New Timed Tournament for iOS and Android running from April 1 to April 7, 2014

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Today we're proud to announce a new Timed Tournament to iOS and Android! It starts tomorrow, April 1st (no joke!) and will run for one week until April 7th! The tables to be played in the tournament are as follows:

Fish Tales
Black Rose
T2
Champion Pub
Dr. Dude
Harley
Haunted House
Central Park

Get your best pinball games ready!!

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
This is the first time they do not mention start and end time...
And the first time the newest table is not included...

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Not much time this week, but will try to play.
Indeed not much favorites in this tourney. I would not be surprised if it is some kind of joke afterall. A 20 seconds-timed-tournament :rolleyes:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Not much time this week, but will try to play.
Indeed not much favorites in this tourney. I would not be surprised if it is some kind of joke afterall. A 20 seconds-timed-tournament :rolleyes:

I could deal with Harley for 20 seconds. Just enough time to get three multiballs and 10 Mystery Rider call outs. Then again, maybe I will have to do it with the sounds off.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Dr. dude different beheviour... The dude-o-meter resets after every game. That is new in tournament, normally and in previous tournaments the dude-o-meter carried over to the next game.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Dr. dude different beheviour... The dude-o-meter resets after every game. That is new in tournament, normally and in previous tournaments the dude-o-meter carried over to the next game.

That's perfect. Things like progressive jackpots that carry over can really make the scoring unfair, especially when not everyone knows these tricks.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I have a feeling after my scores today I will once again be going for the Bronze in May. I played Harley Davidson, Black Rose and Central Park but definitely played lousy. Dr. Dude and Fish Tales are some of my personal worst scoring tables on my local leader board.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
This tournament is finally heating up with everyone putting up some great scores. Nice to see Crusty back in the mix as well!

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
This is the first tournament I’ve participated in. Went for it this time because (finally!) it was a list of tables I owned. Well, I had to spring for Harley Davidson, but that’s okay because when it was “table of the month” I liked it, but I didn’t like it enough to buy it for no particular reason. I just thought of it as an entry fee.

This tournament thing is fantastic. It almost becomes a totally different experience when you press Start and the ball pops into place above the plunger. Ball one. This is it. The Tournament. The next plunge goes on the scoreboard. The scoreboard. Three balls. Ready, set, go. Hope the ball doesn’t shoot straight down the right hand outline because — well, you know — this is The Tournament. Good luck.

Love it. Didn’t do so well, but the playing experience is enhanced. There should be tournaments going on all the time. Daily, weekly, single table tournaments, random table group tournaments, one-ball-on-Gorgar tournaments! I’m having a bit of a letdown because the tournament is only 8 games! And I choked out so badly on a few of those that it seems like I didn’t hardly get to play at all. And now I have to wait a month or whatever just to play 8 more games? Argh!

Maybe it’s for the best. I burn too much time on Gorgar already.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
This tournament is finally heating up with everyone putting up some great scores. Nice to see Crusty back in the mix as well!

Well played Dylan, I don't know how you can put up these scores under pressure. I'm right behind you on the HoF but in tournaments I don't come close. How often do you break PBs in tournaments?

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
Well played Dylan, I don't know how you can put up these scores under pressure. I'm right behind you on the HoF but in tournaments I don't come close. How often do you break PBs in tournaments?

Thanks Pinetwig :) I tend to thrive under the tournament pressure and yeah that leads to beating my PB's quite often. Kind of a drag not getting those hof points and the odd wizard goal I haven't gotten.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I just wish we had more than 20 minutes to get a full game of Central Park in. I set my high score on the first game and haven't came close since.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Glad to see another tourney. However, I've been kinda out of it for awhile, so even if there had been some kind of notice, I may not have seen it. But is there some way of notifying us a week or two before the next one starts. If its not announced due to hacking, I can understand (not really, but it sounds nicer than WTF...).

Good luck to everyone playing!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Ever since I've tried to register myself in the first place, I haven't been able to log in. Just play as guest. Something about an email malfunction that I never took car of. Oh well, I totally would've done this too. I've got literally 1 minute to get it all taken care of! Woohoo

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013

Thanks Dylan - and congrats again, well-played as always. I have to get better at finding out when these tings start. I only found out about it Friday night which, given my schedule, did not allow for enough time to play as competitively as I would have like to. Oh well, guess I gotta stay on top of FS on FB.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.