New! An editable TPA scorecard to share online

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Yes, I can access the file on the Virgin Cloud, and display the pdf.

In fact, you should have used the Virgin Media Webspace that is your FTP space.

The main difference between a cloud and a FTP space is that you can access directly the file itself with a FTP. With a cloud, you access the file only via the "cloud software" (i.e. you can't paste in this forum the link to the pdf itself -so you can't display it in google viewer for example-, you can only share the link to the cloud where's the file is stored).
Yeah, it's kind of subtle! ^^

By the way, you have an old version of the scorecard. The most recent is: http://ouazeg.perso.sfr.fr/TPA/TPA_Scorecard_Full_v0.4.pdf

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Ah... so, after many hours, I find the reason I am unable to get the FreshFTP tool I chose, to connect to the Virgin Webspace, is because the Webspace AIN'T THERE!! lol...no! So I get on the blower and Virgin tell me they discontinued Webspace back in May. Yet all the process of registering and creating access to it is still on the Virgin site?! Lots of apologies from VM for wasting my time ; still, not a complete waste, I learnt a little more about FTP.

I much prefer the superior graphic definition when I view your completed scorecards, than that of the image reproduced for mine via the Virgin Cloud. I do have a Google account, so I'll try the Google Drive method ; I presume that is what you have used to display your scorecard from your signature link?

Transferring the scores to the newer scorecard with PDF-Xchange Viewer was a breeze :)

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Ah... so, after many hours, I find the reason I am unable to get the FreshFTP tool I chose, to connect to the Virgin Webspace, is because the Webspace AIN'T THERE!! lol...no! So I get on the blower and Virgin tell me they discontinued Webspace back in May. Yet all the process of registering and creating access to it is still on the Virgin site?! Lots of apologies from VM for wasting my time ; still, not a complete waste, I learnt a little more about FTP.

!! A FTP space is a basic feature that every ISP has to provide to their customers. With my french ISP, I can create 10 email accounts, with each 1Go of FTP space. Weird that a big firm like Virgin discontinued their Webspace service.:confused:

I much prefer the superior graphic definition when I view your completed scorecards, than that of the image reproduced for mine via the Virgin Cloud. I do have a Google account, so I'll try the Google Drive method ; I presume that is what you have used to display your scorecard from your signature link?

That's because the Virgin Cloud uses the pdf.js viewer (the same plugin than the one built-in Firefox). It's light and functionnal, but the display quality is kind of weak.

So, if you use Google Drive, once you have published a file, you have a "Share" button somewhere, that gives a link like this:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/1E6msDpCEqwxlqbk4E96m-X3Lniw-YdFTF4hpLHdgAN8pgXHn_qZecYvCa51w/edit

Just replace in your forum signature the link from Virgin between the BBcode et voilà. And yes, the Goo...eshing the page (1 or 2 times) , it works. ^^

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
!! A FTP space is a basic feature that every ISP has to provide to their customers.
Maybe back around 1998, but web and FTP space is not common at all for ISPs nowadays. They just don't need to with so many other options available. A Dropbox public link is probably the most popular way to share a simple file now.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Maybe back around 1998, but web and FTP space is not common at all for ISPs nowadays.

Except in France! We're stuck in the 20th century!:D

If you want to build a website, all french ISPs provide a FTP feature (for free, with the regular subscription). And some even a MySQL database (mine offers 3 by FTP account).

They just don't need to with so many other options available. A Dropbox public link is probably the most popular way to share a simple file now.

Yeah, right, things change.

Back in time (yes 1998 is the good date), you had to learn how works the web (FTP, HTML, some lines of codes) to only share a (not to big lol) file.

Today, Share button, that's all.

And if you want to build a website, you have plenty of "plug-and-play" (don't know the english words for "clé-en-main") website services.

Last edited:

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
I was already considering the Dropbox that 'vikingerik' has mentioned, because accessing Google Driver is proving difficult for me, as my Google account status is messy.

Seems there are two accounts with exactly the same ntl. email address. Apparently that used to be ok, but not now. Something has changed with the use of ntl email addresses. The Google account/s need to update and can't, unless I follow the procedure they give to remedy the identical ntl email addresses situation. I could do the procedure but don't understand the explanations given of the changes I'd be making. Worried of making any changes, when I don't understand the ramifications of the results? Don't especially want to have a Gmail either, but I wasn't allowed to use the new virgin.com email (that I created last night whilst still in pursuit of Webspace). I did begin the procedure, but it got increasingly puzzling....what data, where....uh?...going to where...what info from where might I lose if I take this option or that.... no, no, no, noooo! ......I ran away screaming.

My usual use of the Google account/s was just to sign in (when that became mandatory) to be able to use Youtube fully. (Forcing YouTube enthusiasts to have to subscribe to Google+, was a disgraceful move). I avoid Google when it's easy to ...like using DDG search engine e.g. ...but it's not easy to 'shop local', if you know what I mean, in this virtual world... I begin to digress somewhat, suffice to say, although it gives a lovely display, Google Drive probably is not for me.

btw, again, 'vikingerik'... it's like he says, for when I asked VM about the Webspace, they quickly started cracking on about their Virgin Cloud.

[Chef was right, don't ever get out of the boat!]

France stuck in the 20th Century ; that's not so bad, me too ;) From this... song to this..! mad song!!! ;-j

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I avoid Google when it's easy to ...like using DDG search engine e.g. ...but it's not easy to 'shop local', if you know what I mean, in this virtual world... I begin to digress somewhat, suffice to say, although it gives a lovely display, Google Drive probably is not for me.

You talk to a converted! I don't have any Google account or any social network profiles. :p

France stuck in the 20th Century ; that's not so bad, me too ;) From this... song to this..! mad song!!! ;-j

+1. The world goes mad with all that network stuff. Always more speed, more data, more f* nonsense.

Look on this forum... people gets mad because bugs are not fixed, or new tables are in late or some Kickstarter can fail... XD (sometimes, it happens to me too :p)

Those were the days where there was no internet... there were pinball tables everywhere!

Last edited:

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
[b
Those were the days where there was no internet... there were pinball tables everywhere!

Indeed.
Those....were....the....days my friend, we thought they'd never end...etc...etc... Yea, there were, in the Cafe's, pubs & clubs.

The tables are semi-underground now. Lots of enthusiasts are restoring and maintaining private collections, that get played at organised league meets and regular events. It's not just hard core pinheads playing either. In the UK at the bigger events, previous non-players are discovering real pinball for the first time at events such as The South Coast Slam, The UK Pinball Party, and in particular the annual Play Expo in Manchester where the newer generations of post-pinball gamers go, many of whom will never have encountered a real pinball machine, or one that's in full working order! The Northern Lights Pinball crew set up 80+ pins there and do a grand job.

Tomorrow I'll be playing the real pins again, at the 1st meet of the new season in one our local leagues. Haven't played a real pin since the beginning of May! I don't usually go that long between games, but I needed to rest up...health stuff.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried the Dropbox. That's where the signature link leads to now. The screen display is much improved over the previous Virgin Cloud link I was using. It's still not up to the quality of what you have linked, but I'm happy with it. It's...bigger Rickenbacker, bigger!! ;-j

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
while I do appreciate the effort, I just don't see myself filling all that. And then updating it.
But something like this should be a part of the game actually. With possibility to export the data.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I've tried the Dropbox. That's where the signature link leads to now. The screen display is much improved over the previous Virgin Cloud link I was using. It's still not up to the quality of what you have linked, but I'm happy with it. It's...bigger Rickenbacker, bigger!! ;-j

Hey, don't worry, be happy, my friend. Actually, I found it's possible to access the pdf itself from Dropbox! The url is not crypted (found it in the HTML source code), and as you can open the PDF without the Dropbox interface, you can use the link in Google Viewer! :cool:

Here's the link:

In full screen:
Code:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/179v5rafg9lpx2f/TPA_Scorecard_Full_v0.4%2520copy.pdf&embedded=true

With thumbnails:
Code:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/179v5rafg9lpx2f/TPA_Scorecard_Full_v0.4%2520copy.pdf

As always, copy the link you want between the BBcode in your forum signature. We finally did it! :cool:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
while I do appreciate the effort, I just don't see myself filling all that. And then updating it.

Yeah, it's tedious the first time, but after that, with the import/export data, it's a breeze. Except if you beat yours highscores every day! :p

For the ranking, it's more to give an overall idea on how you perform on a table or a season. For my part, I update my ranks each two months. In front of the game, with the PC, it takes 2 minutes.

I saw that invitro succeeded to get back data from Farsight's leaderboards (http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...erboard-scores?p=167177&viewfull=1#post167177). If I had the full knowledge to do it, I think it's possible to exploit the .csv data, and fill automatically a HTML/PHP version of the scorecard (via a mysql database, as the player ID would be the unique ID in the database) and then convert it to pdf if needed. But it would require A HUGE amount of work to create all that stuff.

For the moment, I'm thinking to do a spreadsheet version, on which the overview and HOF points fields will be automatically filled (but the highscores, ranks and goals would have still to be manually filled).

But something like this should be a part of the game actually. With possibility to export the data.

Oh yes, the same scorecard in the game itself would make my day. Maybe with the new incoming UI? :dream:

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Except if you beat yours highscores every day! :p
I don't. But going manually through 50+ tables to see if I did improve something somewhere is such a turn off.
I don't know exactly how is it on other platforms but statistics on android is a mess. Except HOF points list (which should be ordered from A-Z) everything else is per table. And the worst thing is that when you are in the table, you can see hiscore and goals but not the HOF points. Just brilliant.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Season 4 scorecard is ready. I will now update it for each new table release. Here's the 0.4.1 version (season 4, table 1)

Note: there's now a tooltip listing the wizard goals for each table.

Here's the blank PDF for all the seasons: link in the first post.

I see some people use the scorecard via dropbox. Glad it's useful to some of you guys!

To open it via Google Viewer for a better display:

- Your dropbox share link will be like this

Code:
[COLOR="#FF0000"]https://www.dropbox.com[/COLOR]/s/hz5uo9aj425gq7z/TPA%20Scorecard%20%28Full%29.pdf?dl=0

- Change the red part by:

Code:
[COLOR="#0000CD"]https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com[/COLOR]/s/hz5uo9aj425gq7z/TPA%20Scorecard%20%28Full%29.pdf?dl=0[COLOR="#0000CD"]&embedded=true[/COLOR]

Last edited:

dwarvenpanzer9

Feb 20, 2014
Just as a heads up, the total wizard goal count is off on the overview page.

At 5 goals per table, and (as of this post) 52 tables, it comes to 260...whereas the top part has 265.

Granted, once Party Zone comes out, the 265 will be right...but I wanted to make you aware of it for when it does come out and you update the pdf :) \m/

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Just as a heads up, the total wizard goal count is off on the overview page.

[...] but I wanted to make you aware of it for when it does come out and you update the pdf :) \m/

oops, yes, good catch, thanks!

The next version (4.2) will be out when I will know the HOF score for Party Zone.

Maybe the spreadsheet version will be ready too (a lot more convenient to fill, as the HOF points and the overview page are automatically filled).

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
New!

At last, I finished the spreadsheet version of the Scorecard (4.2, Party Zone ready):

overview_ods.gif

- The Overview is automatically filled as you fill each season (HOF points per table too). Waaay more convenient!
- I added the average rank (overall and by seasons) and some others statistics.
- As always, there are some tooltips here and there.

It's a .ods file so you will need LibreOffice Calc (installer or portable version ) to open it. You can try to open it with a recent Excel, but I think it won't work (I tried with Excel Starter 2010, it looks good... but the formulas are totally messed up). In Calc, once you have filled the spreadsheet, just clik on "File" > "Export as PDF" et voilà.

I still maintain the PDF Form though.

Here's the blank PDF & ODS file for all the seasons: link in the first post.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Scorecard 4.3 is out (Earthshaker ready, modifications of some HOF scores).

Here's the blank PDF & ODS file for all the seasons: link in the first post.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Scorecard 4.5 is out:

- TAF ready
- Adds Wizard Goals list for the .ods file (tooltips)
- Correction of some wrong HOF scores

Link in the first post.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
NEW! As Farsight kindly provides us now the leaderboards master data, the TPA Scorecard includes now a database with the Top 2000 for each table. So, just enter precisely your ID and all the scorecard will be automatically filled.

Link to the .ods file in the first post.

Scorecard 4.7:

- Jack*Bot ready
- Include leadeboards database - May 10th, 2015

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.