New hotness on iOS & Android: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot is a digital pinball game by Color Monkey.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I recommend you put the word pinball in the name of the app like I mentioned one year ago because when searching for pinballl in the playstore, etc. if it comes back in results people don't click on it as they don't know it is a pinball app from the name. Try it... Loads of apps come back which aren't pinball games, and people tend to skip over them if it isn't obvious.

This is really a top table - graphics, sounds, music and design. If you ever do a PC version with portrait view I would pay 30 Euros for it. I got it running on my cabinet in bluestacks but the ball isn't that smooth.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I recommend you put the word pinball in the name of the app like I mentioned one year ago because when searching for pinballl in the playstore, etc. if it comes back in results people don't click on it as they don't know it is a pinball app from the name. Try it... Loads of apps come back which aren't pinball games, and people tend to skip over them if it isn't obvious.

Agreed. I didn't know about the app till a day ago and I collect all the TPA, Zen and ASK tables on IOS.

Btw downloaded the first table. I dig it. Excited to see the new and improved tables.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

This is really a top table - graphics, sounds, music and design. If you ever do a PC version with portrait view I would pay 30 Euros for it. I got it running on my cabinet in bluestacks but the ball isn't that smooth.
[MENTION=340]SilverBalls[/MENTION] is right, [MENTION=1556]Anders[/MENTION]. You need to have the game icon instantly resonate pinball, or the title of the game reflect the game content.

For example, there is so much tripe on Google Play in the Pinball category that folks get complacent when looking at titles to try. I know first hand from my Pinball on Google Play reviews I started this year. Even some app icons that look amazing, do not reflect the quality of the game they sit in front of, which makes folks even more turned-off and wary.

night

May 18, 2012
^
What Jaredmorgs & Silverballs says. We all want this to become a success. The more APC sells, the more likely it will be to see new tables coming our way.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012

The new game will have Pinball in it. Search on Google Play is a bit broken IMHO.

Oh, and glad to hear you like it!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'll ask Nena to have a look at it.

We do this together. Nena do all the coding, we (Color Monkey) do all the table design/sounds/graphics/missions/QC etc, but we take decisions together.

We rather make a highly polished iOS title first and then release a highly polished title on Android later. The option is to release an iOS version and then not focusing on fixing any bugs/making tweaks first but instead start porting it to Android and neglect the already released iOS version. In hindsight, I think we released the Android version too early the last time.

I feel your grief, but it's the reality we live in.
Should I personally follow-up with Nena again about the issues with Rob-o-Bot Android? Still no fix for the performance issues.

If you are talking to them, let them know I'm happy to help them test builds directly, if appropriate (you know me, Anders ).

It's probably too late at this stage to ask for native controller support for the game, but I'll give it a go. The Shield Tablet has a great controller, but it needs native controller or Moga API support implemented.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The new game will have Pinball in it. Search on Google Play is a bit broken IMHO.

Oh, and glad to hear you like it!
Just an update, Anders: I've just participated in a private beta of the original Robobot with the K1 fixes in place. It's playing well again, but I really miss playing with controller buttons.

Man, this game could really benefit from a well-implemented Google Play Services refresh, with leaderboard and achievements.

Heck, it could even be an opportunity to relaunch it with a more descriptive title (maybe Rob-o-bot Pinball) and see what happens.

Reset the leaderboards and start fresh.

/2cents

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just got the update and installed, but...
All the lighted inserts are now corrupted, with flickering horizontal lines. (see pic)
Same corruption can occasionally be seen on zoomed in parts of the playfield as the camera pans. The flasher pane near each sling shows corruption.

Device N7 2012 LP5.0 stock OS rooted

0c77492613f79dd9545705b37a36ea69.jpg

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just got the update and installed, but...
All the lighted inserts are now corrupted, with flickering horizontal lines. (see pic)
Same corruption can occasionally be seen on zoomed in parts of the playfield as the camera pans. The flasher pane near each sling shows corruption.

Device N7 2012 LP5.0 stock OS rooted

0c77492613f79dd9545705b37a36ea69.jpg
Are you noticing dropped sound effects on the ramps? I'm not getting any "pa-tew" noise on the skill shot ramp, nor any effects on the lower left or right ramps.

EDIT: a cache and data clear fixed the sound issue.

I didn't notice the lack of insert text, because I just don't play the game often enough. I was more focused on confirming it ran without chop. 😉

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
No - It's horizontal lines that flicker across the inserts and any flasher panes, not text.
I've sent an email via play store.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
No - It's horizontal lines that flicker across the inserts and any flasher panes, not text.
I've sent an email via play store.
13628467d261f340fea6ae881f0c2815.jpg

This is what I'm seeing on the latest beta. As you can see, there's no corruption. Get Peter Strand to add you to the testing community, I reckon. The more eyes the better.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I've notified Peter of the graphics bugs. Thanks for letting us know!
Peter put me into a small beta group, and it's confirmed as fixed for Tegra 3 devices now. :)

Thanks guys - hopefully we'll someday see APC for Android too.
I still love playing ROB-O-BOT 2 yrs after release, awesome table.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Peter put me into a small beta group, and it's confirmed as fixed for Tegra 3 devices now. :)

Thanks guys - hopefully we'll someday see APC for Android too.
I still love playing ROB-O-BOT 2 yrs after release, awesome table.

Yeah I just talked with him and he says it should be fixed now.

Glad to hear you still like it! Yeah like I said before, it's not impossible to have APC for Android as well, I just don't want to make any promises about it, and our focus right now is the iOS version, which will be out Jan 9th. Then we'll fix any major bugs we find and do tweaking (we have already started on the first update, it tweaks the camera etc).

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
it's not impossible to have APC for Android as well, I just don't want to make any promises about it.

No worries - I understand your position completely.

Thanks again.

I'll guarantee you at least one insta purchase if you do get to port to Android though :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
No worries - I understand your position completely.

Thanks again.

I'll guarantee you at least one insta purchase if you do get to port to Android though :)
Make that two. Heck, I'd even pay again for a Robobot 1.5 reboot with stuff like Google Play Services. You could get really creative with goals with that table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts