New Mobile Tournament for iOS & Android starting 8/15/2014

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013
Congrats to the top ten in gold! All you guys put up some amazing scores like crusty taking White Water with 3.8 billion!

Thanks Dylan - that was a fun tourney and congrats to all as well. Although I'm beginning to think we should just anoint you as the "grandmaster champion" and leave it at that -- time after time you are killing it!

That WW was a real workout. BTW, I did not get 3.8 billion via the 5x playfield with multiball... it wasn't exactly a fun 20 minutes, but it was the way to get the biggest score... you all will have to guess how I did it. ;)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
This is just a guess. Lots and lots of consecutive shots up the ramp, not using the upper flipper and letting it just fall down to the right flipper? I'm just not sure if it tops out at anything, but I know it's starts at 2mil, 3mil, 4mil etc. I could see how that wouldn't be much fun lol

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
Thanks Dylan - that was a fun tourney and congrats to all as well. Although I'm beginning to think we should just anoint you as the "grandmaster champion" and leave it at that -- time after time you are killing it!

That WW was a real workout. BTW, I did not get 3.8 billion via the 5x playfield with multiball... it wasn't exactly a fun 20 minutes, but it was the way to get the biggest score... you all will have to guess how I did it. ;)

Haha thanks man! I think I really only tried this month thanks to watching the papa finals right before the tourney started so I may have been a little inspired.
I can't imagine what would lead to that score. Extort's idea of grinding that left ramp might work in 5x but it tops out at 5 million right? So in 5x it would top out at 25?
I could be wrong as I don't find that ramp a very reliable shot and it looks like any other switch cancels it out.
If that's how you did it then that's a crazy 20 minute workout!

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013
This is just a guess. Lots and lots of consecutive shots up the ramp, not using the upper flipper and letting it just fall down to the right flipper? I'm just not sure if it tops out at anything, but I know it's starts at 2mil, 3mil, 4mil etc. I could see how that wouldn't be much fun lol

Nope. But a good guess...

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I sucked big time......... but I'm glad that White Water was in tourney, that made me to try harder on it and I have to say that although I'm not quite there yet it started to feel like home. :D But I hate timing of releasing the locked balls, no way to shoot all 3 to insanity falls. Question is, do I have to keep them in play or is it enough to just shoot all 3 there but continue the game with 2 of them?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Congrats to Dylan.
Didn't have much time this time around and struggled anyway so nowhere near top spots this time.

For Crysty's white water score I would guess whirlpool multiball, cradle one ball then whirlpool over and over. That sure is tiresome but they payoff gets bigger and bigger. Think I did 5-6 min the most, and mixed that up with some 5x tripple jackpots, twice activated, and some other stuff, like hotfoot and willys jackpot. I still only got 2.5 something billion with 5min to go (then phone died, I had ignored low battery warnings, lol). But definitely riding the whirlpool for top points. But it is torture, takes a lot of long concentration. Well, can be fun sometimes but not this time for me at least.
Kudos to you, Crusty! How long did you hold it together?

Last edited:

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013
Congrats to Dylan.
Didn't have much time this time around and struggled anyway so nowhere near top spots this time.

For Crysty's white water score I would guess whirlpool multiball, cradle one ball then whirlpool over and over. That sure is tiresome but they payoff gets bigger and bigger. Think I did 5-6 min the most, and mixed that up with some 5x tripple jackpots, twice activated, and some other stuff, like hotfoot and willys jackpot. I still only got 2.5 something billion with 5min to go (then phone died, I had ignored low battery warnings, lol). But definitely riding the whirlpool for top points. But it is torture, takes a lot of long concentration. Well, can be fun sometimes but not this time for me at least.
Kudos to you, Crusty! How long did you hold it together?

You nailed it. Right from the first launch, activate the reward by hitting the falls and then right up the middle to activate whirlpool. Cradle one in the left flipper and then right up the middle to keep activating the jackpot. When it spits out, catch it with the right flipper and repeat. The jackpot tops at 53m, but every 6 or so you get a 100m bonus.

I did it for the just about the whole 20 minutes, except every now and then I'd miss a shot and have to recover. That was when it got stressful/exciting.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
You nailed it. Right from the first launch, activate the reward by hitting the falls and then right up the middle to activate whirlpool. Cradle one in the left flipper and then right up the middle to keep activating the jackpot. When it spits out, catch it with the right flipper and repeat. The jackpot tops at 53m, but every 6 or so you get a 100m bonus.

I did it for the just about the whole 20 minutes, except every now and then I'd miss a shot and have to recover. That was when it got stressful/exciting.

Hmm, would think 5x would be more lucrative. I hadn't played this table in awhile, but never found Whirlpool to be point-plentiful. Definitely don't think I could concentrate on it for 20 minutes. I have no idea how he scored 9Mil on BK, I felt like I played the entire game in mulitball and still couldn't crack more than 6mil. But even more frustrating was Black Hole, I don't know what was high, but another game I think I had 7 or 8 MB's and still only had 3.4 mil.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Gold Tournment results:

Thje_Pinball_Arcade_Gold_Tournament_201408_B.jpg

Thje_Pinball_Arcade_Gold_Tournament_201408_B.jpg

Thje_Pinball_Arcade_Gold_Tournament_201408_D.jpg

Thje_Pinball_Arcade_Gold_Tournament_201408_F.jpg

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Hmm, would think 5x would be more lucrative.
hmmm........ but 5x lasts for about 25s only right? And while it is possible to score some huge points the problem I see as the begginer on that table is that you can't activate 5x exactly when you want. OK, you can have everything prepared for huge points and than mess arround very carefully not to hit something and score points before whirpool award is 5x playfield.
Not sure how good that strategy would be in timed game. And boulder garden isn't the safe place to mess around.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Did anyone win the Battle for the Kingdom on MM ?

Anyone managed to start LITZ twice on TZ ? I am able to start it the first time just under 10 minutes. But with playing LITZ and waiting to start playing after it gets me under 10 minutes playing time left. And there is an anoying bug, sometimes the ball does not launch after playing LITZ, also 'calling an attendant' should stop the timer.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
I wonder what would be if you did look forward to BK :)

Haha yeah that score kind of surprised me. The table is so buggy with that 3rd lock never working but I managed to get one good game in.
Strategy wise the table is fairly simple. All you have to do is get your multipliers maxed then get the drops down repeatedly and then start multiball and keep it alive as long as you can.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
Did anyone win the Battle for the Kingdom on MM ?

Anyone managed to start LITZ twice on TZ ? I am able to start it the first time just under 10 minutes. But with playing LITZ and waiting to start playing after it gets me under 10 minutes playing time left. And there is an anoying bug, sometimes the ball does not launch after playing LITZ, also 'calling an attendant' should stop the timer.

Two games of MM and I didn't finish battle either time thanks to having no troll bombs :(
LITZ twice for me and the first one was around the 7 minute mark. Still didn't come near the top score though. I find the more times I mess around with the powerball the more problems the table has like balls stuck and launch problems.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Number 9 in Silver Division, yay.

I only had one game that went 20 minutes, and I was exhausted by the end. I don't know how y'all do it.

I came across a bug in the tournament code. I had a few games terminate immediately after a ball drained during Ball #3 despite multiball (and orher balls) still running. So annoying.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.