migration from TPA free to paid version successful

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I had been meaning to tackle this for some time and got around to this yesterday. Heres what i did it may help others. (iOS)
1) leave the existing free version alone don't delete yet.
2) purchase / download the paid version
3) open the paid APP and sign in to TPA you may not see all your tables listed or none may be listed.
4) close the paid APP
5) open the free APP and sign out of TPA.
6) close free APP and open paid APP sign in to TPA
7) your tables should all appear in my tables including tales of the arabian knights which came unlocked in the free version.
8) go to options manage tables download all owned
9) wait for all the tables to download they should all download
10) after this completes you can delete the free APP. KEEP game center data that the second pop up will ask you when deleting.
11) go back to the paid app sign in if you need to and go to options and restore from backups remote.

NOTES: things that did not go too well. I lost some goals on various tables. I forgot to do a backup BEFORE i started this i assumed they were backing up automatically after each game.
I also may have lost all local high scores i had achieved.
All HOF points were lost
need to go to each table and reset each custom ball

Please further note i did this procedure out of memory from earlier postings some place in here from a while back. I may have did extra steps / made mistakes but i have got all the tables (34 of them purchased) from free to paid APP.

Both this paid APP and the free APP have the same exact icon in the latest version. The only to tell the difference is in the APP store one says pinball arcade free the other says pinball arcade $.99 .

Game play seemed better and when i started playing the paid version i hit personal bests on a few tables right away. This could be due to the clean fresh install as both APPS should be using the same engines .

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
You're making it much more complicated than it is. Just do a remote backup from the free app. Delete the free app now, or just keep it; it doesn't matter when you delete it or if you delete it at all. All that matters is that you have a remote backup. Install paid app and remote restore. That's all there is to it!

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
You're making it much more complicated than it is. Just do a remote backup from the free app. Delete the free app now, or just keep it; it doesn't matter when you delete it or if you delete it at all. All that matters is that you have a remote backup. Install paid app and remote restore. That's all there is to it!
see i did it the hard way i wish i knew it was that simple i was going by an old posting from months back and knew i had too many steps in there. I did delete the free APP no need to have both .

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
What exactly does the paid app give that isn't there in the free version? I already have TOTAN.
supposedly it was supposed to have different leader boards and different tournaments but now i wonder. The icons were EXACTLY the same i wonder if TPA is phasing out the paid version and merging it with the free version?

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
As far as I know the only difference is the paid version includes TOTAN unlocked and it's locked in the free app.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
see i did it the hard way i wish i knew it was that simple i was going by an old posting from months back and knew i had too many steps in there. I did delete the free APP no need to have both .

If it's the same directions I think you're referring to then those directions were written before FS introduced remote backup/restore. Life is much easier now. :)

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
As far as I know the only difference is the paid version includes TOTAN unlocked and it's locked in the free app.

I think that was the original idea and then it shifted once pro menus were introduced:
  • Free Version gets TotAN.
  • Paid Version gets TotAN with the Pro Menu.

Also, in-app purchases are bound to the version of the app in which they were made. If you made purchases on both versions and want to get the app on a new device, you'll need to restore transactions on both app versions. Once the transactions have been restored, you can delete the paid/free version of the app.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I think that was the original idea and then it shifted once pro menus were introduced:
  • Free Version gets TotAN.
  • Paid Version gets TotAN with the Pro Menu.

Also, in-app purchases are bound to the version of the app in which they were made. If you made purchases on both versions and want to get the app on a new device, you'll need to restore transactions on both app versions. Once the transactions have been restored, you can delete the paid/free version of the app.
When i first discovered TPA i downloaded the free version. It came with TOTAN unlocked. I later had to purchase the pro version of it to unlock pro. i purchased all 34 tables (less TOTAN) within the free version of the APP. This being the case based on what your saying any future devices i may get i need to first restore to the free version. then i can delete it . From now going forward future purchases will be made on the paid version. So once i restore the free APP purchases i should be able to restore the remainder within the paid version.

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
I downloaded the free version pretty recently (mid-July) onto an iPad. It had White Water unlocked (fully) and promised that each month there would be a different table unlocked to try out (with White Water "expiring" at the end of the month). TOTAN was also unlocked, and it said it would be unlocked forever.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I downloaded the free version pretty recently (mid-July) onto an iPad. It had White Water unlocked (fully) and promised that each month there would be a different table unlocked to try out (with White Water "expiring" at the end of the month). TOTAN was also unlocked, and it said it would be unlocked forever.
that is correct. the table of the month is unlocked until the next release. once you download the new release a new table of the month is unlocked. this months table was centaur and it will change next month unless of course you purchase the table pack (single tables can no longer be purchased). TOTAN is always unlocked on both versions.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts