New tables?

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Does anyone have an idea when new tables will be out for PS3/Vita? There was no word in the Newsletter, but maybe someone read something on facebook (which I hardly ever read).

So far we're behind 4 tables:

#23: Black Knight 2000
#24: WHO Dunnit
#25: High Speed
#26: Junk Yard

It seems logical to assume that they will be split 23/24 and 25/26 and I was hoping tables 23&24 would hit mid/end of May, but it now looks like mid/end of June?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
This is my predicted schedule:

PSN Table Pack #22 (feat. Black Knight 2000 & WHO dunnit) - June 2014
PSN Table Pack #23 (feat. High-Speed & JunkYard) - August 2014
PSN Table Pack #24 (feat. Lights... Camera... Action! & ?) - October 2014

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

Are you also predicting a return of the two table packs? :D

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Here in the EU, we're still waiting on Black Rose/Fish Tales, so I wouldn't complain too much, otherwise you just look greedy! ;)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Are you also predicting a return of the two table packs? :D

No. I just like to consider the PSN releases their own 2-packs because that is how they are released. Dual release of Fish Tales + Black Rose was last month, consider that PSN Table Pack #21

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'm looking forward to BK2K as much as any table TPA has ever released. Playing it on a smartphone is great and all, but it just doesn't compare.

I'm also hoping we'll see the incremental table patching that iOS and Android get with each pack release. I thought I remember them saying they reached kind of an agreement with Sony to be able to do that.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

Let's not start renumbering them... that will get confusing fast!

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I agree with Espy; just because the DLC Tables are released two at a time, doesn't mean they're suddenly "packs" again as you have to buy them individually. Season 3 does not have Table Packs (unless they slip in Ace High and/or Sorcerer).

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I seem to recall either the FB Rep or the guys from the Twitch Feed saying that PS3/Vita users will get the tables in "2 Packs" because of the waiting we usually have to go through, and because it's easier instead of dickin around with Sony on each single table.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I seem to recall either the FB Rep or the guys from the Twitch Feed saying that PS3/Vita users will get the tables in "2 Packs" because of the waiting we usually have to go through, and because it's easier instead of dickin around with Sony on each single table.

I'm sure it's mostly to save the tens of thousands of dollars that it would cost them in submission fees to Sony for single table submissions.

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Why excited about BK2K???

I'm looking forward to BK2K as much as any table TPA has ever released. Playing it on a smartphone is great and all, but it just doesn't compare.

I'm also hoping we'll see the incremental table patching that iOS and Android get with each pack release. I thought I remember them saying they reached kind of an agreement with Sony to be able to do that.

:confused: Why are you so excited about BK2K, if I may ask? What will be the improvement over the original BK, which IMO is one of the most boring tables in the PA PS3 library?

In truth, I expect to get BK2K only if it comes paired with something I'm looking forward to, like Whodunnit or whatever...

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
:confused: Why are you so excited about BK2K, if I may ask? What will be the improvement over the original BK, which IMO is one of the most boring tables in the PA PS3 library?

In truth, I expect to get BK2K only if it comes paired with something I'm looking forward to, like Whodunnit or whatever...

BK2K is really fun table. Black Knight is in my top ten of best pinball machines ever so I was a little disappointed in FarSight's botched version of it. Black Knight 2000 was a good sequel to the original and I'm really hoping that FarSight does a much better job in bringing it into TPA than that did with the original machine.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

You do realize all tables come as individual packs now, right?

It's just a better table all around, and one of my favorites of all time. It's fast, has great music, and is just fun to play!

Last edited:

mastercontrol65

Feb 8, 2014
Two issues about farsight I think everyone has a right to know....

1-They said when they first started a year ago that they advertised they would be releasing tables EVERY month, not this erratic system that they are currently doing....That could be considered false advertising to a great many people.

2-If they are no longer going to do two table packs like before, then that is just another way to get more money out of us, thus: squeezing blood out of a turnip, so to speak.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

I love "BK2000" because it's worlds better than the original, and much, much more fun. From the better artwork, to the better music, to the better gameplay... it's just a better table. Plus, my local arcade has the real table, so It's pretty neat to own the actual table.

You do realize all tables come as individual packs now, right?

From what I read, it's my understanding that Farsight will start releasing the PS3 tables 2 at a time due to the slow release dates. I could be wrong, though. I'll have to find the comment on the FB page. I know Sony users got the first two tables of Season 3 right off the bat.

1-They said when they first started a year ago that they advertised they would be releasing tables EVERY month, not this erratic system that they are currently doing....That could be considered false advertising to a great many people.

2-If they are no longer going to do two table packs like before, then that is just another way to get more money out of us, thus: squeezing blood out of a turnip, so to speak.

1.- As far as I know, a table IS released every month. It may not be for your system, but a majority of that issue is with Sony. I use to be Farsight's biggest pain in the @ss when it came to not getting tables on time... until I actually took the time to talk to them and get the whole story. Trust me, Sony is to blame for a lot of the release date issues. As far as XBOX is concerned, the company can't help people going out of business.

2.- The company has the right to change how they do business, as does every other company. For example, a burger joint can have a yearly special where if you buy one burger, you get another for free. They are under no obligation to keep that special forever and ever. They can change how they do business as they see fit. Again, I'm not a fan of single tables either, but it is what it is. I look at it this way- Who else is putting out all these rare, old awesome tables? Oh yeah, nobody.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

The individual tables for season 3 have all been much more polished and playable. All around, a better product.

A lot of the tables that were included in the first 2 seasons were tables done previously for the Pinball Hall of Fame series. Most of the tables had already been built, so it was easier to release 2 of them at a time.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
From what I read, it's my understanding that Farsight will start releasing the PS3 tables in two pack bundles due to the slow release times. I could be wrong, though. I'll have to find the comment on the FB page. I know Sony users got the first two tables of Season 3 right off the bat.

Two at a time, not as 2 table packs. 2 tables = $10. I'm fine with it, as the tables have been really good so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts