Mobile tournament starting June 26

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Thanks for the updates everyone, we'll be monitoring it throughout the day.

Hey. Really appreciate your responsiveness. Is there any you could look into using the regular ballskins for the tournament? I realise it has something to do with TAF balls, but it's so hard so see the original ball on this phone. Thanks

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
These tournies its are getting to be a drag anyways. Need a new format imo.

+1.

It's time to implement limited attempts on each table OR only the latest score registered (I vote for this one).

Otherwise these tourney will always be a boring grind fest (i.e. I play until I put a decent score).

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I'm pretty sure there is a cheater in the gold division. Ch8rli3Br0wn crushed all the top scores straight. I don't see that he posted any scores at all to the regular leaderboards.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
+1.

It's time to implement limited attempts on each table OR only the latest score registered (I vote for this one).

Otherwise these tourney will always be a boring grind fest (i.e. I play until I put a decent score).
Just score well on your first attempts ;) I think the tournament format has merit and is a lot of fun. Variation with new rule sets every now and then would keep things fresh though. How about something where your average score counts? Say you need to post at least 3 games, but can play any amount you want.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
I'm pretty sure there is a cheater in the gold division. Ch8rli3Br0wn crushed all the top scores straight. I don't see that he posted any scores at all to the regular leaderboards.

Yeah, cheater for sure. Impossible to score like that. This is not good for the tournament.
FS really should check how this is done.
The app should be posting encrypted to their servers, without any possibility to post changed or hacked scores.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
Yeah, cheater for sure. Impossible to score like that. This is not good for the tournament.
FS really should check how this is done.
The app should be posting encrypted to their servers, without any possibility to post changed or hacked scores.

I was just looking at the gold standings and was going to ask who this guy was. I hate to start all that cheating stuff we had before, but those scores seem a little suspicious.

karl

May 10, 2012
I had a strange glitch when playing Black hole. The ball got stuck on top of the left slingshot and the sling kept firing and giving out free points. If the sling had been worth a little more I could have racked up some serious points ;)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I had a strange glitch when playing Black hole. The ball got stuck on top of the left slingshot and the sling kept firing and giving out free points. If the sling had been worth a little more I could have racked up some serious points ;)

Haha. I've had that happen before too. Maybe if you left it going for a couple days it'd add up in normal play. This is why I love glitches... Reminds me of back in the day where sometimes you could grind a rail forever on Tony hawk, or Matt hoffman's pro bmx.

Back on subject, I'm really just not feeling this tourney. Usually I have fun with them but I'm finally to the point where I'm agreeing with you guys about changing up the rules. Mainly just because I've got crap to do. So I'm all for the certain amount of plays and done. Never thought I'd say that, but just saying a change would be nice. And I like a lot of the suggestions I've heard. I'd even be fine with 20 plays each, but make it 6 tables instead of 8. Or even 4, or 5 tables. That way we might actually have to practice outside of the tourney, and make it count when the time comes

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
It's really too bad about the scoring in this one. I like the idea that switch3flip had of a blind tourney. Not knowing where you stand against everyone might keep you from grinding out a better score than the person ahead of you. Or of coarse your last score stands. That'll make you think twice before hitting the start button again.
Happy Canada Day to all the Canucks out there!!!

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013
I was just looking at the gold standings and was going to ask who this guy was. I hate to start all that cheating stuff we had before, but those scores seem a little suspicious.

Yeah, and they all posted really quickly. I don't want to accuse anyone of cheating, but the disparity between top scores by CB and the #2 score is insane. I doubt some of those scores are even possible within 20 minutes on I some of those tables. Maybe that is the hack..play as long as you like?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I definitely like the idea of a limited number of attempts (or you have a set time limit you can play a single table, such as 24 hours) as well as blind leaderboards, that way people are not quitting once they get the lead. They quit once they feel they have a good score.

MattyLadd

Jul 1, 2015
Has anyone else noticed that Black Hole is not giving extra balls in the tournament? Works fine if you play from "my tables".

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Has anyone else noticed that Black Hole is not giving extra balls in the tournament? Works fine if you play from "my tables".

Same as the last time BH was in a tourny.
Who needs extra balls on BH anyway? :rolleyes:
(I drain me first ball on purpose after 10 minutes or so)

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012

I think this might be due to the very first tournaments two years ago where they had separate BH and TotAN versions for tournament with no extra balls on BH and fixed bazaar rewards for TOTAN. I don't think they've made separate tournament rules for tables since then, but they might still be using those ones for at least black hole.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Yeah, and they all posted really quickly. I don't want to accuse anyone of cheating, but the disparity between top scores by CB and the #2 score is insane. I doubt some of those scores are even possible within 20 minutes on I some of those tables. Maybe that is the hack..play as long as you like?

Could be, but I dont think so.
If I would hack the system I would start finding out the HTTP post/request the app is making to the FS server when posting a score, and try changing this. So posting a score is just a URL. Just change the parameters.

Anyway, this really sucks. This cheater most likely already cheated through bronze and silver. And FS didnt do anything. Real people have been denied from moving to the next tier. And also real people have been degraded to a previous tier because of this.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Whats the tournament trick on No Good Gofers? I played multiple games, all for the full 20 minutes, but all scores around 110M. How to get over 200M in 20 minutes?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Whats the tournament trick on No Good Gofers? I played multiple games, all for the full 20 minutes, but all scores around 110M. How to get over 200M in 20 minutes?

I second this for Red and Ted. I gave up trying to score. Funny about TOTAN, I think I had HAREM MB once or twice ever, I think I got it on every attempt this tournament, about 5-6 times. ANd I also agree with BH and the EB, don't need them.

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
Could be, but I dont think so.
If I would hack the system I would start finding out the HTTP post/request the app is making to the FS server when posting a score, and try changing this. So posting a score is just a URL. Just change the parameters.

Anyway, this really sucks. This cheater most likely already cheated through bronze and silver. And FS didnt do anything. Real people have been denied from moving to the next tier. And also real people have been degraded to a previous tier because of this.

Tell me it's not Failsight, that guy is why I came in 12th instead of something like 5th in the last one to make Silver.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.