Mavericks Update

Indy

Sep 23, 2013
I'm getting all my purchased tables back except T2, which I acquired through Kickstarter.

My biggest problem is the need to login every time I open PA. Because of this, I need to restore all my tables every time I login. I also can't keep my preferred settings, such as anti-aliasing x8, because to do that you need to re-start PA, and when I re-start I need to login again.

I'm wondering if this login issue is because of problems related to Mavericks or just a setting that I need to change?

Your login issues are due to the current Mavericks issues with our app. We believe we have corrected the issue and we should have fixes coming out as soon as they get through Apple in a few weeks. Sorry. It takes time to push things through Apple.

Jul 2, 2012
Tuomas, I have a question... since I already have Maverick installed, won't the pre-Maverick version of TPA crash when I start to play it? Let me know... if it does work, I'll use Time Machine to restore TPA... Thanks

I believe this comes too late since additional information has already been posted into this topic, but I'll answer anyway.

TPA was working fine for me before Mavericks installation. After installation, the TPA version was still the same as before and it had a lot of issues – purchased tables not appearing, high scores and goals gone, crash at login, etc. After updating to the current TPA version (2.9.0) the issues persisted, so I see no advantage in restoring anything from Time Machine backups at this point.

Right now I think it's best to just wait for the next update, which should hopefully fix the problems we're experiencing. If high scores and completed goals are still gone after the update (meaning that the TPA version malfunctioning on Mavericks somehow erased them), then I would start looking into restoring save files from Time Machine backups – I assume they are backed up. I don't know where the files are, but in the event that data restoration is necessary, FarSight will hopefully assist us in locating them.

Let's hope Apple is quick in their approval process this time!

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Just a heads up: with the fix, users on Mavericks will need to restore their purchases and some settings may need to be reset. Save data was working properly when I ran my tests.

Similarly, users upgrading to Mavericks will experience this turbulence. Sorry for the inconvenience!

FredSanford

Oct 23, 2013
I have reinstalled and restored purchases, multiple times.... it does NOT save the data here on my machine. Waiting for an update.

Shoot Again

Aug 26, 2012
No clue if this is Mavericks related or what. I've just got my brand new MacBook Pro Retina top of the line model with Nvidia GeForce GT 750M discrete graphics and 16 GB RAM.

So I was really surprised to see some heavy lag when playing The Pinball Arcade. It even lags with post processing off and detail level set to 1. That's worse than on my early 2008 MacBook Pro which runs TPA just fine with the lowest settings. Don't know if it's some compatibility issue with the latest MacBook Pro or if it's related to Mavericks. :confused:

If someone else experience lag with the retina models, please let us know.

Last edited:

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Ellis really seems to be an upgrade. Wouldn't have thought Monta and Dirk fit together that nicely.

Shoot Again

Aug 26, 2012
Level 2 is the lower quality setting - level 1 is higher detail
Haha, ok. Anyway, level 1 works well on my old computer while lagging on my new. Also, level 2 lags as well.

It's not lagging all the time, it can run smooth for a couple of minutes then it's like in slow motion for a while and then it's smooth again.

Jay

May 19, 2012
It's not lagging all the time, it can run smooth for a couple of minutes then it's like in slow motion for a while and then it's smooth again.

Same for me on my iMac with a 1gb video card. The previous TPA version worked fine. Now, even with settings at their lowest, I still get that intermittent slo-mo.

Jul 2, 2012
Thanks for the update! No goals were lost, all my high scores are back and frame rates are smooth (with 6x antialiasing) on my Early 2008 MacBook Pro with 10.9.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
So what's the consensus, is the Mac version looking better since the Mavericks upgrade?

I've got four tables in TPA; only thing really holding me back from making the Mac my big-screen TPA machine is quality of presentation (if it's just an iOS port I'm not interested) and controller support (not really keen on keyboard controls - HID support for USB joypads would be nice; I suppose it can test using a Wii Remote over Bluetooth as well).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
So what's the consensus, is the Mac version looking better since the Mavericks upgrade?

Looks the same to me. I still have the same issue on my Mini where anti-aliasing set to OFF is the best performance (but poor-looking) and changing it to anything else makes it unplayable due to flipper lag and ball issues. Once AA is changed it then no longer recognizes the OFF setting and the best I can do is go to the 2x setting and live with it. I can't locate the preference file that is holding the AA setting.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts