My console resets randomly to PS3-menue

karsten75uhl

May 11, 2014
hi guys! my playstation 3 (fat-lady-model) resets randomly to the playstation-menue when playing tpa for about 2 hours or so. I played the game A LOT for the last 3 years now - it NEVER happened before!

the day before yesterday the problem occured while playing ST:TNG, yesterday TOM kicked me back to the menue :(

did this happen to you before? I wonder if the whole thing is a soft- or a hardwareproblem. I played ZEN today - guess what? everything worked just fine ...

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I'm pretty sure there was something fishy going on server-side the past day or 2. I've been playing lots of TPA on my PS3 for the past couple months with no problems. Two days ago however I was playing and I kept getting the "you've been disconnected from the PS network" message and then the game dropped to the PS3 menu. Never happened before. It also didn't happen yesterday when I played a few rounds so whatever the issue was may have been fixed already...

karsten75uhl

May 11, 2014
Just played a few games - no problems. you might be right ;) btw: no connection to the leaderboard for a couple of days ... still doesn't work anyway.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I was having trouble this morning with the leader boards not working and getting signed out of PSN.

Now TPA is in full crash mode on the PS3.

Emailed support@farsightstudios.com and hopefully this gets fixed quickly because the TOTM is in a week.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
It's more than a little annoying that server issues can basically nerf a game totally. I mean obviously if there's issues with the servers it's going to affect online play and leaderboards but it would be nice if the game would at least remain playable offline...since...you know, we pay for it and all.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I suspect it's an issue with the PS Network rather than TPA itself. I was just browsing in the store and the system crashed hard. Didn't even get back to the main menu. Just went black screen and I had to shut down and reboot...

invitro

May 4, 2012
I suspect it's an issue with the PS Network rather than TPA itself. I was just browsing in the store and the system crashed hard. Didn't even get back to the main menu. Just went black screen and I had to shut down and reboot...

No, it's the Farsight servers... lots of people on various platforms, including me, are reporting crashes:

on iOS:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/11323-Crashing?p=236036#post236036

on PS3:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ets-randomly-to-PS3-menue?p=236037#post236037

on PC/Steam:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/11324-PC-Steam-version-crashing

on android, others:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/11308-Server-down-03-13-2016?p=236030#post236030

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
I just tested and I am still experiencing issues. Leaderboards aren't loading for me yet, and after about a minute or less I get disconnected from PSN with Error Code 8002AD37.

This has been happening since around Tuesday or Wednesday. Since I remember it was working fine on Monday, that's when I purchased and played the Season 4 tables.

The Digital Man

Nov 21, 2014

I noticed a reset this morning, I had Dracula idling after a particularly bad game. I went to do a few chores and after 15 minutes or so, I saw that TPA had quit. My leaderboard has been screwy for a fortnight at least. On the upside to counter my usual negative crabbing with a positive, I did however complete the F-14 wizard goals

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I noticed a reset this morning, I had Dracula idling after a particularly bad game. I went to do a few chores and after 15 minutes or so, I saw that TPA had quit. My leaderboard has been screwy for a fortnight at least. On the upside to counter my usual negative crabbing with a positive, I did however complete the F-14 wizard goals

I thought there was a bug where the launch bonus goal didn't register. Is it working on PS3?

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I completed an old goal and received the trophy while all this mess was going on. Looks like it's still going on, by the messages I'm reading here. Meanwhile the official Twitter account has nothing more to say to their customers than retweeting some BlahCade stuff, and the Facebook page still has that charity on. I mean, this has been going on for days and not a peep out of SF or even an apology?

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
Just checked on mine and yes, still showing signs of the same problem(says I need to log in for tournament, and no leaderboards). I didn't play to see if the Disconnect of Death still occurs because, well, it's just too damn annoying.

The leaderboards have been down for me pretty much since the end of the last tournament, but I don't recall getting stuck after it disconnects until the last couple days. It also never used to be an issue if you did get disconnected, I'd just hit cancel and it would go away and log back in later. But now you can't even cancel it as it just goes right back to the same menu until it finally reconnects, and then only lasts another minute or so.

I've personally had issues with the PSN store for ages, randomly kicking me out to XMB or just plain hanging up -- last few weeks it crashes 100% of the time when I look at a screenshot. I'm sure that whatever causes that is a completely different issue. I've also not experienced any other problems when doing anything other than playing TPA.

So for now I guess if I want to play I'll just have to disable the internet connection, not that I really need the leaderboards anyway since I'm rubbish. :)

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Just checked on mine and yes, still showing signs of the same problem(says I need to log in for tournament, and no leaderboards). I didn't play to see if the Disconnect of Death still occurs because, well, it's just too damn annoying.

The leaderboards have been down for me pretty much since the end of the last tournament, but I don't recall getting stuck after it disconnects until the last couple days. It also never used to be an issue if you did get disconnected, I'd just hit cancel and it would go away and log back in later. But now you can't even cancel it as it just goes right back to the same menu until it finally reconnects, and then only lasts another minute or so.

I've personally had issues with the PSN store for ages, randomly kicking me out to XMB or just plain hanging up -- last few weeks it crashes 100% of the time when I look at a screenshot...

yup had that happen to me two nights back. Clicked on a screen shot and she locked up hard. Think I had to reboot the PS3 actually...

And yes, I was still having issues in TPA last night too. One CTD as well...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.