New Title Update and DLC Approved?

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
I'm finding the release schedule for consoles to be a bit underwhelming. Another month for Scared Stiff, really?!? Fired up my dusty xbox and it just blew my PS3 game out of the water... nearly forgot how good TPA can be on that platform. I noticed this newsletter made no mention of xbox.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
You PS players are so lucky. You should be nearly caught up by the end of February.

Meanwhile in Xbox land... *tumbleweeds*

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
You PS players are so lucky. You should be nearly caught up by the end of February.

Meanwhile in Xbox land... *tumbleweeds*

You're right. I'd get a PS3 sooner, but the only game I want on it is Pinball Arcade, which is said to be marginal at best. At least on the 360, there's lots of other stuff I like to play and still do.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Here's what they said back around Christmas:

"We were hoping to get Twilight Zone released before the holidays, but it will about a month longer. There are currently 8 different packages for the Pinball Arcade in submission for the PS3 and PSVita versions at SCEA and SCEE. In addition to the Twilight Zone table and the Table Pack that includes Scared Stiff and Big Shot – Sony Format QA is currently testing the Pro Versions of Medieval Madness, Scared Stiff, Tales, and Twilight Zone. The TZ custom ball is also in test.
The scheduled release dates that we currently have from Sony range from January 22, 2013 to February 13, 2013. We’re sorry for the additional wait. The Star Trek:TNG table will be submitted along with the January table pack shortly. Hopefully, the testing cycle will be quicker now that we’re out of the holiday rush."

But they haven't actually stated why its taking such a long time this time. I thought the usual time frame for PSN submissions was 2-3 weeks, but its been like 2-3 months since we've seen a PSN DLC pack?

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
But they haven't actually stated why its taking such a long time this time. I thought the usual time frame for PSN submissions was 2-3 weeks, but its been like 2-3 months since we've seen a PSN DLC pack?

There was a legal dispute (an idiotic one at that) that delayed TZ. Was posted on this forum a while ago so I'm not going to go into the nitty gritty.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
With Table Pack 7 (Big Shot and Scared Stiff), wasn't there some kind of bug that was found in Sony's testing and so they had to pull it and re-submit it? Oh mm like a cross-platform entitlement thing with Vita, I think, and if not for that we'd have had it months ago.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

This waiting game has been a problem for all the consoles. I get frustrated hearing that AFM and "Dr. Dude" are coming soon, but I still can't even play Creature From the Freakin' Black Lagoon.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Ok that explains Twlight Zone but what about the table pack before that??

Well that's the RUB , see? They postponed Scared Stiff and Big Shot so that Twilight Zone was prioritised , as far as I know it's been ready to go for months. But FarSight decided to hold it back so TZ Pinball would go first. When Twilight Zone bugged out , they pushed it back ,then they got scared of being accused of being linked to Twilight the film franchise , but still decided to hold Scared Stiff back.

I'm really sick of the STUPID delays , and I better have Twilight Zone in February , StarTrek TNG in March , and Attack from Mars by April , no more excuses . I've kept every newsletter since #4 and I can track every delay quite well with them .

You'll notice I didn't mention Scared Stiff and Big Shot? I could care less about them , until I get the other 3 tables .

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
What can you really do though? It's sad, but they are determined to screw consoles.

Right, because every business wants fewer customers? I think you're quite mistaken. Pretty sure they'd love to be selling all these packs on PSN right now.

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
I don't think they really want to, but they aren't going all out for sure. They are making business decisions to go for the android/ios platforms and to let the rest lag. It may be a smart business decision for resources, I don't know. But clearly something is going on like that.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The approval process for mobiles is--apparently--much quicker than for the consoles. As has already been mentioned in many other places, the waits for the consoles are due to the console owners--Microsoft insisting on them having an approved 360 publisher, and Sony taking their time putting the stuff that's already been submitted to them by Farsight on PSN, for some reason known only to Sony.

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
Well I guess if we have to have a bad guy, then that's how it is. I assume Sony is probably kinda harsh since they need Vita/PS3. Xbox? I dunno. It seems odd to me that they can't really keep up.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Xbox just needed a publisher to get out the DLC. They normally don't have a problem releasing tables. Heck, at one point they were getting the tables before the PS3 was in the infancy of TPA. It matters not anymore though.

At least we got dates for our tables.

Feb. 5 for Twilight Zone
Feb. 12 for Scared Stiff & Big Shot

I'm super excited for that with Star Trek in submission already. This is going to be good.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I believe that it really is the Sony / MS console submission processes that are the problem here rather than Farsight, primarily because you hear the same thing from other developers like Zen. So the sad truth is that the consoles will probably always lag well behind mobile releases.

Now that I've got an Android phone I can at least demo the new tables there. I could never play seriously on a touch-screen but its good for checking out what the tables are like. ATM and STTNG seem particularly cool, really looking forward to playing those on the PS3 someday.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I believe that it really is the Sony / MS console submission processes that are the problem here rather than Farsight, primarily because you hear the same thing from other developers like Zen. So the sad truth is that the consoles will probably always lag well behind mobile releases.

Now that I've got an Android phone I can at least demo the new tables there. I could never play seriously on a touch-screen but its good for checking out what the tables are like. ATM and STTNG seem particularly cool, really looking forward to playing those on the PS3 someday.

Said it before, I'll say it again. After a game/ add on passes QA it doesn't go live until 3 weeks after the fact. TZ was probably approved last week. Three weeks later, we will all be playing it.

Of course, let us not forget Sony shows favoritism. If TPA was developed by, say, Bethesda or SEGA, additional content would go live almost instantaneously.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Said it before, I'll say it again. After a game/ add on passes QA it doesn't go live until 3 weeks after the fact. TZ was probably approved last week. Three weeks later, we will all be playing it.

Of course, let us not forget Sony shows favoritism. If TPA was developed by, say, Bethesda or SEGA, additional content would go live almost instantaneously.

Bethesda?! I don't know about that one anymore. :p

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012

Joke post?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts