Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
This started today.....When I boot up TPA from the Steam logo in lower right corner, it starts up in dx9 mode, instead of showing the choices to play dx9, dx11 or lauch configuration utility. To access dx11, I have to click 'Library', right click to get the menu and choose dx11 there.

Sounds like an issue within Steam. I haven't had that situation yet, and I'm not sure if anyone else experienced it.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
This started today.....When I boot up TPA from the Steam logo in lower right corner, it starts up in dx9 mode, instead of showing the choices to play dx9, dx11 or lauch configuration utility. To access dx11, I have to click 'Library', right click to get the menu and choose dx11 there.

Can't remember who originally posted this fix, but under Pinball Arcade Properties in Steam, go to General -> Set Launch Options

Enter

"<Path to your Steam Directory>\steamapps\common\PinballArcade\PinballArcade11.exe" %command%

Example

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PinballArcade\PinballArcade11.exe" %command%

I confirmed I can still directly run DX11 from the Steam icon in the lower right after the last client update.

Edit: Obviously PinballArcade11.exe shouldn't have spaces in it. They don't show up in editing mode, not sure why they're displaying in the final post.

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Tried that and I get this:

Failed to start process for Pinball Arcade:

"The file name, directory name, or volume level syntax is incorrect."(0x7B)

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Tried that and I get this:

Failed to start process for Pinball Arcade:

"The file name, directory name, or volume level syntax is incorrect."(0x7B)

Make sure you have that quote mark " at the beginning before your drive and after PinballArcade11.exe

Alternately, if your drive path has no spaces in it because you installed it somewhere else besides the Program Files directory, you can take the quotes out.

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
High Speed is completely dark and unplayable since the last update (DX11). I know that Pinballwiz45b mentioned this already but I think "Lack of DX11 lighting" sounded a bit tame ;-)

It looks awful at the moment and I hope this is patched soon as I really like this table!

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
There are so many reflection issues with metal parts like doors or legs, especially on older tables, that I don't even think that they're worth collecting. Or it should be mentioned as one entry.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.61.9 Fixes:

Bride of Pinbot:

Coin Door texture is now a backglass texture.

El Dorado CoG:

Backglass is missing entirely and is replaced with a 2nd score display.

High Speed:

DX11 lighting is fixed.

Paragon:

Scores beyond 1M are not possible.

STTNG:

Game goes pitch black after launching the first ball, can't see anything but the DMD. Scrolling Camera issue.

TotAN:

Plunging too early while the camera is focused on the skill shot area makes the camera get stuck that way.

Last edited:

SCAAMMM

Nov 6, 2013
Circus Voltaire: Backglass is way too bright when playing the mode where you fire the ball in backglass. Impossible to see ball or any of the backglass workings.

Camera also sometimes forgets to focus on backglass when in this mode. (DX11)

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Same for me, but click the steam logo in the lower right corner, click 'Library', right-click 'Pinball Arcade' and you'll see the choice for DX11. It's very round-about but at least DX11 is accessible.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Then PBA will have to adapt. Like every other game.

Okay, so it looks like there was a fix (maybe much wailing by affected users forced Gabe to backtrack?), but the only two games I've ever encountered on Steam that had the DX9/DX11 launch options were TPA and Civ5. Granted my Steam library is not exactly huge and is mostly populated with AAA titles (read: Skyrim, GTA, et al) so maybe this is more of a "thing" than I'm aware of.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts