Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
Yes the alt+enter thing does work to get SPA out of the windowed mode to full screen, but the resolution is not correct. It doesn't look horrible and you might not notice it being wrong, but you can tell because of the size of the Steam notice (press Shift+Tab whatever message) that appears when you launch the game.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Yes the alt+enter thing does work to get SPA out of the windowed mode to full screen, but the resolution is not correct. It doesn't look horrible and you might not notice it being wrong, but you can tell because of the size of the Steam notice (press Shift+Tab whatever message) that appears when you launch the game.

The improvements we recently made to fullscreen in TPA will be making it across to SPA in the next update. We know it's pretty bad right now, though.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
[MENTION=6358]Brandon Garvin[/MENTION]
Fullscreen finally works well for me as well. However, there is still one issue left with it.

If we install Pinball Arcade on a fresh machine, where it was not installed before (or we delete it from the registry), DX11 fullscreen still won't work. The reason for that if the following registry entry: http://i.imgur.com/G5q4sl1.png
By default, it will point to the Stern Pinball Arcade folder. If that entry was already existing, pointing to the correct location, then it won't be overwritten with the Stern one.

Edit: Just noticed, [MENTION=4840]EnergyOne[/MENTION] mentioned this already a few posts ago.

Last edited:

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
[MENTION=6358]Brandon Garvin[/MENTION]
Fullscreen finally works well for me as well. However, there is still one issue left with it.

If we install Pinball Arcade on a fresh machine, where it was not installed before (or we delete it from the registry), DX11 fullscreen still won't work. The reason for that if the following registry entry: http://i.imgur.com/G5q4sl1.png
By default, it will point to the Stern Pinball Arcade folder. If that entry was already existing, pointing to the correct location, then it won't be overwritten with the Stern one.

Edit: Just noticed, [MENTION=4840]EnergyOne[/MENTION] mentioned this already a few posts ago.

We got a fix for this in earlier today. Going forward new installations should be working fine!

The update with the fix should be out in the next few hours.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Al's Garage Band

Entering initials is broken.
Starting "Brain Damage" mode pulls the camera back away from the table. Camera moves back to "normal" only after multiball ends.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Victory:

If you tilt on the last ball, the 'Tilt' overlay covers the 'Select' button if you get a new high score.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
We got a fix for this in earlier today. Going forward new installations should be working fine!

The update with the fix should be out in the next few hours.

Thank you so, so much for fixing this irritating bug. It's been an issue since at least May, 2015! Really this brings me joy, as doing the alt+enter 3x each time I wanted to play also messed with browser windows and whatnot when it would change resolutions and stuff. Soooo much better now. :) Happy customer here.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.58.4 Bugs:

Al's Garage Band Goes on a World Tour:

• Missing sound effects in Video Mode? I think a drum or cymbal sound is supposed to be played after each flipper press.
  • Sometimes, a hard shot to the right ramp can have the ball rolling all the way back from the end of the ramp.
  • Sitichy and Delmore plastics above the three spot target bank are swapped.
  • Missing kicker directly below the right ramp's exit.
  • Ball went through the right side of the 2nd lock and into the plunger lane. This also triggers a plunger camera bug.
  • Initial selection is broken with the flipper selection.
  • Game stuck in plunger camera after starting Brain Damage.

Gladiators:

Collision issue where the balls during Multiball don't release one by one for the Super and Ultimate Jackpots at the T ramp.

Last edited:

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Has anyone managed the Extra Ball Standard Goal on Garage Band? I've gotten multiple from both the band member targets and from brain damage, but the goal hasn't ticked yet.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Has anyone managed the Extra Ball Standard Goal on Garage Band? I've gotten multiple from both the band member targets and from brain damage, but the goal hasn't ticked yet.
It doesn't register if you get it during multiball.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
It doesn't register if you get it during multiball.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I've gotten it at least three times in single ball as well, but if you've gotten the goal I'll keep going. The Kickback relight took a few tries to register as well.

Edit: Got it the very next game, wasn't trying for it, didn't even realize extra ball was lit when it triggered.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.58.5 Fixes:

Al's Garage Band:

Initial selection is broken with the flipper selection.

Star Trek TNG:

T.8. 03, the Time Rift light, ties in with the Worm Hole light.
T.8. 04, the Worm Hole light, ties in with the Time Rift light.
T.8. 14, the Command Decision light, ties in with the Rescue light.
The left and right Borg flashers are tied to each other (left activates part of right and vice versa).
T.6 Playfield 1 and 2: There are two sets of GI lights on both tips of the Enterprise below Time Rift and Asteroid Threat. Probably in its correct behavior.

Last edited:

Larry Gleaner

Jun 27, 2016
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm unable to navigate the interface using a XB360 controller on Steam. Selections appear to haphazardly jump around and I can not get to my tables.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm unable to navigate the interface using a XB360 controller on Steam. Selections appear to haphazardly jump around and I can not get to my tables.

Xbox 360 controller just moves the mouse cursor, and the UI snaps the mouse cursor to default locations on certain screens. So it doesn't really support Xbox 360 controller in the UI at all, at least not in the sense of how you would use a game menu on an actual console. Anyways, because of this, the mouse cursor (which becomes hidden when you stop moving the mouse) can end up between or not over a button on the UI, making it so the controller cannot select things. You need to use the mouse in those cases.

Farsight need to implement a better way of UI when using a controller. You shouldn't be moving the mouse cursor with the analog stick. You should be able to highlight and select buttons, with the same type of fluid action you get on any other game.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Hmm. I use a wireless X360 controller, and for me the pointer becomes visible when I move the left thumb stick. You have to have look carefully for it, but if you keep waving the stick round randomly you'll eventually spot it.

I've no idea what happened to the tile-to-tile navigation that's been implemented with the D-pad; in earlier versions of the UI, it was working okay. Recent releases have been more broken.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
The troublesome score display in Gorgar is still causing trouble. After playing a game of Gorgar, the UI has garbled fonts, where parts of letters look like they've been replaced with parts of the score "LED" segments.

I can add an image later if it's not clear what I mean or if I'm the only person in the whole universe who has this issue. If you do have it, you'll know it. Just go to any UI screen after playing Gorgar and you'll see.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.58.10 fixes/bugs:

Al's Garage Band:

Sitichy and Delmore plastics above the three spot target bank are swapped.

Missing target on the left side of the CD.

EBD:

The 50,000 light is dimmed at the DELUXE targets.
The D on the backbox DELUXE is tied in with the 50,000 light at the DELUXE targets.

Last edited:

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
The troublesome score display in Gorgar is still causing trouble. After playing a game of Gorgar, the UI has garbled fonts, where parts of letters look like they've been replaced with parts of the score "LED" segments.

I can add an image later if it's not clear what I mean or if I'm the only person in the whole universe who has this issue. If you do have it, you'll know it. Just go to any UI screen after playing Gorgar and you'll see.

Yeah I've seen this happen as well. I think it was yellow colored?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts