Request No Fear Dangerous Sports

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
I would love to see this table in TPA.

I have played this one quite a lot at a couple of pinball shows in the last couple of years and I love the speed of the table, the jump ramp and the way it flows, I also quite enjoyed the music although I like rock music in general so thats probably why that appeals to me and I think the video mode is pretty cool on this table as well.

I know its a Steve Ritchie table so no surprise it plays the way it does and it does remind me a little of BK2000 with the speed of the table but I think it would probably convert well into TPA and with most of the big name DMD tables now already being done I think this one would be a perfect addition maybe in season 5.

Anyone else out there who would like to see this added to TPA?

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
well, not a bad one. But when it comes to such a theme, Radical and Blackwater 100 are better ones.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
well, not a bad one. But when it comes to such a theme, Radical and Blackwater 100 are better ones.

I have never played IRL versions of either table. Radical looks good from a video standpoint though. But I've played a lot of No Fear back in the day and would rather see that one in TPA. If TPA makes it to season 6, who knows? We may see all three tables at some time. If we make it to season 7, I'd be more optimistic about the prospect of seeing all three tables in TPA.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Tried Radical for the first time today. It's not a bad table. Some good shots and fun ramps. The Dr. Dude sounds and the 80s callouts are terrible though.

No Fear is a pretty intense game as it's difficult to find opportunities to hold the ball and get a breather. A lot of it is just reaction shots. But ramps a plenty in it and the skull is pretty neat. Would be a decent TPA add.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I've never played the real machine, but it looks interesting. Sucks that No Fear is a licensed theme though, which will make it more expensive for FS.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
But Blackwater as a name of event was abandoned some 20+ years ago so I don't think that would be a problem. And I think that only the name was licensed.
And because of how it was built, it is very difficult to find one today so TPA is my only hope to ever play that one again. And it is quite different table so I think it would be a nice addition to TPA.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
But Blackwater as a name of event was abandoned some 20+ years ago so I don't think that would be a problem. And I think that only the name was licensed.

Well, not much different from No Fear, which went bankrupt several years ago and is now (half-heartedly it seems) owned by a retailer called Sports Direct. There's a few famous sports people call outs in No Fear but no voices or artwork licenses that I know of.

All pins would be nice, but a potential issue with Blackwater 100 is, to my knowledge, they've never released a Bally SS pin... so I don't know if they would have to add the emulation code for that.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Well, not much different from No Fear, which went bankrupt several years ago and is now (half-heartedly it seems) owned by a retailer called Sports Direct. There's a few famous sports people call outs in No Fear but no voices or artwork licenses that I know of.

All pins would be nice, but a potential issue with Blackwater 100 is, to my knowledge, they've never released a Bally SS pin... so I don't know if they would have to add the emulation code for that.
yes, but NoFear is still used as TM, Blackwater isn't. At least not in that context.
And regarding Bally SS...... that same MPU was used in some other great games, Special Force :D Party Animal. Escape from the Lost World..... so they better start working on it

invitro

May 4, 2012
I think NF is decent but I've barely played it. I played one in Newport News in 1995 or 1996 and thought it was fun, until I hit the supercharger like 30 times in a row and got 51B and thought it was too easy. It's probably not a bad table but it's overshadowed by the flood of excellent from WMS in 1995/6 and even by the improved quality of Sega and Premier tables of those years.

I still don't understand what makes a license hard or expensive, but I will repeat that Farsight hasn't released ANY licensed table since Scared Stiff other than the kickstarters, and the two/three from the Sony deal.

P.S. Escape from the Lost World was my favorite table for a time back in 1987 :).

invitro

May 4, 2012
Looks cool. I want it!
Yes, it is definitely very pretty.

image-2.jpg

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I like No Fear but I don't think it would translate well into digital unfortunately. First you have all these modes you'll just wait for time to run out then neverending jump loops with upper flipper, a shot not much different to BK2000 that we already have. No Fear is really a one trick pony if there ever was one. It's kinda fun in real life when a pin has it's quirks and imperfections that add to the skill requirements but not for TPA.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I don't think the jump loop would be neverending in TPA. I've never managed more than a few in a row on the tables that have such a loop like Whirlwind. Shots at high speeds like that aren't easy at all.

Also, I remember No Fear specifically trying to disallow timing out the modes, by pausing the timer if a flipper is held. And anyway, timing out unimportant modes is common to lots of tables, all the way back to Theatre of Magic at TPA's very start.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I want this Pinball Machine badly on TPA, I think it's one of Steve Ritchie's best games out their. I also want his Rollergames machine also.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Fun table, but I personally don't like the art. That "lane" style design just looks ugly to me.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I just played No Fear and Blackwater 100 for the first time in Nashville. I really liked both tables but if I could only have one I would definitely have to go with Blackwater. Top to bottom a very unique and crazy table, nothing else like it. No Fear is a very competent ramp/loop centric table but it's not all that memorable from a design stand-poimt.

Members online

Members online