Medieval Madness reproduction

karl

May 10, 2012
I see that I am not completely alone on this ;)

[video]http://meemsy.com/v/12322[/video]

karl

May 10, 2012
Has it been a year already? You will probably get yours 6 months before me, then ;-) Smart move. Really looking forward to it. Will look good next to my LOTR. Gonna be hard to top the rules on that one though. Them having the same programmer as Stern had on LOTR won me over on this one. I heard there was ca 100 of the 1000 LE still available a month ago so I am betting it will be sold out soon.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Has it been a year already? You will probably get yours 6 months before me, then ;-) Smart move. Really looking forward to it. Will look good next to my LOTR. Gonna be hard to top the rules on that one though. Them having the same programmer as Stern had on LOTR won me over on this one. I heard there was ca 100 of the 1000 LE still available a month ago so I am betting it will be sold out soon.

Well if I get mine 6 months sooner then I'll trade you mine for your Porsche and later table.

Sounds like a fair trade to me.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I see that I am not completely alone on this ;)

[video]http://meemsy.com/v/12322[/video]

It's an older meme sir, but it checks out.

Yeah "patches" were supposed to improve things in the gaming world. Instead it's made developers incredibly complacent and lazy.

I didn't know the next games were Iron Maiden and Walking Dead until this video though.

Also what are you guys thoughts on the new 9000$ Wizard of Oz 75th Aniversary Edition.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Iron Maiden? Seriously? I hope that's a false rumor, I'm getting pretty fed up with bland rock band pinball. :S

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
They could definitely overdo it on band-themed pinball if they did another, but both ACDC and Metallica are anything but bland. ACDC may be the best Stern table in the last 10 years and Metallica is a great start that could become a top table with a code update.

Not a huge fan of either band, but both tables are (or hopefully will be) pretty incredible.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
The tables aren't bland, I meant the theme. I don't really "feel" the theme with any of the tables, and I think you gotta be a big fan of the band in question to really enjoy it. As a "theme-less" pinball table, AC/DC is an amazing piece.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
People on Pinside seem to really be chomping at the bit for Iron Maiden. I was honestly a little surprised how many people supported the idea. They fit the target audience of middle-aged men I guess. I like Iron Maiden and all, but they wouldn't be my first choice for a pin theme either. If the rules are great that's all that really matters in the end.

'Run to the Hills' multi-ball with lots of ramp jackpots would be fitting I guess..

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I think one of the biggest draw for an iron maiden machine would be the possibility of a super kickass backglass.

N

netizen

If they follow the trend of Metallica then there will be foam rubber Eddie figure on the playfield as well, but given the size of Iron Maiden's song catalogue they could have a table/rule design like AC/DC as well.

Iron Maiden has a very global following, I wouldn't be surprised to see a machine licensed off of them do well.

karl

May 10, 2012
2011: The Rolling Stones
2012: AC/DC
2013: Metallica
2014: Iron Maiden

See a pattern there?

The music pins are here to stay. They sell well (from what I understand) and frankly, I would rather they have one music and one movie/TV game every year instead of 2 movie games every year. The music pins are more in your face, fast and party friendly and sometimes I find that refreshing but I can understand that not everyone likes them (especially if you dislike the band of choice)

Of course I would rather have an original theme, but small change of that happening as long as Gary Stern is still on his feet, are able to put his foot down and scream NO, NO, NO :( They have some of the designer legends at their disposal and they squander away their talents, I say.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
An Iron Maiden table would COULD be pretty great as they have a huge catalog of music to choose from and some great themes that could be used to create modes. If it happened, I would love to see them incorporate all the various incarnations of Eddie into the artwork and DMD.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Well, Stern do have a much larger enemy than reproductions of old games: Code updates. Almost 6 months after the release of Metallica there have been almost no additions to the game play rules, just a few bug updates. Same goes for other Stern titles. Leaving out half the features for Lyman Sheets to finish on his free time at home sounds suspect to put it mildly. The pinside crowd is getting restless but probably not the first time that happens ;)

I can live with a few bugs and ideas coming out after the games is finished, but features that clearly was meant to be there from day one is still missing. What's the point in having a mystery scoop with basically one award. Crank it up it says on the playfield, but it is not there. Even The wizard mode is missing. What we are left with are 4 multiballs, a ramp mode, fuel mode and seek and destroy hurry up mode. All of those are pure fun and enough to keep me busy so I am not one of the most vocal about this. It is a bit concerning never the less if they don't shape up on this problem soonish.

Hear hear.

karl

May 10, 2012
Tron LE has a Daft Punk multiball mode. Never seen it myself since I only have a pro. :(

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Iron Maiden would be awesome. I like them more than the other bands that are represented. I love the AC/DC table, but don't care for the band (everything sounds the same). I would rate the Metallica table right below the AC/DC one, but I like their music a little more than AC/DC. I like 90% of what Iron Maiden has put out (minus the Blaze Bayley stuff).

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts