New Tournament on iOS & Android starting 5/9/2014 to 5/16/2014

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Finished all the tables. Really enjoy this tournament thing, but:

ACK! Totally choked on Centaur, where I rarely fail to surpass 3 million. I did a quick warm-up and hit multi-ball on my first ball, loaded up the orbs, hit it again... I quit and quickly jumped into the tournament and choked. Three strikes. Didn't light a single orb. What a rip-off! Performed way above my average on Goin' Nuts, Junkyard and Star Trek, tho. It appears it's better for me to leap into fire with low hopes and no confidence, rather than with the "I own Centaur" attitude.

Echeos

Jun 5, 2013
Forgive the beginner's question but how do the different category of tournaments work? This is my first one and I'm in the bronze tournament but what does this mean? Obviously I understand the difference between bronze, silver and gold, but am I only seeing bronze players' scores and no one else's? It seems like I'm seeing everyone's.

Anyway, it's pretty fun to participate; the tournament sort of focuses your playing which I like. It enhances your experience by narrowing your focus to a few tables, especially ones you might not be over inclined to play. Pretty pleased with my scores too and overall position (just hovering above 80 at the moment) considering I don't have any Season 3 tables and only bought my Season 2 pass mid-week. It's been fun getting to know Centaur, Goin' Nuts and Whirlwind beyond the free score limit.

Had the game of my life tonight on Attack From Mars. It's my favourite table and I just blew my old high score (around 11 billion) out of the water with a 25 billion score. I was this close to getting Rule the Universe for the first time too when I heard voice saying "Hurry up!". I wasn't sure what new mode I'd activated but then I realised time was running out of time. Still, I feel I'll be able to recreate the feat at some stage. But a bummer to be cut-off when you're in the zone like that.

Anyway, if someone could explain how the different category tournaments work I'd be much obliged.

Pause and resume is working for me too. Strange bugs.

Me three (or four?). It only seems to be happening since I updated to the version that includes Junk Yard too (though I haven't purchased it).

nstraz

Mar 19, 2013
Anyway, if someone could explain how the different category tournaments work I'd be much obliged.

Everyone starts at bronze. If you do well, you move up to silver for the next tournament. If you do well again, you move up to gold. If you do poorly, you start moving back down.

Echeos

Jun 5, 2013
Everyone starts at bronze. If you do well, you move up to silver for the next tournament. If you do well again, you move up to gold. If you do poorly, you start moving back down.

So at the moment am I only seeing other bronze players?

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
So at the moment am I only seeing other bronze players?

Yes, you only see players in your level. At the end of the tournament, the top 10% move up one level, (Bronze-> Silver; Silver-> Gold), the bottom 10% move down one level (Gold-> Silver; Silver > Bronze). If you look at the overall results, you'll see a star next to the top 10% in Bronze.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Haven't got to play in a few days and probably not today. Dropping like a rock.

Gold Level Update:
3:11 PM EST:

127 participates

Overall, top 5:
1 dylan_h 728.74
2 Tripple I 669.77
3 Toolinit 668.32
4 switch3flip 631.23
5 pinballchris 630.13

Top scores:
WW: 100,171,480 niliang
HD: 718,307,430 dylan_h
AFM: 49,145,229,570 Blah
STTNG: 18,621,157,150 Tripple I (Wow, Don't know how to get here, I'm sitting at 4B)
Cent: 16,704,180 dylan_h
Nuts: 5,713,350 dylan_h
JY: 129,310,240 dylan_h
HS: 18,197,370 Choppa74

Looks like dylan_h rocking the tourny again!

Overall, I've dropped to #43. #22 All-Time Rank. We'll see how that changes.

Echeos

Jun 5, 2013
Yes, you only see players in your level. At the end of the tournament, the top 10% move up one level, (Bronze-> Silver; Silver-> Gold), the bottom 10% move down one level (Gold-> Silver; Silver > Bronze). If you look at the overall results, you'll see a star next to the top 10% in Bronze.

Thanks, that's a great explanation. Looks like I'll be staying at Bronze for the next tourney. :)

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
Congrats to all the other players who placed in gold. I thought my bad STNG score would prevent me from grabbing this one.
You guys put up a great fight :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Had the game of my life tonight on Attack From Mars. It's my favourite table and I just blew my old high score (around 11 billion) out of the water with a 25 billion score. I was this close to getting Rule the Universe for the first time too when I heard voice saying "Hurry up!". I wasn't sure what new mode I'd activated but then I realised time was running out of time. Still, I feel I'll be able to recreate the feat at some stage. But a bummer to be cut-off when you're in the zone like that.

That happened a few tournaments ago. It's so frustrating!

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
well, #55. At least, I didn't drop out back to bronze.
Don't want to start witch hunt or anything like that, but how realistic is that one guy wins all 8 tables with over 130 points to the 2nd place.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Congrats to all the other players who placed in gold. I thought my bad STNG score would prevent me from grabbing this one.

Congratulations again. Seems you're unbeatable in those tournaments.

Jazza

Aug 19, 2012

Was hoping your Centaur rollover bug would last a little longer so I could at least claim a win on one table haha. Great score you posted though!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yeowch!

Dropped a bit this tournament.

yzuzapyq.jpg

Didn't even post a score on HD, so that is probably why my placing started.

Please FarSight, *do not* put HD and Nuts into a tournament. It's a cruel type of punishment...

RagingBull888

Sep 11, 2013
I wish they had actually promoted this tournament on the menu or something. I was busy that weekend and did not find out about it until only three days left. I'm sure not everyone reads the forums or gets the newsletter. It also sucked that they did it right with the release of the new table.

They should do the tournaments halfway between the release of new tables. That would seem to be an ideal solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.