Kickstarter tables tourney

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It was just a fun little tourney to help promote the kickstarter.
If I were them I'd never offer a prize. They are for fun and bragging rights.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I understand totally Fromduc.

Pledge 15 bucks, work hard to get the 1st place in Gold or the top ten (and this tourney was very tough!)... and have a crappy (and not spooky at all) custom ball as a reward. Well...it sucks, yeah, we can say it's a shame.

I don't know, maybe not a Gold edition of TAF (100$ pledge), but let's say, at least a redeem code for a pro version of a previous table.

In the same time, FS offers free tables (!) at the end of their twitch stream just by picking up randomly some people! :/

Though mine just appeared - won a free copy of Phantom!

http://www.twitch.tv/farsight_studios/b/576505797

1:05:00 on the broadcast posted.

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I understand totally Fromduc.

Pledge 15 bucks, work hard to get the 1st place in Gold or the top ten (and this tourney was very tough!)... and have a crappy (and not spooky at all) custom ball as a reward. Well...it sucks, yeah, we can say it's a shame.

I don't know, maybe not a Gold edition of TAF (100$ pledge), but let's say, at least a redeem code for a pro version of a previous table.

In the same time, FS offers free tables (!) at the end of their twitch stream just by picking up randomly some people! :/

Somehow they didn't somehow give me the free POTO table last time.

For The Party Zone they should give it to me without hesitation! ;)

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Can you count, suckers?

[Fat lips to the m-i-c]: All right now, for all you bumpers out there in the pin city, all you flipper people with an 'eye' for the action, I've been asked to replay a request from the Grammercy Riffs. It's a special for the Worriers, th@ real live bunch of Rabbit, and I do mean the Kickstarters. Here's a hit with them in mind. [Plays]:[size=+2]Pinball[/size]
;-j

[Fat lips to the m-i-c]: Here's an update, the A.C./D.C.'s missed their chance, so there's still time for a big hit. More news later.
[Pays sic topy]:[size=+2]Down Payment Blues[/size]

Last edited:

nuclearkevin

Nov 11, 2013
So i finished 1st in gold, and i got the same price.

I didnt expect a car or a week in Tahiti, but for winning this tourney having a stupid eyeball... i was 100% sure to have a Gold edition of the table, or something of this kind, knowing this kind of feature would cost almost (totally?) nothing to the company. I would have played the tourney even without a price, it's not the question, i play almost all of them, but here it's just a total lack of respect, dont say u give price for top 10 if it's for nothing, and the same garbage for #10 in bronze and #1 in gold . I never talked bad about FS before that, even when we were waited 3 month for a table on PS3, but there guys it's a shame. No need to say that it's the last time i pledge more than the minimum for having the table in any Kickstarter, or that i encourage anybody to pledge in, i'll continue to play it coz i like the game and i wont punish myself, but nothing more. HUGE disapointment here.

Fromduc, I agree with you completely. I have never bashed FS before either, but they really, really cheaped out on this one. You deserve better than that stupid eyeball without question.

This was the first tournament I ever entered and probably my last. I wasn't expecting much in rewards knowing I'm not in the same league as the top guns here. I really only pledged the $15 and entered to try to help fund AF. I hope FS does the right thing and rethinks their "rewards."

Not to bash FS too much here, but I will mention one more thing. I have not played much for a while. After the tournament my interest was renewed so, I thought let try for the leaderboards on STTNG again. I posted about a bug with STTNG freezing up almost a year ago http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...start-camera-angle-change?p=132790#post132790 This did NOT happen during the tournament to me. It seems to only happen when I have a really high scoring game going. Guess what happened? I had a great game going and very well could have in the top 10. Damn thing froze up on me again... I love to play STTNG, but this takes the challenge and enjoyment away for me. Maybe I will try again in another year. In defense of FS, they may have posted something about this that I am not aware of. I'm not in here much and don't look at everything. I hope they are aware and working on a fix.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Well even if it's not the answer you'd like, i can only give u a piece of advice on STTNG: dont go for FF. It's buggy as hell, and if u compete to be top 10, points are useless at this level of points compared to MB Borg. IF u avoid the central hole and always chose a mission already done in command center, u can go very far without playin it, or at max one or 2 times, minimizing the risk. I know it's not satisfying, but best to do here :/

And tx for the support ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts