Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I guess it's also time to post every release with fixes.

Version 1.52.3 Initial Fixes (Big Hurt released):

Gorgar's HUD Fixed (finally)
Indy 500 Tuning; loss of music FIXED
Rescue 911: Multiple Jackpots in the lock area/tunnel; scoring jackpots from Eject Hole FIXED
TX Sector: Lock tuning update
Start Button in Portrait fixed
Space Shuttle music: FIXED
Twilight Zone: Gumball Camera FIXED
Player Transition in Portrait: FIXED

Last edited:

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Is the disappearing glove in Big Hurt really "uncommon"? It was there for me, mostly, when the table first came out, but after 1.52.3 it has never appeared again. Sometimes it appears in attract mode, but it always vanishes as soon as you actually start the table.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Is the disappearing glove in Big Hurt really "uncommon"? It was there for me, mostly, when the table first came out, but after 1.52.3 it has never appeared again. Sometimes it appears in attract mode, but it always vanishes as soon as you actually start the table.

That's why I marked it uncommon, as it can vanish after starting a game. I'll clarify.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Twilight Zone:
-The regular metal ball briefly turns into powerball when nudging the table.

Similar issues with nudgeing present in some older tables as well. I date them back around when the new UI came out. For instance the wooden parts at the inside of Junk Yard's cabinet will flash a reflection whenever nudging the table. Other tables will just turn darker for a half sec. instead. (No, it's not the GI turning down to warn about TILT.) It's like the light sources/some shading is not attached to the table, and they dislocate for a short time when the rest of the table moves.

Only tested in DX11

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Were looking into the glove disappearing and the odd gumball texture behavior.

Edit: There will be a fix in TZ for the odd reflections/textures in the gumball machine on DX11 in the upcoming release this Friday.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Really appreciate all of the effort you put forth into tracking the bugs. I like the fixes you show for each release. Very nice.

Thank you for the compliment. I really would like to see a more polished game, and this is miles better than what I've compiled in the past.

Version 1.53.8 (H2H) Fixes:

Flight 2000: Plunger Camera 3 is aiming towards the ceiling.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
I am not able to complete the Earn a castle hurry-up bonus goal on Medieval Madness (playing on dx 11)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I am not able to complete the Earn a castle hurry-up bonus goal on Medieval Madness (playing on dx 11)

This can affect gameplay because not only from millions of points, but 10 hurry-ups earns an extra ball.

It seems that every new release introduces new bugs to previous tables. Tiring.

karl

May 10, 2012
This can affect gameplay because not only from millions of points, but 10 hurry-ups earns an extra ball.

It seems that every new release introduces new bugs to previous tables. Tiring.

Not that severe. I can get the hurry-ups and the points. I am not able to get the goal in standard goals. Only problem is that I can not advance to wizard goals because of that one goal that will not give me a star. I started on a fresh install a while ago and just now tried to finish off some goals again. Probably a new bug, though. Not terribly important to most of us, but new players will be affected since they are not able to advance to the wizard goals

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Not that severe. I can get the hurry-ups and the points. I am not able to get the goal in standard goals. Only problem is that I can not advance to wizard goals because of that one goal that will not give me a star. I started on a fresh install a while ago and just now tried to finish off some goals again. Probably a new bug, though. Not terribly important to most of us, but new players will be affected since they are not able to advance to the wizard goals

Try it in dx9 in the meantime, I'll see if we can get a fix for dx11 in the next update.

karl

May 10, 2012
Tried it and it does not work in dx 9 either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A completely different matter:

Btw. Some other goals I did (after the latest version) have now suddenly disappeared. For instance, I had all the wizard goals done in EBD but today when I tested the app, I have only done the standard goals.

I guess that last problem must be something with my account. But the MM bug sounds like an app bug. No problem for me, just wanted to let you know about it.

PS! I believe that last problem, with goals disapearing, might have something to do with the fact that I installed steam on another pc in my apartment, recently. No goals carried over to that pc, but when I tried the app on my usual pc a little later, everything had disappeared there also

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
That's the problem! When installing TPA on a new computer, you're risking to lose all high scores and goals. Seems like TPA doesn't check the cloud saves correctly when launching the game for the first time on a new PC. There is a thread here in the forum on how to get older saves back into the Steam cloud. That is, if you have a backup somewhere or the other PC still has the "old" high score file.

Your issue is: The new PC generated a new Savefile, which was uploaded into the Steam cloud. When you launched your other PC, it loaded the "new" Savefile from the Steam cloud, because the timestamp is newer. But it only contains all goals and high scores from the new Steam installation :(

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
That's the problem! When installing TPA on a new computer, you're risking to lose all high scores and goals. Seems like TPA doesn't check the cloud saves correctly when launching the game for the first time on a new PC. There is a thread here in the forum on how to get older saves back into the Steam cloud. That is, if you have a backup somewhere or the other PC still has the "old" high score file.

Your issue is: The new PC generated a new Savefile, which was uploaded into the Steam cloud. When you launched your other PC, it loaded the "new" Savefile from the Steam cloud, because the timestamp is newer. But it only contains all goals and high scores from the new Steam installation :(

Thanks. Thought it might have been something like that, but good to have it confirmed.

Will this be a problem in future also, using two pc's. Will steam always look for the latest savefile or is it just right after the new install of steam?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Thanks. Thought it might have been something like that, but good to have it confirmed.

Will this be a problem in future also, using two pc's. Will steam always look for the latest savefile or is it just right after the new install of steam?

I think you won't have thi issue in the future. What usually happens, when starting the game:

There is a local file with a timestamp. It is checked against the file on Steam cloud. Which ever is newer, will replace the other one. So you should be fine.

Once you install TPA on a new PC, it will generate local save files before checking existing ones on Steam cloud. Therefore the local file is newer and replaces the Steam file.

Please note this is from what I recall when I had the problem myself (it even occurs when creating a new user profile on the same computer, since these file are saved in a user specific folder). It might not be 100% correct, but I think that's what it works like.

References:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/7980-Steam-Cloud-saves-not-syncing-again
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2470784

Last edited:

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
When I enter my intials for Phantom of the Opera, TPA does whatever it wants (local high scores). Sometimes the initials are close to what I entered but they are never correct. And every time it's something different. There are even superscript letters which I don't think you could enter even if you wanted to. It would be nice if this bug would be solved.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
When I enter my intials for Phantom of the Opera, TPA does whatever it wants (local high scores). Sometimes the initials are close to what I entered but they are never correct. And every time it's something different. There are even superscript letters which I don't think you could enter even if you wanted to. It would be nice if this bug would be solved.

Sadly this a known issues that we currently dont have a way to fix.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
For DirectX11 in Portrait mode, you have to hit Alt+Enter twice in order for it to size correctly, sometimes in landscape too.
With the new UI, you cannot scroll up and down the table lists with the mouse scroll wheel - this was a nice feature of the old UI.

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
Sadly this a known issues that we currently dont have a way to fix.

OK, thank you for your answer. This bug is not that bad in any case... What about the mirror in ToM or the translucent playfield of Black Hole for example? Could you let us know if we can expect a fix for those one day? It's not urgent but it would be nice to know whether you plan on doing something about them one day.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts