License expiration for TZ, STTNG and T2

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
I emailed FarSight about this. The person who responded to the email said that they generally only get licenses for tables that they're pretty sure they can renew easily. They went on to say that definitely we would get a warning if a table was in fact going to be close to being pulled off the market, and that of course the tables would always be downloadable for people who had purchased them already.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Renew with or without a Kickstarter?

If those tables get pulled then they'll never be available on Wii U, NDS or any future device.

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
I was checking out the old Kickstarter updates and it seems that the Twilight Zone license was signed almost exactly 3 years ago, on June 8, 2012. I maaaay just bite the bullet and purchase the table for PS3 just in case they pull it, although it's certainly possible that they had 3 years to sell it from release of the table. At least TZ will always be available on that PS4 disc though. T2 was signed on July 22, 2013 (2 year license instead of 3 as has been commented on earlier).

Michael Taylor

Aug 18, 2014
Never really thought about that, but what happens if you have the Tables downloaded already, do they stay or are you forced to remove them? (I have T2 and TZ)

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
Never really thought about that, but what happens if you have the Tables downloaded already, do they stay or are you forced to remove them? (I have T2 and TZ)

Nah they will for sure still be playable always if you have them downloaded, and most likely will always be re-downloadable as long as you purchased before they expire.

I thought this was shot down already.

Yea I mean the customer support person told me in an email that we'd get warning etc. but who knows how much information that person actually has? I'm still paranoid (even though the easy solution for me is to just spend the few dollars to buy the tables now).

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
Until yesterday, I had one system remaining without TZ and STTNG.
I bought season 1 for that system now, just to be save and to get better sleep :)

Last edited:

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
Bumping this 2 year old thread. As far as I know, a handful of the premium licenses have now long passed their original expiration dates, but no tables have come off the market yet. Did we ever hear official word from FarSight that they had worked out extensions? Are extensions generally much easier/cheaper to work out than the original terms?

I saw a random thread on another forum where a person said T2 is expiring mid-2017, but I don't know where they pulled that date from.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The one that said that got abducted by aliens.
Last year all real versions of the T2 have been collected all around the world and then been shredded or burned because the original license expired.
Time to put on the tinfoil hat.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Didn't they say the license was renewed in the Swords of Fury twitch stream?

I took that to mean that they could create more Bally/Williams pins. The question above is regarding specials licenses for the kickstarter pins.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
How do you say they took our pinball in 10 different lanuages! make it happen farsight....i mean ughhh wut?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts