360 - Bug Leaderboard issue

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Can we have some sort of official update on the online leaderboard thing if at all possible please?
Hardly anybody seems bothered about this issue but to myself and my friends the lack of online leaderboards is an absolute gamebreaker.
I've already stopped my friends from buying the two table packs (unfortunately, I'd already picked them up before the lack of leaderboards was widely known) and none of us will be purchasing future packs if online leaderboards aren't a feature.

Any update would be appreciated thanks.
Online leaderboards will ofcourse be a feature. As you can see from Mike's posts this is currently a bug/omission from MS's end, which is why we aren't too bothered with it, as we know it will be resolved. That said, an update from farsight/mike would be appreciated.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I posted my question on the dev support forum yesterday. It's been viewed more than a dozen times now and I still don't have a response.

As soon as I find out I will post something.

As for the question about scores being posted after it goes up, I'm not sure. Our game doesn't keep track of your leaderboard posts and repost them later. I believe someone was implementing something to do that, I'll see if we can put it in for a future title update. It's just tricky cause on XBLA you have to make sure the repost is by the same gamertag.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Sweet! Now i can see how bad i am! :)
We all started somewhere. I still remember my first score on (a real) Theatre of Magic...all of 26 million. Thankfully I didn't realize at the time how inflated ToM's scoring was, so I didn't immediately give up on pinball. I mean, it's 26 million, so it's a good score, right? :p

Needless to say, I've improved a bit in the 13 years since...

brad

Jun 23, 2012
We all started somewhere. I still remember my first score on (a real) Theatre of Magic...all of 26 million. Thankfully I didn't realize at the time how inflated ToM's scoring was, so I didn't immediately give up on pinball. I mean, it's 26 million,
so a good score, right? :p

Needless to say, I've improved a bit in the 13 years since...
Well ive almost got you beat on black hole so i guess im ok :) 2.5 mil
Funny about theatre! Its definitely easier than for real.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I've gotten a response from Microsoft that the configuration (that contains leaderboards and achievements) was posted late friday. It sounds like it's all working now, if not please let me know.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I've gotten a response from Microsoft that the configuration (that contains leaderboards and achievements) was posted late friday. It sounds like it's all working now, if not please let me know.

Everything is working fine now Mike, thanks.

Ozzpot

May 5, 2012
Are the leaderboards down again? I just put in a 2.6m on Black Hole. Please don't tell me it was for nothing! :(

::EDIT::

Ok, this is really annoying. I just played the game of my life on Black Hole. I pulled off 3 death saves. I won about 10 extra balls. I got about 1.5m from the lower table bonus, about 750k of that on one ball. Multi ball several times...

I scored 2.6m. My previous best was 899k. It wipes the floor with everyone on my friends list. Only thing is, for some reason although I WAS online, it didn't upload to the leaderboards. The leaderboard wouldn't even load for me straight after the game. I had to go back to the dash first. Now I can see the leaderboard, my big score isn't there. It's in my local high scores, but not the leaderboard.

You've screwed me again FarSight! ;)

Is there no way my high score can be pushed to the leaderboard? Do I really have to repeat this performance?

Last edited:

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
FS are eventually going to make it to where TPA high scores attained when not online will be uploaded, right? I mean, the leaderboard needs to be there in the first place, for all the tables, but since my Xbox disconnects from Live while I'm playing TPA all the freaking time, I'm not even sure the scores I have on the board are even my best scores. I'm not as good as a lot of the other posters here, but still, accurate representation on a stable leaderboard doesn't sound like too much to ask for.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Leaderboards will likely stay offline till frankenstein multiball is fixed: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...a-testing-please?p=22836&viewfull=1#post22836

Best course of action atm though, at least it will allow me to enjoy the game as is, playing in a normal fashion instead of getting frustrated by exploiters. And in the end the endresult between keeping the boards offline and resetting it (if thats even possible) in 5/6 weeks time is the same: no score for you on the board.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.