New hotness on iOS & Android: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot is a digital pinball game by Color Monkey.

night

May 18, 2012
I noticed a bug. Although I am not sure if it is a bug or done intentional.

The upper flipper does not stay 'up' and stay up in position like that when you hold you left finger on the screen, the main flippers will stay up in position, so that you can hold the ball there and plan a precise shot. But the upper flipper just 'flip' quick and that's it. I hope I explain well this in my crappy english.. Is it a bug or should it be like this? This isn't the case on real tables, and on the TPA tables.

Last edited:

zaino

Dec 1, 2012
Don't know what you guys think, but the physics is way better than TPA.
The table might not be as complex as TZ, but as a developer I suspect Far Sight is not spending much on optimization. Is it the ROM emulation that takes performances? Well if you ask me the whole idea of emulating the Rom, especially if its expensive, is not that smart

Nov 13, 2012

The upper flipper does not stay 'up' and stay up in position like that when you hold you left finger on the screen, the main flippers will stay up in position, so that you can hold the ball there and plan a precise shot. But the upper flipper just 'flip' quick and that's it. I hope I explain well this in my crappy english.. Is it a bug or should it be like this? This isn't the case on real tables, and on the TPA tables.

I'm pretty sure this is intentional.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
night, it's intentional. I find it hard to use, as my timing is always off. The worst is when you miss flipping and it drains down the right side. I think I just need to put more time into the table.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
The theme, look, sounds and physics look awesome. Can't wait for the Android release as my iPod touch has had it. A PC version would be awesome with cab mode of course :). I can see this going far.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012

I'm pretty sure this is intentional.

It's intentional and exists on real tables (not very common though). Initially it stayed up, but it was too easy to hit stuff.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Don't know what you guys think, but the physics is way better than TPA.
The table might not be as complex as TZ, but as a developer I suspect Far Sight is not spending much on optimization. Is it the ROM emulation that takes performances? Well if you ask me the whole idea of emulating the Rom, especially if its expensive, is not that smart

We have a planned Feature Pack 1 which we will start on as soon as Android version is done. It will make the table a bit more complex, but mostly just to make sure there are more things to do besides the missions. Mind you this is our first pinball game and Robobot is sort of a sandbox so we're trying different things. But I guess we got the physics right atleast :p

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
We have a planned Feature Pack 1 which we will start on as soon as Android version is done. It will make the table a bit more complex, but mostly just to make sure there are more things to do besides the missions. Mind you this is our first pinball game and Robobot is sort of a sandbox so we're trying different things. But I guess we got the physics right atleast :p

its a bastard of a game and i love it

every self respecting tpa player on ios(and soon android) should buy this table, its nice people can still come outta nowhereish and still do a triple a pinball title.

i almost comeleted all missions on 1 ball then drained the next 3

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Damn I'm looking forward to the Android version! Hope it plays better on my phone than TPA does, ie. being actually playable.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
It's intentional and exists on real tables (not very common though). Initially it stayed up, but it was too easy to hit stuff.

It only exists on real tables with broken flippers. Flippers have two coils for motion: a high-powered coil (which makes the initial flip) and a low-powered coil (which holds a raised flipper in place). The high-powered coil activates only briefly when you press the flipper button; the low-power coil stays activated as long as you hold the flipper button. A poorly maintained table with a broken low-powered coil exhibits the same behaviour as the upper flipper in Rob-O-Bot. It's not an intentional feature of any real table that I know of.

night

May 18, 2012
A few posts before I gave a suggestion for an extra addition to Rob-o-Bot: a short DMD game. This youtube was posted in another forum section, start watching from 3:00 to 3:15 and this shows how cool a quick DMD-game could be!

Last edited:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Wow, had a really great game and I am now 12th place on the leaderboards! :)
Anyone here managed to defeat the robot twice?

farmerjohn

Jun 16, 2012
Love the table! Great design and graphics.

One question though: Is it intentional that the ball is spinning all the time?
If you trap it, or even before launching it you can see it slightly "rumbling" around
and spinning constantly, at least on my game (iPad 3).

night

May 18, 2012
Love the table! Great design and graphics.

One question though: Is it intentional that the ball is spinning all the time?
If you trap it, or even before launching it you can see it slightly "rumbling" around
and spinning constantly, at least on my game (iPad 3).

Yes, you are correct. iPad2.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.