Bug Leaderboard exploit discussion

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013
Thanks, although to be honest I think this thread has already implied too much information about how it works. As I said I was pretty sure how it had happened but having read this thread I tried to replicate it and subtly bumped my score on another competition table from position 83 to position 23 in about two minutes. Definitely open to abuse. I've now emailed farsight to ask them to remove both scores.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
I do not play on this tournament. No fun like this.
Bug is partly reproducable on IOS. Bug is active on the tournament for IOS, but I cannot misuse the bug on the regular LB's.

Maybe there are several bugs. Tried on android free version to reproduce it on the free table of the month, did not work either. Maybe the bug is different on both platforms or different on the tournament and regular LB's....

I tried posting the bug here due to frustration, but it got removed by the moderators.

Last edited:

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013
This Nejsem is pretty good at it. Doesn't bother me on the regular leaderboards, but during a tournament, no good.

Totally agree with you Chris - I don't really give a s**t about the leaderboards, I'm more interested in beating my own high scores, but on a tourney that is BS.

BTW, in the current tourney, I had a legit 20MM+ score on Centaur (which would have beaten Nejsem), but no rollover. Bummer.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I had the game of my life on Bride ;) it could have easily been 15bil, I got tons of 5mio awards instead of billions... No cheating involved. I still have no clue how that cheat works.

The only thing that really bugs me, is that the obvious false scores are not deleted by FS.... Especially if its one from the top3 :(

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Totally agree with you Chris - I don't really give a s**t about the leaderboards, I'm more interested in beating my own high scores, but on a tourney that is BS.

I totally agree with you. I don't care about the normal leaderboards, all I care about are my own personal scores. But this ruins the tournament for me.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
I think they use Bride to go for a high score and post it onto the other tables of the tourney.

mrtangerineman

May 7, 2013
be nice to have an update from Farsight on this issue....... last input from FS was over a month ago.

Email just received.....

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We have
confirmed the bug and are going to put a fix in for it asap.

Please respond to this message if more information is requested or required.

Thank you,
Pinball Arcade Support

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Email just received.....

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We have
confirmed the bug and are going to put a fix in for it asap.

Please respond to this message if more information is requested or required.

Thank you,
Pinball Arcade Support

Since they are fixing this how about explaing how it works?

I thought it should have been made public from day one. Quite a few people know how and only a select few have been honest enough to admit it. Keeping it secret often keeps the fix from becoming a priority.

whiplash1972

Apr 21, 2013
Newbie here. Well, actually, I've been playing Pinball Arcade for several months now, and decided I'd try the tourney this time. I began noticing some unusually high scores on the leaderboards, and came here looking for answers. Well, after reading this thread, it took me one try to figure out the glitch that's allowing folks to do this. My high score showing for Central Park was actually taken from Circus Voltaire. Yup, no way any of the leaderboards can be trusted. :-(

Last edited:

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Hmmm. Nejsem seems to have replaced his (her?) Centaur high score. Used to be over the rollover, and thus clearly an unattainable hack. Now sitting pretty right under the 10 million.

How?!

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
It looks like FS has been making some selected edits to the leaderboards, but still not deleting all of the obvious bogus scores. I see names like "Database_Error" and "OK WE WILL" where other things used to be.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Hmmm. Nejsem seems to have replaced his (her?) Centaur high score. Used to be over the rollover, and thus clearly an unattainable hack. Now sitting pretty right under the 10 million.

How?!

Saw that too. This is why I stopped playing the tourney back on Tues or Weds.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012

How?!

It's possible he played a legitimate game and posted that just to screw with people. If not then he is using hacks that are beyond the cross-board bug.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts