Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
HOTFIX ALERT:

Looks like the msvcr110d.dll file is missing in Pinball Arcade from the current build. If you have SPA installed, copy this file and put it in the Pinball Arcade folder through Steam.

Else, just download the file and put it there.

SCAAMMM

Nov 6, 2013
Really? It's a weekend, and they've been preparing for the WMS removal since they first announced it. This release happens on a WEEKEND, yet this remark is brought up here? I wake up to find this reply from 5-6 hours ago?

Ridiculous. They'll get them all sorted out in due time. A weekend update is not normal, especially when we get new content.

And yes. I can confirm that AC/DC, Star Trek, and Mustang do not work at this moment.

BUT, this is a good thing. Given that the lights aren't turned on, means that there are stray lights that aren't hooked up to the game code yet. You'll notice some stray GI that's lit across the playfield.

All this is a good thing is it? Keep telling yourself that.

And they are not new TABLES. They are brought over from Stern pinball. So what?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
All this is a good thing is it? Keep telling yourself that.

I did say this was a good thing. Without the proper file to hook up the game code, I can pinpoint which lights are currently turned on. Without the code, you're basically looking at a machine that's turned off. And you can't have a machine that's turned off and have lights on at the same time.

That way, if/when they are able to fix the new Sterns, the lighting will be (hopefully) fully functional. Does that make sense?

No, it's not good that the games don't work without msvcr110d.dll in the proper folder, and I agree with that. No, it's not good that most of the GI around the playfield doesn't interact in the new Sterns. No, it's not good that Mustang has to be bought for $20 in a bundle on TPA. The point is that while I can't play them, I can at least pinpoint anomalies to the best of my ability.

Also, see above post for the hotfix. Tarek over on the Steam forums helped out.

Last edited:

SCAAMMM

Nov 6, 2013
I just want professionalism. especially when I pay as much as I have over many years. This is in no way a personal dig at you, Pinballwiz

dmil666

May 19, 2018
Yep, that it does. Nice to see 'em working. Not going to buy their packages, as I already own all of the other Stern TPA tables, but it's nice to see them working.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
It keeps closing the game whenever I try to play Frank Thomas Big Hurt. I don't own it, was just trying to play the trial. After I click play trial the table screen shows for like 2 seconds then the game closes.

Tig77

Jan 13, 2016
It keeps closing the game whenever I try to play Frank Thomas Big Hurt. I don't own it, was just trying to play the trial. After I click play trial the table screen shows for like 2 seconds then the game closes.
I can confirm that this happens for me too. I own that table, but the table freezes when I try to play it.

Also I am getting many DEP errors with Pinball Arcade:
"PinballArcade.exe was closed
To help protect your computer, Data Execution Prevention has closed PinballArcade.exe"

But AC/DC, Mustang and Star Trek play with a good frame rate for me. I'm using the DX9 version.

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
During the Klingon multiball laser show the center of the playfield seems to flash shortly in regular intervals. It looks like another picture for a fraction of a second and it is quite annoying...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
By the by, does that multiball laser show happen on the real table, and if so, how dey do dat?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Can confirm the Klingon laser light issue and added.

And yes, the laser light show is supposed to happen on the real thing.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
The glo-balls disappeared after this update.

sent an email to them in support and they wanted to see my purchase history for the glo-balls, didn't we get the glo ones from downloading SPA or buying the tables for it??? Cause I can't seem to find a purchase history for them.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Why is Mustang locked in PBA and not locked in SPBA if you did not buy it?

Also, AC/DC lets me get onto the high score table just using the trial.

I also apparently still have the issue where I hit the ESC key and it drops from fullscreen to windowed mode and speeds everything up. Could it be because I have two monitors?

teknix1

Jun 16, 2018
I also apparently still have the issue where I hit the ESC key and it drops from fullscreen to windowed mode and speeds everything up. Could it be because I have two monitors?

I have that issue too and only have the one monitor. I have a shortcut to the exe on my desktop, If I launch it from within the steam UI, that issue is not always present.

As for other issues, I'd like to mention these:

1. There's a black horizontal line just below the overlay at the top during attract mode.
2. The table icons are not square on my display (1050x1680, portrait) but everything else seems to have the correct aspect ratio.
3. The game launches in DX9 mode when steam is not first running (I use a shortcut to the DX11 version of the game), I'm not sure if my statement is 100% accurate
4. Ghostbusters has awfully low quality audio
5. Changing button mapping is clunky (or I don't understand how it's supposed to work)
6. Scroll distance in "my tables" is always reset to the top if you go into a menu and back out, that's super annoying as you have to scroll back to the end of the list just because you clicked into a menu, it would be nice if those scrollable areas could support the mouse scroll wheel.

I'm hoping #4 will eventually get fixed, I have played this game in real life and love it, the music is great but this reproduction does not do it justice.

Is there any hope of getting support for analog plungers at some point? I have built my own pinball controller and would like to add a real plunger instead of a single button.

While I'm at it, the angles the balls take when flipping seems completely wrong sometimes, how about a setting to dampen or accentuate those angles?

With all that said I love the software, kudos to the developers. I'm so glad they try aim for these machines to be as realistic as possible, so many other digital pinball games just add special effects that drive me crazy like ball streaks and 3D characters that walk the playfield, etc...

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
So was just missing the glo and eyeball custom balls but now I'm missing all my season 6 tables, the Gottlieb ones are all locked and the Bally/Williams ones are all gone!!!!! I bought every pro seasons 1-7 plus backed every kickstarter, but when I check my purchase history it doesn't show any listing for season 6 on steam. If I remember correctly didn't we get a pro season for backing the Dr. Who table at a certain amount???

Yup, got the pro season 6 tables for backing the Dr. Who kickstarter, think Farsight forgot people got those for doing that.

Woot, problem solved by Farsight support, got my season 6 tables and the glo balls back.

Last edited:

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
I have that issue too and only have the one monitor. I have a shortcut to the exe on my desktop, If I launch it from within the steam UI, that issue is not always present.

I always launch it from within Steam.

...but yeah, agreed on Ghostbusters.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Am I missing a trick somewhere, or is "fullscreen" not working properly any more? It's always windowed for me (even after Alt+Enter, which worked in the past). This is in DX11 Portrait @ 2160 x 3840 downsampled to 1080 x 1920, if it really matters. I've not changed any settings, except to mess with the various Windowed/Borderless Window/Fullscreen settings.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Am I missing a trick somewhere, or is "fullscreen" not working properly any more? It's always windowed for me (even after Alt+Enter, which worked in the past). This is in DX11 Portrait @ 2160 x 3840 downsampled to 1080 x 1920, if it really matters. I've not changed any settings, except to mess with the various Windowed/Borderless Window/Fullscreen settings.

Had the same issue. Here is what worked for me. Go to your steam folder and right click on PinballArcade11 application.
After that go to properties and click on the compatibility tab. Final step is to make sure the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" is selected with a tick.
Make sure you hit "Apply" once finished. Launch TPA DX11 and it should now work in fullscreen mode.Hope this fixes your issue :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.