new layout/update

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
They need to add a small star or something for table goals and wizard goals, once you completed them. I hate to have to click on tables to see if I am missing goals.

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
Meanwhile at Zen Studios..

laughter.jpg

Last edited:

john32303

Oct 13, 2014
the graphics on the balls suck. most of them you cant read on a mobile phone. too many taps to play a game. who cares about changing the balls on the game. that is just dumb. oh yeah forget anything about finding out what goals you have accomplished in a game. there isnt a check mark to let you know u have completed them. i will not supply them with meta data for ratings etc. who cares about what year a game came out. who cares at all. f-ed up the best pinball app.

screw them to the high hills

Pejota

Aug 20, 2012
Is there really no way to download all owned tables at once on iOS? It looks like they took out those buttons.

GET

May 1, 2016
I know farsight is trying their best, but releasing a very buggy UI like this to everyone could annihilate their customers like martians. I mean, there's so many bugs I discovered so far:
1: Tapping one table won't allow you to tap another unless you rotate the iPhone or exit the menu.
2: The DMD on any of those tables are too small, and "TILT" is too big.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Okay so i tried the android app... And i must say, it is horrendous! The music sounds awful with the low bitrate sampling, also it gets annoying with vocals.

Ball colors are missing, the DMD in game gets slightly blocked when finishing a game. I do like the black/grey theme though.

Also, in landscape or portrait the GUI looks stretched, aspect ratio is messed up. The text is too small and button layouts are all wrong.

I'll come back to this game later in the year when this mess is revised.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
It's butt-ugly but functional. Some of the new features are actually really nice to have. I'm playing on iPad and I am greatful that we can now turn off menu and table music on ios.

One problem on iOS that needs to be fixed ASAP: the ball launch button is SUPER TEENY-TINY. Same for the special flipper button of SST.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
I think the 'idea' of the new interface is good, but as it is right now I just can't read the table-titles on my iPhone 6..
Also, when I want to pause a game or switch the tableview it is kind of a hit or miss with these small icons. Everything needs to be in a larger scale, and then it would work well I think.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
I do love that the games are arranged in rows now, thus you don't have to scroll forever to get to the Ms and Ns in the collection (the center of the alphabet).

Plus, when you get a Table/Wizard Goal, it actually tells you WHAT the goal was when you accomplish it! About time that was put in.

But wow, other than that, there are a lot of negatives here...sometimes one button press counts for two, launching you into a game when you just wanted to see what goals (if any) you had left to achieve.

Not to mention the cursor jumping several rows up or down when the rows scroll. Really makes one lose track of what's selected for a few seconds.

I do feel this could have been a great UI, but it was shoved out way too soon. I'm with the other guys and gals here--Farsight, I love your work, but you really should've put more time in to work the kinks out of this thing.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
looks great on PC,change is good as a holiday !!!I`m an old bastard and I don`t mind change,you`ll all get used to it,SMILE !!!:cool:

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
looks great on PC,change is good as a holiday !!!I`m an old bastard and I don`t mind change,you`ll all get used to it,SMILE !!!:cool:

You must be from the future running a version higher than the rest of us. Please tell us it gets better.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
You must be from the future running a version higher than the rest of us. Please tell us it gets better.

Eh, I don't think it's *100% terrible* on PC. There's some functionality improvements (eg random table) and a lot less scrolling.

The changes I care about are mostly refinements of functional bugs. For instance, on mine the resolution scaling is a little off (the version # at the bottom is chopped off). But I have one of a (dual) old-school 4:3 monitors that I imagine nobody tests for these days.

The "modern" trend in UI is minimal, often to the point where quite a bit of functionality is lost. I care more about functionality than pretty, so on that angle I don't mind the "retro" feel. :p

Wikipedia Brown

Apr 2, 2013
i turned down the stupid tommy pinball wizard song and it started playing it again.

That's the thing that's killing me. I was so excited when I saw that they added a Menu Music adjustment, thinking I'd never have to hear that music again. Then the next time I launched the app (iOS), there it was again, in all its overly-compressed glory.

The rest of the UI... I'll admit, I didn't expect it to be so ugly, but I can live with it. That music, though. It's so offensive to the ear, and it makes starting the app an unpleasant experience every time. I don't understand how it's stuck around this long.

The vocals only make it more intrusive. And I like The Who!

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I much prefer the way the the new UI functions. And hopefully it will improve over time. Scrolling through the old UI was getting to be a drag.

You made me curious so I just checked. It takes less than 15 seconds to scroll through every single table on PC. Not long at all.

They should have just added these new filters & functions to the existing presentation. And for those tired of the scrolling also make it so tapping right/left jumps you to the next letter alphabetically. On Adams family and want Dr. Dude? Scroll to it or simply tap right 3 times to jump to the D's etc...

You may not mind it, or somehow even like the way it looks. That's cool.
But it certainly doesn't look great on PC. It looks objectively terrible.

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
Haven't had a chance to play with it much, I'm just royally *%#@(^&@)&%!@ pissed that Apple enabled automatic app updates so the 22 billion I had going on NGG got deleted....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.