Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
The similarially named Strikes and Spares from Bally is a fun one too. Somewhat racy art, though. I would like to see early SS in general. A few from Williams like Black Knight are coming, but I would like to see some from Bally, Stern, and Gottlieb as well. I would also like to see some early SS stuff from Williams not in Pinball Arcade like Flash. Not sure how it would do sales wise, but I heard it did extremely well when it came out. I guess I want to see Steve Ritchie stuff in general, though.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I do...like Strikes and Spares but it doesn't share the same dynamic as TS does in my opinion. Even though it shares the rollover pin concept. I think i find it easier, and it is fun, but there's just something about TS that just DEMANDS you play that next game. A lot like Tetris did for the NES or Gameboy.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Lots of new info on the Facebook page...basically a "State of TPA" address for almost every platform.

(But am I reading the 360 paragraph correctly? It says that an update with both DLC packs will be submitted to MS this week...so does that mean the 4-5 week approval clock hasn't even started running yet on MM and BoP?)

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Maybe the first one for 360 got denied. Or perhaps pricing structure isn't good for packs of 2 on XBLA. 400 mspoints is the minimum for MS I think? That's 5 dollars, which would make DLC there more expensive, unless they offer 4 for 600 points?

Shame for XBox people.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : Updated release information for DLC Tables Pack #1 on consoles (Xbox 360 - DELAYED!), added a release time frame for Game Center on iOS, added Wii U to "Announced for" under General Information and information on the Wii U version under Pre-Release Information and updated the latest information on the 3DS version.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
This is very sad news for 360 players. We're looking at the middle to late June now for the first DLC.

And, if I'm reading the update correctly, we still won't get the lighting update until DLC 2, which will be released god-knows-when.

BTW, it's a bit rough to be told that the DLC you're expecting to be released today, is only getting submitted this week. Obviously, Certifications and submission processes are out of their hands, but I think FS can improve their communications a little.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This is very sad news for 360 players. We're looking at the middle to late June now for the first DLC.

And, if I'm reading the update correctly, we still won't get the lighting update until DLC 2, which will be released god-knows-when.

BTW, it's a bit rough to be told that the DLC you're expecting to be released today, is only getting submitted this week. Obviously, Certifications and submission processes are out of their hands, but I think FS can improve their communications a little.

The Xbox 360 won't see the lighting update until the release of the DLC Tables Pack #3 update in mid July.

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
I'm not sure if it's possible to add tables (i.e. chart) easily, but how about for tables (the pinball types :p ) that one is popped into the info. It might be easier to update and read. Platform along the top, tables down the side, coloured dots for status i.e. green for available, orange for coming next DLC and red for announced.

(example, as a roughie, since I don't know how to do it!)

............iOS....Android....Mac

BoP..........*..........*..........*
CV...........*..........*..........*
AfM..........*..........*..........*

Last edited:

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Was the 360 DLC #1 rejected or something? I assumed it had been submitted weeks ago.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
At least we're getting four tables at the same time, now, but it's a bit disappointing I have to wait until June for BoP and MM on 360. At least I can still play them on iOS in the mean time and the MM update is coming sooner than the 360 DLC.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm not sure if it's possible to add tables (i.e. chart) easily, but how about for tables (the pinball types :p ) that one is popped into the info. It might be easier to update and read. Platform along the top, tables down the side, coloured dots for status i.e. green for available, orange for coming next DLC and red for announced.

(example, as a roughie, since I don't know how to do it!)

............iOS....Android....Mac

BoP..........*..........*..........*
CV...........*..........*..........*
AfM..........*..........*..........*

I'll look into making a chart for the tables to make it easier to read.

Adam

Apr 5, 2012
So much for beginning of May...mid-June for the tables on 360 is painful to hear. Won't have the same free time then like I'm going to have this month. I thought they said MM and BoP were submitted last month, what the heck happened?

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Stinks for 360. But makes me glad I have this on multiple platforms. It sucks though that Microsoft's approval process time takes so long.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Wait a minute, wasn't the XBOX 360 release initially rejected and only delayed a week? I was just on facebook and rushed here, I saw the announcement but had no indication that it would take until mid june. Is the approval process really 4-5 weeks? I only saw one suggestion that we would be looking at mid-june, but I've had no luck finding what the XBLA approval timeline is in general?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Wait a minute, wasn't the XBOX 360 release initially rejected and only delayed a week? I was just on facebook and rushed here, I saw the announcement but had no indication that it would take until mid june. Is the approval process really 4-5 weeks? I only saw one suggestion that we would be looking at mid-june, but I've had no luck finding what the XBLA approval timeline is in general?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

When FarSight has to resubmit an update, the approval process starts all over again. Since FarSight will be resubmitting the DLC Tables Pack #1 update with the DLC Tables Pack #2 update, they will both more than likely be approved and released together by mid June.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Ah, this is sad to hear. I really wanted those new tables. At this rate, the mobile platforms will be on pack 3 by the time BOP and MM are released for consoles.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Any news on why the first pack was rejected?

I was planning to get both the DLC for Xbox Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball's Avengers pack this month, but since the former isn't coming until next month and the latter will be near the end of the month, if it comes this month, I went ahead and ordered Super Pinball II Amazing Odyssey for Super Famicom (I have the tabs removed from my SNES for imports).

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ah, this is sad to hear. I really wanted those new tables. At this rate, the mobile platforms will be on pack 3 by the time BOP and MM are released for consoles.

You are correct, but since the Xbox 360 will get both DLC Tables Pack #1 and #2 next month, they will still only be behind about a month on the DLC. I believe the PS3 and Xbox 360 will always be a month behind Andriod and iOS simply because of the length of the approval process at Microsoft and Sony. The only way to rectify this is for FarSight to submit the DLC Pack for Android and iOS a month after they submit them to Sony and Microsoft so that they can all be approved and released around the same time and even that's not a sure thing since Sony, Microsoft, Apple or Google could easily reject any submission at any time. I'm more than happy with the staggered releases, but I do understand that some people only have The Pinball Arcade on one platform or device.

Any news on why the first pack was rejected?

FarSight hasn't given a reason for the rejection or delay. Hopefully someone from FarSight can share some information on this with us here on the forum.

Last edited:

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
So what was the contents of the facebook message? Read the first post, but not sure what was updated.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
So what was the contents of the facebook message? Read the first post, but not sure what was updated.

If you're asking what the facebook message was regarding DLC for the Xbox 360, it was posted as follows:

The Pinball Arcade 360 - An update that includes both DLC Pack #1 and #2 will be submitted to Microsoft this week for approval. Improved lighting is scheduled to be implemented in time for the next DLC release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts