Next Stern Game is Ford Mustang

karl

May 10, 2012
This could actually be a license that Farsight can afford since Ford is gonna be pushing this thing. What do you guys think. Could this be good? Is it time for a new Car pinball game?

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Doesn't help the software is still too advance for FS to use for TPA hence the lack of modern Sterns.

Edit: Though I am ready for some High Speed tables for TPA. :)

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Copied from: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ership-with-ford-motor-company-234604431.html

MELROSE PARK, Ill., Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's leading maker of real pinball games, proudly announced today the merging of two American icons. Get ready to start your engines and celebrate 50 years of Mustang. The Mustang pinball machine, exclusive to Ford, drops players into the driver's seat of one of the hottest cars on the street. Narrated by professional racing driver, Tanner Foust, this machine sets the tone for a fast paced, white-knuckle game. The game comes equipped with top-of-the-line features including artwork painted by famed Ford GT designer, Camilo Pardo, and the ultimate soundtrack from Sony Music featuring five decades of hits.

"The Mustang is one of the most iconic, American cars ever made," said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. "What better way to celebrate 50 years of Mustang than with the launch of the Ford Mustang pinball game? Everyone at Stern is buzzing with excitement about this launch. From the artwork and game features to the stellar soundtrack, we have created a tribute that will make Mustang and pinball fans worldwide proud."

Mark Bentley, Ford Global Brand Licensing says, "Ford Motor Company is extremely excited to partner with Stern Pinball on this state-of-the-art Mustang pinball machine. Both Stern and Ford are proud American companies with industry leading, iconic brands. Pinball aficionados from around the globe will appreciate the unique blend of Mustang heritage and Stern craftsmanship in this fantastic machine."

The Ford Mustang game continues the Stern Pinball tradition of producing quality pinball machines for young and old. The company traces its lineage to the 1930's in Philadelphia when Sam Stern entered the business of operating pinball games. Sam subsequently became part owner and president of Williams Manufacturing, a pioneer in the pinball industry, and passed his lifelong enthusiasm for the game and the business of pinball to his son, Gary, who founded Stern Pinball. Today pinball remains one of the world's favorite pastimes.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
There was talk of Stern changing up their software. Not sure if that would hurt or help FarSight though.
Could be a cool theme and you know there will be a million mods for that pin since there are so many Mustang toys etc already out there. Buy up the Matchbox versions now and sell them for a profit later. :p

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Painted art sounds great. Still need to hear who is designing the game and what features they will be putting in the table.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
This is probably going to be Trudeau's first game for Stern, which I am excited for. The theme on the other hand does nothing for me. That being said, Stern's market has a lot of middle aged men with disposable incomes, to whom the theme might appeal.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
This is probably going to be Trudeau's first game for Stern, which I am excited for. The theme on the other hand does nothing for me. That being said, Stern's market has a lot of middle aged men with disposable incomes, to whom the theme might appeal.

Yea. Trudeau said at Expo the next game would be his. Hopefully, he's learned how to make a "flow" pin. Not that I have a problem with many of his designs but I could never see his trademarks fitting a sport's car theme.

karl

May 10, 2012
How about making a Porsche version for us Europeans. (just dreaming of course) I know that Ford is marketing the new Mustang heavy in Europe. They have not had any luck selling Mustangs over here before but I bet this helped a lot when deciding to co-promote this campaign. I bet this was a low cost license for Stern but it could also hurt them with sales over here and I have a feeling that Europe is a substantial market for Stern.

Now, if Mr. Trudeau comes up with something special it will sell itself. (maybe, I hope at least)

It is nice however to have a break from superheros with photo-shopped bad movie art and rock pins. (They'll be back soon enough)

Not the biggest John Trudeau fan myself, but it will be interesting to see what he is able to come up with

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
It is nice however to have a break from superheros with photo-shopped bad movie art and rock pins

amen brother. i can't see anyone saying "ooh, i can't wait to have a go on Ford Mustang" anytime soon though, i wonder they they chose such a lame theme. what happened to Muppets? what happened to Stern producing Whoa Nellie Juicy Melons? where is Godzilla? or they could follow JJP down the yellow crap road and do a Sound of Music pin, or Liberace, or a tribute to The Movies of Elizabeth Taylor (featuring the 'i don't *give* a damn' ramp).

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Trudeau is an interesting choice. I've liked some of his pins like Congo, Creature from the Black Lagoon and Judge Dredd. But he already did a car game, Victory, which inspires anything but speed. I hope he departs from the old designs where some event happens while the ball just sits there. I've said it before but Victory is the pinball equivalent to watching paint dry. I would love to see something more along the lines of The Getaway with lots of action and a great sense of speed.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I have to admit, when I saw this it was a very "meh" type reaction for me. The rules and layout will make or break it though.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I hope this is Dr. Flash's first Stern, as I am a big fan of his. As for the theme... I am a "car guy" and a racing fan... but I kinda... hate the Mustang (post 1971). Still, not a Corvette guy either, and I love that pin, so, we'll see.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
George Gomez talks a little about what is coming up from Stern Pinball at CES. Interesting that one of the first things he does is take a dump on virtual pinball. Interesting, hmmm
While at the CES maybe she can pick a microphone bigger than a Tic Tac.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Some women don't like to use larger mics, ya know. Because they can be perceived as if they're talking into....a penis. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.