Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yes, native for me is 1080p.

... you should be able to run @ 4K with that rig. I've not had a chance to test out the new patch yet but I am using DSR 4K on my 1060 with no problems. At least, I think I am. Setting the back buffer to 4K appears to have the same effect as DSR, it's quite noticeable in SPA where a lot of artifacts are smoother.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
While we get the fullscreen issues fixed, here is a list of other fixes for this update. I kept it in the same format and wording as the master issues list so you can compare the two.

Issues fixed as of 1.57.14 are highlighted in GREEN

New UI:

• Missing parts of the UI in some tables. Known issue with one of the post-processing options.

Big Shot:

• The 3,000 Bonus light ties in with the 1 Ball light.
  • The 1 Ball light ties in with the 2 Ball light.
  • The 2 Ball light ties in with the 3 Ball light.
  • The 3 Ball light ties in with the 4 Ball light.
  • The 4 Ball light ties in with the 5 Ball light.
  • The 5 Ball light ties in with the 6 Ball light.
  • The 6 Ball light ties in with the 7 Ball light.
  • The 7 Ball light ties in with both 8 Ball lights.
  • The 8 Ball lights tie in with the 9 Ball light.
  • The 9 Ball light ties in with the 10 Ball light.
  • The 10 Ball light ties in with the 11 Ball light.
  • The 11 Ball light ties in with the 12 Ball light.
  • The 12 Ball light ties in with the 13 Ball light.
  • The 13 Ball light ties in with the 14 Ball light.
  • The 14 Ball light ties in with the 15 Ball light.
  • The 15 Ball light ties in with the left rollover light.
  • The leftmost rollover light beneath the drops ties in with the right rollover light.
  • The right rollover light ties in with the left Special light at the target.
  • The left Special target light ties in with the right Special target light.
  • The right Special target light ties in with...something else. Or just dimmed from the other bugged lights.

Doctor Who:

• A plastic is missing in the upper right corner of the playfield, around the upper right pop bumper. It has text: "Increase Transmat Faster" with an arrow pointing to the 5 on the back.

Doctor Who - Master of Time:

• Score display missing on the DMD at times (after ball launch, certain other events?)
    This should be much better in this build
  • Scores are without commas. Is there any way to implement them for easier reading?
  • Steam Achievements not hooked in with this table.
  • Fixed angel target lighting in DX11.

Eight Ball Deluxe:

• Ball count dip switch settings have been corrected, 4 and 5 ball mode now give you the correct number of balls.

Firepower:

• INFINITE SCORING GLITCH: Draining one ball with another ball in a non-locking hole incorrectly goes into the end-of-ball bonus phase. Adding to the bonus while in this phase (especially from the top hole, near the FIRE lanes) can cause this game-ending bug.

Gladiators:

• Goals are not toggling. Known issue; will be patched later.

Medieval Madness:

• Castle hurry up goal will now be awarded.

Victory:

• Loading Haunted House makes this table's music muted.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
New bug for 1.57.14 (DX11) in the UI: Mouse cursor and its hitbox are mismatched. When you click something with the mouse you are actually clicking on a spot about an inch to its left. To use any control you have to move your mouse to the right of it until you see the control's focus indicator light up.

Edit: The separation grows as you move to the right side of the screen, so it's apparently a resolution mismatch between draw resolution and hit grid. That is, if you try to click the exit button at top left, it works with the mouse on top of it normally, but over on the right side of the screen you're shifted so far right that you're more than an inch off-kilter.

Edit again: It's completely a mess. All the fonts are in horrible shape. Some UI graphics (the start button, for example) are not quite right.

Edit a third time: aaaaand I didn't scroll up far enough because I stupidly assumed that people wouldn't have been posting about this yet. argh. Well, here's another.

P.S. I run at 1680X1050 and I'm attempting to run it fullscreen.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
New bug for 1.57.14 (DX11) in the UI: Mouse cursor and its hitbox are mismatched. When you click something with the mouse you are actually clicking on a spot about an inch to its left. To use any control you have to move your mouse to the right of it until you see the control's focus indicator light up.

Please tell me I'm not the only person this is happening to.

Edit: The separation grows as you move to the right side of the screen, so it's apparently a resolution mismatch between draw resolution and hit grid. That is, if you try to click the exit button at top left, it works with the mouse on top of it normally, but over on the right side of the screen you're shifted so far right that you're more than an inch off-kilter.

P.S. I run at 1680X1050 and I'm attempting to run it fullscreen.

We should have a fix in for this soon. It was only supposed to be released to the beta group for testing. We determined the cause and have a fix we plan to update with.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
While we get the fullscreen issues fixed, here is a list of other fixes for this update. I kept it in the same format and wording as the master issues list so you can compare the two.

Issues fixed as of 1.57.14 are highlighted in GREEN

Gladiators:

• Goals are not toggling. Known issue; will be patched later.

Are the Goals fixed or are we still going to have to wait for an upcoming patch?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.57.15 Fixes:

Unable to enter fullscreen mode on my 27" Acer monitor, model no. K272HL via HDMI. 1920x1080 resolution displaying "Input Not Supported". Even hitting the Alt-Enter combo in Windowed doesn't work, and other users have trouble with this as well. (Then again, it could just be my monitor being crap. It happens with other games, like Zaccaria Pinball, too.

Inputs for keyboard are now fixed as well for fullscreen.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Yes, welcome back again to fullscreen:D

Edit: unfortunately the game is stuttering one or two times for a few seconds in a 6 minute game (DX 11 and also DX 9). Annoying; it wasn`t there before.

Edit2: ok again! Thx!

Last edited:

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Much better. Fullscreen works again, UI back to normal, fonts etc okay.

Eh not quite for me.

It starts out in a small window, but now I only need to hit alt+enter once, and it is at the proper res.

Choosing Windowed or Fullscreen in the DX11 configuration settings doesn't seem to do anything. It always starts in that window in my screenshot.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
... you should be able to run @ 4K with that rig. I've not had a chance to test out the new patch yet but I am using DSR 4K on my 1060 with no problems. At least, I think I am. Setting the back buffer to 4K appears to have the same effect as DSR, it's quite noticeable in SPA where a lot of artifacts are smoother.

I specifically chose two monitors that are 1080p for this rig, and didn't even want 1440 given the choice. I know that sounds weird to gamers but given the type of work I do, it's what I wanted.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
It starts out in a small window, but now I only need to hit alt+enter once, and it is at the proper res.

Choosing Windowed or Fullscreen in the DX11 configuration settings doesn't seem to do anything. It always starts in that window in my screenshot.

That is normal. I also have to hit Alt+Enter once to get to fullscreen. But it works.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Let me know how this update works for you guys, hoping it will work better!

1.57.15 DX11

Game starts in fullscreen now (1920 x 1200) correctly
Received High Score goal achievements for Doctor Who MoT & Gladiators
Received standard goal achievement for MoT. 3/5 Wizard goals registered. Not sure if the goals were registered already and just the achievements were missing.
Standard goals start registering for Gladiators, no goals were registered from previous games.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
[MENTION=6358]Brandon Garvin[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION], thank you for going in and fixing all these issues. Everyone else in the forum deserves credit as well for the help in finding these issues!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
RESULT - mine is launching full screen without needing ALT + ENTER ( I had to do it the first time but since then it has launched perfect). First time this has ever worked properly for me :) Thanks

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
That is normal. I also have to hit Alt+Enter once to get to fullscreen. But it works.

...why... why would that be normal? It shouldn't be normal that it ignores the 'fullscreen' option in the configuration window, and then requires you to alt+enter every single time. I mean, I only have to do it once, but do it once every time, so that's an improvement over having to do it 3x.

Busol

Dec 19, 2013
Don't know where to post this really.
I have a cabinet, dedicated to TPA. Got it running Windows XP and Steam.
Didn't check out season 06 yet, decided to do so today.
Bought the tablepack on my desktop and fired up my cabinet.
Steam starts and updates, but Pinball Arcade will not start.
Is it finally time to upgrade my windows install on this thing?

Hi all. I got the same problem
I use WindowsXP (DX9) and got cabinet with 3 diplays.
For some time I cannot run TPA. It looks like it wants to start but then stops (with no info). I can run Configuration utility but even if i change settings it wont start even with default settings.
Does it mean that TPA does not work now with DX9 ?

Is there any log that I can search any info what causes the problem ?

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
We might have figured out one of the bugs.

In the registry it is saving the DX11 settings to Stern Pinball Arcade instead of Pinball Arcade.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts