete a bank of three targets on the first ball, but if you lose a ball, the kickback will always deactivate, and completing the targets after that doesn't necessarily light the kickback. Rulesheets don't say anything about this behavior, but I haven't watched a real Firepower's kickback closely enough to be sure what it does.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
...Here's the specific scenario I'm wondering about:

1. Complete one or two targets in a bank of three
2. Drain the ball
3. Complete the remaining targets

Currently, if you do this in TPA's Firepower, the kickback doesn't light. I'm probably going back to Pelham pretty soon and may see if I can figure out what the real pin does.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
...Here's the specific scenario I'm wondering about:

1. Complete one or two targets in a bank of three
2. Drain the ball
3. Complete the remaining targets

Currently, if you do this in TPA's Firepower, the kickback doesn't light. I'm probably going back to Pelham pretty soon and may see if I can figure out what the real pin does.

It behaviour different between TPA and WPHOF for above quoted scenario.
Scripting is wrong in TPA I believe.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
It behaviour different between TPA and WPHOF for above quoted scenario.
Scripting is wrong in TPA I believe.

Actually, as far as I can tell, TPA is the one that's right! I just checked this out on a real Firepower, and TPA's weird behavior seems to be what it does. To light the kickback, you have to complete the whole target bank on a single ball. (Online rulesheets tend not to specify this, which is why I wasn't sure.)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Actually, as far as I can tell, TPA is the one that's right! I just checked this out on a real Firepower, and TPA's weird behavior seems to be what it does. To light the kickback, you have to complete the whole target bank on a single ball. (Online rulesheets tend not to specify this, which is why I wasn't sure.)

Thanks Matt - glad to know.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I was wondering about this too.

Check the video below. He starts a new ball at 1:08 and hits the third target on the right side at 1:19, which doesn't light the kickback (yet he does light it at 1:22). HOWEVER, at the 1:43 mark, the ball drains, then he hits the third spot target on the right side at 1:50 which DOES light the kickback.

I'm confused :/

At the very least, the video confirms that you don't have to hit all three spot targets on a single ball to light the kickback...at least sometimes lol.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
totally off topic interjection - look at those pop bumpers go!!

carry on :)

SNAP!

And look how fast the balls are ejected from the saucers when there is no lock lit. They are almost fired back at you immediately, rather than waiting 1.5 seconds to return.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Also, some more insight into what settings Farsight may have set for this game. This configuration sheet may shed light on the setting Farsight has coded for the Kickback.

http://www.firepowerpinball.com/downloads/RulesSheet.pdf

Good find.

It says "Lit from "1-3" or "4-6" targets on same ball".

However, that makes the video above seem even stranger since it seems to happen two different ways on two different balls. Maybe there's a bug in the actual ROM.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.