New PSN tourney starting on 5/16

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
I ended up 84th in silver. A bit disappointed as I know I had more on several tables, but I did at least manage to finish in the top half of the field this time. I actually didn't realize it was only a week long and was planning on working on it this weekend. I didn't take the time to do more than just idly play a bit for most of the week and much of that time was interrupted with hockey. So it goes.

I think I was just outside the top 40 on Centaur and I didn't even think that score was that impressive, but some of the others that felt like stronger games to me only got me around 100th place. I'm not sure if most people just know quicker ways to score or if I just have more affinity with some tables than others. I wasn't necessarily going for score but just playing how I normally do and trying to do well. Never made it to the time limit either, though I got to around 5 minutes left a couple times.

Probably pretty decent results for me even though I know I could have done a bit better.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Can I just say how much I loved the timed tourney? My attitude for the game was much more relaxed. Previously, I'd spend 45 minutes to an hour on something like MB, only to see my score didn't advance me much, if at all. Then I'd debate if I really wanted to waste that much time trying again. With the 20 minute limit though, I was like, "sure, why not!". Games that I couldn't extend through the full time, like Space Shuttle, I kept coming back to because the top scores weren't ridiculously out of reach. In general, I spent less time with this tournament and had more fun. Win win.

I ended up at only 27th in the Gold level. I never had a good run on Space Shuttle, I stopped playing Harley after one day, and despite me having what I considered good games of AFM, I have no idea how people rack up scores like that so quickly! Anyway, good times.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
I finished 22nd out of 219 participants! Wishing 219 was rounded up to 22, oh well...there's always next time! It was fun! Great Goin' Nuts finish @Tann!

Last edited:

Zincdust

Jun 4, 2012
This was my first tournament, so I was in bronze by default... I ended up being 56th out of four-hundred and some-odd. Not quite high enough to pass to silver, but it still gave me hope for future tournies! :)

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
I agree with the comments about the timed format. I loved it and hope they are all this way in the future.

+1 here, was only my 2nd tourney but the 1st one i really played, marathon games on tables which are not counted in leaderboard was out of question. And this format forces you to change your strategy so it was nice.

Finally won this bronze tourney and my friend Ben finished 2nd, with Tann who won the silver one France did good in small and medium tourney, different story next time i imagine... if i can play it, my only regret here is that it lasts only one week, if it's on holidays u're screwed :/

So IMO keep the timed format, make it 2 weeks, and it would be perfect.

Shadowrider49

May 27, 2012
Great tourney everyone. Ended up 8th in the silver. I finally broke through in Star Trek 587 million but alas the tournament did not post this score. I think I ran out of time. Posted some all time bests on a few of the tables in a 20 minute timed event. Surprised by that. Cannot wait till the next tournament. Cheers everyone.

tritium03

May 19, 2014
Finally won this bronze tourney and my friend Ben finished 2nd, with Tann who won the silver one France did good in small and medium tourney

and another frenchy who finished 4th in the bronze. It was my first tourney and it was so cool. Timed format is a very great idea.

maezun

Jul 21, 2013
Really enjoyed the tournament, the 20min format was great too. Managed to finish 15th in gold, which I'm pretty happy with considering the competition! :D

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I liked the format too. I didn't get to play much because of lack of time, just one or two games on each table was all I had time for, but with the normal format I wouldn't have been able to get through all of the tables. I hope they use this format again for the next tournament and hopefully the PS4 will be caught up and included by then.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I really found myself playing more and checking back often. It was my first tournament(ty_owen), but I made it through to Silver! I also have to say I love the timed aspect. I think it levels the playing field and forces you to maximize your playing time.

I posted my best ever for AFM(eventhough it's one of my all-time favorites, I don't play it all that often), very solid ST:TNG and MB scores, and did pretty well on the other tables. I was on my way to a crappy MB game when I got Monster Bash and Monsters of Rock on my third ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts