NBA Playoffs

invitro

May 4, 2012
The regular season is over, and it's playoff time. Well it's been playoff time for two weeks and Round 1 has only one more game. Anyway.

I'm playing the NBA playoff fantasy game at http://www.nba.com/drive/desktop.html if anyone wants to talk picks.

I don't have a strong favorite or non-favorite, as long as the evil Lakers don't make the NBA Finals I'm good. I've been a Spurs fan for a long time, but they've won more than enough and I won't mind too much even if the Clippers keep them out of Round 2.

It's been an outstanding NBA season and a fine playoffs so far!

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Plebeians like it !
Disappointing game tonight (Hawks vs. Nets).
I really hope for a Wizards vs. Warriors final.
Not really sure about Washington though.

invitro

May 4, 2012
It's okay to not like the Lakers. I reserve my hate for Celtics fans. Because, #80'sRivalry

I liked the 1980s Lakers. I liked the 1980s Celtics more, though. My problem is with the Kobe Lakers, mainly because of the titles that the crooked refs gave them (see 2002 vs Sacramento), and partially due to overpraise of Kobe. I love Shaq and Pau. Thankfully the Lakers are harmless now, but it won't be long before the league & refs start handing them titles again :( :).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The league wishes they could hand the Lakers a playoff berth...good for ratings. Spurs? Boring. Curious actually to see what the numbers are for tonight's game. Nobody here in LA is even talking much about it, and yet clearly it is the best match-up of the first round. All the local sports radio shows are all about the fight tonight.

I love Kobe, thought Shaq was a big baby. That's not to say I didn't like Shaq, but when it all went down, I was team Kobe. I wish Pau nothing but the best of luck with Chicago, but he was useless those last 2 years with us after the botched by David Stern (with the help of Dan Gilbert) trade of Chris Paul.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
I'd never have thought I'd say that but I want the Spurs to win. Just to see Ballmer's head explode... ;)

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
What an awesome game.
Great teams. Great game.
I feel a bit sorry for my homeboys (TP & Diaw) :) but I hope they can now focus on the European Championship this summer.
And maybe we will win again !

invitro

May 4, 2012
Why are there no games on Thursday May 7? That's the only day off until May 16. Is there a boxing fight or something? I ask because apparently there was a boxing fight last Saturday? But it didn't cause the NBA to take a day off. Non-US holiday? I am getting used to a game every night and I am already in withdrawal for Thursday.

And what about three upsets out of four games to start the second round? Will Houston, Atlanta, and/or Cleveland come back? Is Cleveland dead without Love? The Clippos apparently aren't dead without Paul. Will it be a Golden State - Washington final? Or Golden State - Chicago?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
How about Memphis coming up huge? I still can't imagine they will win the series, but they show a lot of toughness.

invitro

May 4, 2012
How about Memphis coming up huge? I still can't imagine they will win the series, but they show a lot of toughness.
Having MIKE CONLEY JUNIOR back was the thing. They massacred Portland when Conley played, but lost a game to them and won by only 6 at home in the two games he didn't. I will take a risk and suggest that Memphis actually has a chance if Conley plays and is healthy. I think Memphis is my new favorite team (though I don't have any problem with GSW). Now we have to wait until Saturday for game 3... why NBA why?!

Am interested to see how Cleveland and Houston respond tonight. And if the refs get involved to help out LeBron.

invitro

May 4, 2012
And now ALL FOUR series are being led by the underdog! I bet that hasn't happened in a while.

I love Memphis so much, but they gotta win Monday to become the favorite.

I boldly :) predict that Atlanta will come back but the other three underdogs will win.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
une-post.jpg

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
There is a rumor that NBA might move up the finals to June 2 if Warriors and Cavaliers both sweep.

invitro

May 4, 2012
There is a rumor that NBA might move up the finals to June 2 if Warriors and Cavaliers both sweep.

You know, David Stern would've gotten the refs to take care of these unprofitable sweeps, PRONTO. Silver is such a pansy.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I really didn't want LeBron to get to the finals, but I guess I'll have to take satisfaction in the Warriors trouncing on the Cavs.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.