Staff member
May 8, 2012
There are 2 things you can try

1) open up settings>WiFi>advanced and turn off: Network notification
Ethernet override
Scanning always available
And set keep WiFi on during sleep to 'never'

2) set the wifi to only connect on 2.4 Ghz

I have an old 32 GB LTE Shield tablet that would be intermittently dodgy on wifi but doing both the above has made my wifi rock solid.

The only issues I have now are the problems with Nvidia forcing end users that have an LTE tablet to wait for AT&T to approve firmware updates, and i'm going to need to do a factory reset soon as things as getting a but sluggish since 6. At this rate O will be out before I get N.
Do you use the 4G/lte function?

If not, flash the WiFi-only RoW ROM like I did on my LTE version and kiss any telco bollocks goodbye.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
There are 2 things you can try

1) open up settings>WiFi>advanced and turn off: Network notification
Ethernet override
Scanning always available
And set keep WiFi on during sleep to 'never'

2) set the wifi to only connect on 2.4 Ghz

I think I tried every possible setting, and none of them worked. I tested specifically this setting which works with you - not with my Shield. It seems I don't have an option in WiFi settings any more, to only connect to 2.4 GHz networks. Looks like it vanished with the current Android version.

To be honest, I don't think I should have to fiddle and find out, which is the one WiFi setting on the one WiFi channel that works. I expect to have a device which connects to the WiFi and then stays connected. Just like every other of the dozen devices I have connected to WiFi in my home.

Thanks for your attempt to help anyway, I don't mean to be rude. I am just sick of this stupid Shield tablet :(

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Well, turns out there is a problem between Internet connection - Router - Tablet. I was a bit annoyed, since the tablet ran fine in other WiFis. Although I replaced the router 3 times, it never solved the issue. Today I bought a completely different router, which is not provided by my ISP - and guess what? It works. Nobody will probably ever be able to explain exactly, what was going on, and I'm beyond the point of being interested in it. Just glad it works now.

At least I know it's not really a WiFi problem, since the issue also occured with a different access point within the same network.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Well, turns out there is a problem between Internet connection - Router - Tablet. I was a bit annoyed, since the tablet ran fine in other WiFis. Although I replaced the router 3 times, it never solved the issue. Today I bought a completely different router, which is not provided by my ISP - and guess what? It works. Nobody will probably ever be able to explain exactly, what was going on, and I'm beyond the point of being interested in it. Just glad it works now.

At least I know it's not really a WiFi problem, since the issue also occured with a different access point within the same network.
I did exactly the same thing for the record. Not all routers are equal it seems.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts