New hotness on iOS & Android: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot is a digital pinball game by Color Monkey.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Thanks for the reply Anders.

It would give a much better feeling of control if they were added.

Could I still suggest, if left / right nudge is implemented - could a touchscreen area be assigned for these inputs (similar to TPA and more recently, Zen).
This would help anyone using a Bluetooth controller and touch mapping.

Thanks again Anders!

Care to explain it in more detail how it works, and why it is the preferred way? Don't have time right now to boot em up and check

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Care to explain it in more detail how it works, and why it is the preferred way? Don't have time right now to boot em up and check

Sure -

TPA has always had two options to nudge, either via 'shake to nudge' or 'nudge via touchscreen'.
Zen has recently just added this function after quite a few forum requests.

During touchscreen nudging:- The screen touch area can be thought of, as split into 2 halves. The lower half (split into a further 2 areas) for left and right flipper respectively, and the upper half (split into 3 areas) for left / up / right nudge respectively.

If playing with a bluetooth control pad...
(I use a PS3 pad via 'Sixaxis' app on an Android tablet https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en)
...you can touchmap the controllers button presses (via the app) to be virtual touch screen presses on the device, allowing you to play games that were not designed to have native controller support like TPA.

If holding a controller you obviously can't 'shake to nudge' the device (you're not holding it), so having the the ability to touch an area of the screen to nudge would allow the controllers buttons to be mapped to this area (via an BT controller app) allowing full control via the controller.

This request wouldn't be classed as the 'preffered way' I guess, due to bluetooth controller players being in the minority. But if nudging ever was added, it would be a much appreciated option, to be able to nudge via a touchscreen press in addition to 'shake to nudge'.

N

netizen

IMG_0083.PNG

Mid-lightup during a full lightup sequence

I had thought it was only on Android that you can see through the Robots head during the lightup sequence, and the crease where the playfield and the cabinet meet is seen through it; this picture shows that it happens on iOS too.

Has no-one ever pointed this out before?

night

May 18, 2012
I had thought it was only on Android that you can see through the Robots head during the lightup sequence, and the crease where the playfield and the cabinet meet is seen through it; this picture shows that it happens on iOS too.

Has no-one ever pointed this out before?

What you see is the reflection of the DMD.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Noo don't add nudging, shake/touchscreen nudging is a pain. : P

Anyway as long as we're saying what additional features we'd like, my #1 would be having the game save my local high score. : )

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Just had a go with the first version with some new sounds in it (i.e. new voice actors), and it was awesome. Some tweaking needed for sure, but it sounds pretty good already. Some sounds will make you smile. We have tried to mix in a little more humor (but also a bit more seriousness at the same time), and I think it works pretty well.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just had a go with the first version with some new sounds in it (i.e. new voice actors), and it was awesome. Some tweaking needed for sure, but it sounds pretty good already. Some sounds will make you smile. We have tried to mix in a little more humor (but also a bit more seriousness at the same time), and I think it works pretty well.

I'm seriously looking forward to the FP1 release. The table is looking better than ever. I compare the table mods done around Rob-o-bot in a similar vein to the P-ROC boards modders are using in existing real life tables.

Retrofitting functionality into an already great product means a potentially greater-er product.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
I'm seriously looking forward to the FP1 release. The table is looking better than ever. I compare the table mods done around Rob-o-bot in a similar vein to the P-ROC boards modders are using in existing real life tables.

Retrofitting functionality into an already great product means a potentially greater-er product.

Awesome!

Will there be an option to play the original release?

Not planned for at the moment. That doesn't mean it will not ever happen, but I don't think that many would be interested in going back once they have tried the new version.

Martin Rusby

Nov 6, 2012
Just started playing this on my Nexus and loving it! Just got on the hi score table with 22 million. Reached the 5th mission but didn't complete it. Doesn't seem to nudge for me at all though.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just started playing this on my Nexus and loving it! Just got on the hi score table with 22 million. Reached the 5th mission but didn't complete it. Doesn't seem to nudge for me at all though.

Nudge up (via shake only) is all that is available.
I would prefer directional nudging too personally. Still good though.

night

May 18, 2012

That's bloody good, Revenge is definitely a tough nut to crack.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
That's more than three times of what I got, although I admittedly haven't played it that much. Good game though.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
i just seen this thread. i looked at it on big monitor but What does this look like on the iPad ? Is the ball tiny like a little BB or is reasonable ? Is there a full screen iPad version. is this one table or are there others in app ? If this is one table and more are coming will there be in app purchase options (i dont want one APP for each table).

night

May 18, 2012
i just seen this thread. i looked at it on big monitor but What does this look like on the iPad ? Is the ball tiny like a little BB or is reasonable ? Is there a full screen iPad version. is this one table or are there others in app ? If this is one table and more are coming will there be in app purchase options (i dont want one APP for each table).

Yeah sure, I have this on my iPad2, very cool game. It will get an update soon. It is just 1 game, and nobody knows if there will be more in the future. Good graphics, sound fx and gameplay, worth the money.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Yeah sure, I have this on my iPad2, very cool game. It will get an update soon. It is just 1 game, and nobody knows if there will be more in the future. Good graphics, sound fx and gameplay, worth the money.
im about sold on it time for an ipad lookie.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Anders did suggest that the next table would be funded using Kickstarter, when I gave him initial feedback on the Android release.

I'm not sure how the Color Monkey team are progressing with that task, however. I believe Feature Pack 1 is consuming most of their time.

I must admit I haven't touched the game for a while, but with the extra scope the FP1 upgrade is rumored to provide it should be worth the wait.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts