Most Wanted Feature? Dream with me...

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Specific to PS3/PS4 version and PSN, but it is possible to show which table a friend is currently playing on?

psn-friends-tpa.jpg

Some games on PS3/PS4 display the level or the mode played with the game's name. I don't know if it requires a lot of work to implement.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
PAPA Style Pinball difficulty settings.
Tuning changes: Outlane post
More kick out variation
Less rubber bounce
No extra balls.
Separate leaderboard
Maybe three difficulty settings.
(prefer the pro tournament mode suggestion)
Nudging/tilt sensitivity
(Less nudge and a more sensitive tilt meter)

The ability to create a user league that allow rules to be set by a "Commissioner"
League points
5 minute high score races.
Public/private tournaments
timed/difficulty/number of balls.

Head to Head mode / Multiplayer.
Online Co--op play with option to voice chat

Statistics Menu: Time played
Number of times played
Average score
Ect

Fix known bugs: Remolding of Toys such as Monster Bash
Improved pinball flyers.
Beating a local high score in tournament to apply the high score to the local high scores.
Rom emulate non emulated tables.
HOF points on all platforms.
Higher res playfield textures
Better sound quality
The ability to view table instructions while the game is paused.
Move goal completed text from the flippers
Art pass on season 1 and early season 2 tables.
remove zfighting (texture flickering) on some tables decals in portrait mode (Cab support)

New Ui
Better Notifications for new tables/updated.
Dark/Bright environment option for lower end platforms/devices. Or a Slider.
Arcade ambiance sounds in the background while playing a table or Owned music
Having the ability to post high scores that are made while offline. (Available on XB1)
TATE mode to support portrait mode on platforms.
Table editor.
Full support for Oculus rift.
High Scores accessible while playing in game.
Enhanced History Sections with prototype picture/behind the scenes pictures background. (maybe from the promo videos)
Exclusive room themes based on the table.
Favorite Tables Category to eliminate searching through 50 tables or organize the library by the most played tables.
Ability to toggle on/off goal completed text
Ability to see Standard and Wizard Goals.

Adjust HUD location elements that clutter some tables such as taxi ball count.
The ability to remove the HUD in attract mode (Like circus Voltair)
Ability to move the locations of the Hud elements.

Controls:
Multi-controller support where applicable.
Subtle nudging along with heavy nudging.
Tuning Changes: Depending up where touched would determine strength of nudge.
Accelerators that would adjust to subtle/hard nudge.
Adjustable camera settings or consistent camera angles across all tables.
Tricks tuning: Ability to drop/live catch
Ball Spin
Ball Bounce

PC/Mac:
DX 11.
Cab support
Movable DMD and a Back glass for Cab Support
support pindmd2 for dmd/alpha num output
support vpin controller

Android:
Cloud backup
Leaderboards
Achievements
Better nudging controls
Allowing to save tables to the eternal SD Card

Mobile:
Option to have ipad full screen with a paired Iphone as a DMD.

PS4:
Ability to transfer save data from PS3 to PS4.
Analog stick doesn't work for menu selections.
Doesn't back out of all menus.
Touch Pad menu selections.

Heres a list i've put together after going through the forums. I'm sure I haven't recorded everything so If anyone wants to add on more, please do.

Is that it? ;)

IMO, less flipper rubber bounce would go a long way toward improving realism.

I'd like to add the ability to achieve Wizard Goals even if all Standard Goals haven't been completed.

As far as camera angles go, I'd be quite happy with simply adding an additional fixed angle to each table to give 5 total camera angles(low, med-low, med, med-high, high).

I'd also love to see the Vita used as a controller and DMD with a paired PS3/4.
Edit: I just checked into it, it's called Second Screen.

Fantastic list!

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Controls:
Adjustable camera settings or consistent camera angles across all tables.

If anyone wants to add on more, please do.
If adjustable camera ever happens, make it so that it can be saved as a setting for each table. If consistent camera across tables ever happens, make it so that it can be saved as a setting for each table. But before this make the camera so that it can be saved as a setting for each table.
And this http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/8412-One-more-touch-scheme-for-portrait

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Flippy, that's a fantastic list you compiled. The only two other things I'd love to see added are:

- Dynamic table challenges that pick random tables and random scores to beat (maybe based on some multiple between 1/6 and 6 times the #100 score of the weekly leaderboard). Never the same challenge twice.

- A small indicator next to the HUD that shows what percentage your score is of some goal (either last game played, a local high score, a leaderboard score, a challenge score, or whatever you set).

All-in-all, though, it's a terrific list. Glad you'll be presenting it.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Flippy, thank you giving this forum a voice on the matter. I would really like more EM tables added. I feel there is a small tho extremely vocal minority against more, but mainly the tables may be too old for many players to have seen (my self included). Many of of us on here want a blast from the past! If you read this, do you like EMs? If so whats your favorite?

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Definitely head to head multiplayer, as well as just multiplayer challenger stuff. Zen despite its many faults does that stuff really well. The popups about the next guy on your friends list to beat might be a bit distracting in TPA for some people, but as an option you can turn on or off it'd be really cool. It adds a little excitement and pressure to the playing.

When TPA was first announced, this was the feature I realized right away would be missing but I was hoping it might be implemented later. In fact I posted a couple of times about it on Facebook hoping to grab Farsight's attention (this was years ago now of course).

It may not sound like a big deal, but I've always wanted to be able to look at the back box during live play. To me this helps with the immersion and simulates the real arcade experience better. For some tables I'd rather turn off the separate displayed score and be able to look at it on the back box. The developer of Future Pinball put this feature in and I love it, I've got this option mapped to my R3 button.

Apr 8, 2012
That would be cool, but constantly staring down with a weight attached to your head will not stay comfy for long.

I have tried the Oculus Rift and it is very light. It does not feel like a weight attached to your head. Also, when playing real pinball (the experience you would come very close to with the Rift) you are constantly moving your head to change your viewing angle, unlike TPA where you sit staring straight ahead at the screen (console versions, obviously). Oculus Rift support is definitely my most wanted feature as well.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd like to see a tap pass zone on touch devices. I never use the nudge that is currently in that area. Just make it partially activate the flipper at a quick 3% power or whatever is needed to make a tap pass.

15169042699_9a1f768e3a.jpg

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I had read on the TPA Facebook page when someone was asking about the lack of trophy support for the PS 4 that Farsight was thinking of having 1 trophy with the release of the Season pass for having a top 5 score in each of the tables in the Season. (The Pinball Arcade We will be implementing more across the board trophies like "Get a top 5 score on all season 3 tables".
Like · 1 · August 29 at 5:36pm) Rather than that, I would rather see them bring back something like The Williams Challenge that was in The Pinball Hall of Fame - The Williams Collection.

Have 1 trophy/achievement awarded for completing a Challenge for each Season. As with The Williams Challenge, have it where you have to beat a set score on all of the 10 tables available for that Season, in one run, with only 3 chances per table to beat that table's set score.

Man that Williams Challenge was addicting.

Edit - I do see now that they do have the Challenges available for the Ipad, sooo I guess list my request for the Season Challenge Trophy/Achievement for the Playstation / XBOX systems.

Last edited:

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Even though they have technically reached they're limit with the PS 3/Vita, they still haven't reached that limit yet on the PS 4 with the Season 2 delay. They still have an opportunity to change the way to an "across the board" trophy for the seasons rather than trophies for individual tables. We'll see what happens.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Here's a suggestion: we now have the DMD image mapped directly onto the machine, in fact only the first few tables didn't. When we go to a video mode, why not pan the camera upwards to the backbox? You'll get a much fuller view of the video mode, rather than the little box in the corner.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Here's a suggestion: we now have the DMD image mapped directly onto the machine, in fact only the first few tables didn't. When we go to a video mode, why not pan the camera upwards to the backbox? You'll get a much fuller view of the video mode, rather than the little box in the corner.

Yep, good idea.

But on PS3, some DMDs on the backglass don't work (no display, or freeze screen). Can't remember on which tables.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yep, good idea.

But on PS3, some DMDs on the backglass don't work (no display, or freeze screen). Can't remember on which tables.

It's only the very oldest tables. I doubt FS would go back and edit all the tables to include it, but it would be a nice feature going forward.

Fredrik Lundholm

Oct 4, 2014
After seeing video of a color DMD for Medieval Madness, playing monochrome is not the same thing.
A way to pair the nintendo controllers to a PC?
Better plunger control, visuals, now even Williams Pinball Classics has better "launch" control. A way to better control the plunger with the keyboard. In real life you can increase and decrease force. Space bar just pulls harder and harder.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
To get fine plunger control on a PC, click and drag downward with the mouse. No it's not on the keyboard, but who would ever have a keyboard and not a mouse? :) (Or at least a laptop trackpad.)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
...or use a controller. I use a wireless XBox360 controller; ymmv. I don't actually know what other controllers are supported; I do know that the 360 controller was detected automatically by the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts