Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've been checking that stupid PSN store all morning waiting for it to update! It's xmas and i want my presents!!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The PS3 version just had the update but no new tables yet. I know the store hasn't been updated but the tables do 'feel' quite different from the last time I played last night in preperation for DLC #3. MM and CV 'feels' much better. I'm not sure the flipper gap was fixed or not but it seems like I'm not losing the ball STTM as much as before.

Also it seems I can be much more accurate with my shots. I'm not sure I suffered from the PS3 lag that seemed to be an issue to some. All I know is that I can shoot some of the side targets and outer orbits more accurately than in previous versions. Can't for the store update. DLC #3 and ZP2? Will be in pinball heaven for another 3 weeks at least until DLC #4.

Yes , i agree physics or something was improved , FunHouse is more fun now , and balls dont seem as fast as they were before "bouncier" maybe? I noticed it on MM too , and tables seem more dynamic in physics too

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, here's a question about the update...

We got trophies for dlc on PS3. How do I get the 'standard goals' trophy if I'm already in wizard goals? I've beaten the wizard goals on BoP, and was just playing it now when I metamorphed the bride. Just like that, I got the wizard goal trophy. so does it work that way with standard goals? Beat one and get the trophy?

damn you stupid virtual trinkets!!

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
Okay, here's a question about the update...

We got trophies for dlc on PS3. How do I get the 'standard goals' trophy if I'm already in wizard goals? I've beaten the wizard goals on BoP, and was just playing it now when I metamorphed the bride. Just like that, I got the wizard goal trophy. so does it work that way with standard goals? Beat one and get the trophy?

damn you stupid virtual trinkets!!

That's what I'm wondering. I did like you've mentioned, to acquire the Wizard Goals Trophy. But the Standard Goals one isn't unlocking, nor is it for other three tables.

Sir Cheddar

Jun 7, 2012
That and seriously...paid software on linux? Yeah it exists but the "what's this man? it should be open source" crowd will start to cry.
Say, does this never go away? Do me a favor, check up the Humble Bundle and see how much Linux users are willing to pay for software - you will see that lots of us are happy to pay for closed source games. Without any whining, I might add.
But truth be told, I'd like to see the Windows version first. My cabinet prototype runs Windows, after all.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Ah ha time to scratch off the PSN card and redeem those points , thanks Pinballfan69
Ok this is odd and offtopic but Zen Pinball 2 was listed as free on my Vita so I grabbed it ,I will update as soon as I know more : EDIT Ok that's very deceptive they get you to download the demo by listing it as a free game , and letting you have a time limit to play 4 of the tables , at least The Pinball Arcade never pretended to be a full game with it's demo .

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE DLC Tables Pack #3 featuring Gorgar and Monster Bash is AVAILABLE NOW! on the PS3 (NA) and PS Vita (NA) for $4.99 USD. Trophies are also AVAILABLE NOW! on all add-on tables for the PS3 (NA) and PS Vita (NA).

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Say, does this never go away? Do me a favor, check up the Humble Bundle and see how much Linux users are willing to pay for software - you will see that lots of us are happy to pay for closed source games. Without any whining, I might add.
But truth be told, I'd like to see the Windows version first. My cabinet prototype runs Windows, after all.

Just because some will pay for software like reasonable people doesn't mean that the Linux masses won't still complain about it not being open source. I hear it all the time.

Also in regard to an earlier reply about the live disk, the problem with the drivers only supporting certain cards is that now you've built a machine and are very limited in updating graphics hardware. Essentially building an overpriced game console. I want to see it happen. I wouldn't mind Linux being able to be taken more seriously as a gaming OS but it really has to become more and more "windows-like" to do so.

subbie

Jun 14, 2012
Looks like iOS pack 5 is delayed.

Sorry it's my fault because every time I get my hopes up for something to release by a specific date it always gets delayed. =|

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Can someone please clear this up?

PS3 Release dates (For PSN - NA)

Pinball-Arcade-Pack4-e1346789042787.png

DLC Tables Pack #4 Release Dates :
Black Knight and Creature from the Black Lagoon 9/25/12

Pinball-Arcade-Pack5-e1346784642370.jpg

DLC Tables Pack #5 Release Dates :
Harley-Davidson Third Edition and Taxi end of September.

If Table pack 4 is set for 9/25/12 and Table pack 5 is set for end of September it makes it sound like it will be released sometime after
Table pack 4, but the next Tuesday falls on October 2nd.

Is Farsight considering releasing 4 new tables on 9/25?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Can someone please clear this up?

PS3 Release dates (For PSN - NA)

Pinball-Arcade-Pack4-e1346789042787.png

DLC Tables Pack #4 Release Dates :
Black Knight and Creature from the Black Lagoon 9/25/12

Pinball-Arcade-Pack5-e1346784642370.jpg

DLC Tables Pack #5 Release Dates :
Harley-Davidson Third Edition and Taxi end of September.

If Table pack 4 is set for 9/25/12 and Table pack 5 is set for end of September it makes it sound like it will be released sometime after
Table pack 4, but the next Tuesday falls on October 2nd.

Is Farsight considering releasing 4 new tables on 9/25?

It's looking like DLC Tables Pack #5 is being pushed back to an early October release for PS3 (NA) and PS Vita (NA). I'll update the release time frame when I find out for sure.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Just because some will pay for software like reasonable people doesn't mean that the Linux masses won't still complain about it not being open source. I hear it all the time.

Also in regard to an earlier reply about the live disk, the problem with the drivers only supporting certain cards is that now you've built a machine and are very limited in updating graphics hardware. Essentially building an overpriced game console. I want to see it happen. I wouldn't mind Linux being able to be taken more seriously as a gaming OS but it really has to become more and more "windows-like" to do so.

I get where your coming from man, been hearing the same thing for over 10 years, but these days...saying make an os that predates classical windows when even thats going metro similar, is abit silly and out dated. Im a huge opensource fan yet my main casual system is an ipad(its a unix tab after all). Linux unix bsd...they went wrong trying to emulate the windys ...as others have said linux users arent cheap just geeks and i for one would pay for both windows and linux versions as i switch platforms alot.

If they ever put out a tech demo im sure me and a few others could make a small live disk...it just needs to play pinball!

Let windows be windows man or metro...sexual

If a proerly compiled kernel doesnt run 99. Percent of your hadware outta the box with full 3d acceleration ill eat the usb drive

/geek indignation

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
"We need to let everyone know that a major problem has been discovered in the Pinball Arcade PlayStation3 update that was released in North America today. If your PS3 is set to the 480 or 720 display modes only the original four tables are visible in the table menu. The temporary solution is to use the 1080 display mode if you can. We will be submitting a new patch to Sony on Monday that fixes this problem and we hope to have it deployed within a week or so. This is the second PS3 patch in a row that shipped with a major problem- we want to let you know that this is NOT acceptable to us, and that we will be making immediate changes to our testing and submission procedures to make sure this does not occur again, on any platform. In the meantime please accept our sincere apologies. Within the next several months we will be adding the ability to purchase custom virtual pinballs for use in the game. We will offer all of our PS3 customers a free custom ball as a small token of apology for the inconvenience we've caused you. Thanks for sticking with us, and thanks again for your support of the Pinball Arcade."

SuperGrafx

Aug 26, 2012
Within the next several months we will be adding the ability to purchase custom virtual pinballs for use in the game. We will offer all of our PS3 customers a free custom ball as a small token of apology for the inconvenience we've caused you."

Whoa, what's this about custom virtual pinballs?

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
"We need to let everyone know that a major problem has been discovered in the Pinball Arcade PlayStation3 update that was released in North America today. If your PS3 is set to the 480 or 720 display modes only the original four tables are visible in the table menu. The temporary solution is to use the 1080 display mode if you can. We will be submitting a new patch to Sony on Monday that fixes this problem and we hope to have it deployed within a week or so. This is the second PS3 patch in a row that shipped with a major problem- we want to let you know that this is NOT acceptable to us, and that we will be making immediate changes to our testing and submission procedures to make sure this does not occur again, on any platform. In the meantime please accept our sincere apologies. Within the next several months we will be adding the ability to purchase custom virtual pinballs for use in the game. We will offer all of our PS3 customers a free custom ball as a small token of apology for the inconvenience we've caused you. Thanks for sticking with us, and thanks again for your support of the Pinball Arcade."

hey, nice move

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

The only problem is... if someone is using 480p or 720p mode to begin with then most likely their TV doesn't support 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.