Most Wanted Feature? Dream with me...

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
FlippyFloppys list on page 3 looks awesome!

Until Oculus Rift is released I would very much like to see a camera editor for each table and that the camera chosen for specific tables are saved. Including area specific camera; when ball enters area do this and that and so fast etc.
Camera speed adjustment. If the camera is set up to move it needs to be faster on some tables.

More statistics as mentioned. Platform specific leaderboards, or you choose what devices to include.

A new flipper emulation. Tap passes, slower fall back, different motors for tables? Haven't played enough to notice but is the flipper strength different between tables and between upper/lower flippers?

High rez backglass :)
Possible having a window showing the backglass instead of HUD (especially with player adjusted camera one could make space for it oneself even in portrait mode).

I play in portrait mode and often feel that I play better when I have a lower view angle, but all those on 16/9 makes the outlanes outside camera view.

As mentioned, tournament mode with own leaderboard or tournament specific board.

Keep up the good work :)

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
I would like to see an opportunity to invite other players to a face to face competition on an selected table or a set of specific tables.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I think looking at the plastics on all tables and platforms and improving transparency where it's needed.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
I'd really like some more flipper sounds (listen to the quality of the flipper sounds on the Ultra Pro Pinball game, or T2 on visual pinball as an example) - I'm sure the flipper sound hasn't changed since the PHOF days.

Also the ability to switch on ball reflection on Android devices with the power to support it.

Last edited:

Kevin Cockerill

Dec 25, 2012
I would love some kind of digital collection book for the artwork/flyers for the tables, you could then see which ones are needed and look forward to adding more to it.. It would be great to browse through and having them all in one place would make it feel more personal to you, plus it would I am sure it would help TPA sell more tables as people would want to own all the artwork available. Actually come to think of it this would make for a great 'Top Trump' set - classic pinball collection. Not sure if you guys in USA Top Trumps but it's a set of cards with pictures and stats and you try to beat your opponents stats and claim their card.. Good fun.

The other item I would love to see is the ability to view a video in the table menu that shows the making of that pinball i.e how the license was secured, a time lapse video of the deconstruction of physical table, and general process from physical to digital. I know there are links and videos etc on the facebook and other sites but to have it to hand for that particular table would be great...

Also a sound byte bank! Where you can go to create your own playlist of your favourite table music etc..

Cheers for listening and can't wait for TAF...!

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Definitely a customizable camera view "5" once we get DX11 on the PC is my #1 want. The game really is very inconsistent in its portrait views on PC.

After that official Oculus Rift support @ retail launch of the Oculus.. I think they should be working with the developer of Oculus to have TPA bundled with the Oculus for free"one table steam code etc" in the retail package.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I'd like to see a 20 minute time limit tournement where nudging is disabled. Let's find out which of the top top players are the most skilled and which are just the top nudgers. Might be interesting.

I'm not near the top of anything, but I'd curious to see the results.

That's a great idea!!!!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'd really like some more flipper sounds (listen to the quality of the flipper sounds on the Ultra Pro Pinball game, or T2 on visual pinball as an example) - I'm sure the flipper sound hasn't changed since the PHOF days.

Also the ability to switch on ball reflection on Android devices with the power to support it.
I raised the point in #BlahCade 14 that we need EM flipper sounds (and strength). Central Park and Big Shot lose their charm without the "thwack hummmmm" of an EM solenoid.

The same goes for early SS compared to DMD era pins. They are different sounding beasts.

On Android, the flipper sounds are an .ogg file in the general sound pool. This is so the flipper sounds suffer next to zero delay. That means that this sound file applies to all flipper sounds in the game.

What needs to happen from a technical standpoint is to have a number of flipper sound samples from each era in the general sound pool, and call them depending on which table is being played. A quick change to the code for each table would allow this modification.

/me sends a RFE to support@pinballarcade.com

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Ref improved flipper sounds Jaredmorgs;

Very informative! Glad I'm not the only one who wants this, and hopefully a quick fix for them to record some more sounds with all the different styles of machines they have at Big Bear

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
How about just "An update that doesn't screw up my whole systems every time it's released?" Even after a de/re there are still tables that don't work correctly after re-download all 54 or 55 whatever were up to now. Uggghhhh

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Good point!! On some tables it's a total necessity but there are a few that might work?

It would certainly make the games last as long as in real life.

But yeah... it is too easy on TPA. mainly because instead of shifting a huge mechanical beast, you're flicking an analogue stick.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts