Name that game.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think the GnR pin is solid. I don't love it, but it's above average. My wife loves the pin. GnR is one of her favorite bands, so that may be influencing her judgement. She also beats me every time we play it.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I think the GnR pin is solid. I don't love it, but it's above average. My wife loves the pin. GnR is one of her favorite bands, so that may be influencing her judgement. She also beats me every time we play it.

That's why you don't love it ! :D
(the pin. not your wife)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Oh yeah, definitely play it if you see it. It's fun. But as far as Data East music pins go, I prefer Tommy. Tommy isn't as good a license and the music isn't as good (IMO), but Tommy is the better playing pin to me.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm a GnR fan, and back in the early 90's was a HUGE GnR fan. But the pin just never did it for me. The only place I saw it was an arcade with 14 pins in, and GnR was always busy and even when it wasn't there was always another table I wanted to play (usually Corvette). I mean I played it a few times but it just didn't work out between us....

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Eldaaaar! Of Suburbiaaaaa! Gets Guns 'un Roses.

Here's one that TPA fans miss but FS doesn't seem to.
1980-01-01000741_zpsf1a02405.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Astrologic
Movie prop from "Tilt"

Fungi, where did you bump into this one? More than a bit jealous you got to play it.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm actually confounded by your ability to identify these. You're google-fu is way above mine Kolchak. But to answer your question.

All theses shots were taken at California Extreme last year. Affectionately referred to as CAX. Coincidentally, it'll be happening again next weekend. 7/12 - 7/13.

Also coincidentally, the last photo I have for this game will be put up on 7/12. I've been pondering about whether to take more pics to continue this, or to just enjoy the day unburdened by my need to take photos.

Btw, I remember playing Astrologic. It really wasn't a complete game and had some quirks that truly would never make it into the real world. There was somebody that would stand next to it all day and tell you what you need to do and what targets you're supposed to hit. He may have been the owner. Yeah, he probably was.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I look forward to hearing about this year' trip to CAX. It always interesting to hear what's there and people's impressions of pins they have played for the first time. The odd ball pins really make it special.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I'm actually confounded by your ability to identify these. You're google-fu is way above mine Kolchak. But to answer your question.

All theses shots were taken at California Extreme last year. Affectionately referred to as CAX. Coincidentally, it'll be happening again next weekend. 7/12 - 7/13.

Also coincidentally, the last photo I have for this game will be put up on 7/12. I've been pondering about whether to take more pics to continue this, or to just enjoy the day unburdened by my need to take photos.

Btw, I remember playing Astrologic. It really wasn't a complete game and had some quirks that truly would never make it into the real world. There was somebody that would stand next to it all day and tell you what you need to do and what targets you're supposed to hit. He may have been the owner. Yeah, he probably was.

I'm going to the UK Pinball Party next month, so I could potentially continue the game. Thought Pinball News always posts a list of all the games that were at the party, so there's a cheatsheet...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.