No Release Date Yet?

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
"What's going on with the Wii-U version?

We are still planning to release the Wii-U version of Pinball Arcade, hopefully by the end of the year, we realize that our Wii-U fans are anxious to get their hands on it but it's not quite ready yet, Xbox One has been our main focus and that hurdle is nearly complete."
I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe we'll try again with the NX.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Well they keep saying after they finish another version of TPA, which apparently jumped priority over the Wii U (like X1), that Wii U will be there next concentration, but it's been awhile so it's kind of disappointing to not hear at least some news about this version. This is taken straight from their website under news and faq:

"What's going on with the Wii-U version?

We are still planning to release the Wii-U version of Pinball Arcade, hopefully by the end of the year, we realize that our Wii-U fans are anxious to get their hands on it but it's not quite ready yet, Xbox One has been our main focus and that hurdle is nearly complete."

If this was a recent website update, then there are three key points for discussion:
(1) FarSight has released the Xbox One version just before thanksgiving 2014. Nearly a year later they're saying "that hurdle is nearly complete". The hurdle they've already completed?
(2) The end of which year? Haven't they been saying that since 2012? 2013? 2014?
(3) Since the beginning, TPA has been advertised as being available for the WiiU. Just checked a few seconds ago, and it's still there on their official website AND their FB page.

I am still rooting for WiiU players to get their own version of TPA. Doubtful that any console makers are as willing to work with independent developers as they've brayed they are.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
They've been false advertising since the beginning. I think the Wii-U is the only platform that's even remotely relevant, that TPA hasn't been added yet.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
They've been false advertising since the beginning. I think the Wii-U is the only platform that's even remotely relevant, that TPA hasn't been added yet.

Yeah and what really bugs me is why... I mean, is is some kind of politics with Nintendo? Is it related to content of TPA being suggestive? I mean what the heck is it?

It can't be because of cost to Farsight, because Zen has sold plenty on Wii U. I know because I play that on the 360 and Wii U and under weekly scores, almost as many are playing regularly on the Wii U as the 360 which tells me they have sold alot of tables there. And even if that were a reason, it looks like Farsight has a version running fine on Wii U because they have had a video up for a long time. So any tables they sold are basically already developed.

So please ladies and gentleman at Farsight. Either take the logo and videos down, or just release it.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yeah and what really bugs me is why... I mean, is is some kind of politics with Nintendo? Is it related to content of TPA being suggestive? I mean what the heck is it?

It can't be because of cost to Farsight, because Zen has sold plenty on Wii U. I know because I play that on the 360 and Wii U and under weekly scores, almost as many are playing regularly on the Wii U as the 360 which tells me they have sold alot of tables there. And even if that were a reason, it looks like Farsight has a version running fine on Wii U because they have had a video up for a long time. So any tables they sold are basically already developed.

So please ladies and gentleman at Farsight. Either take the logo and videos down, or just release it.

I'd say it's a mix of systems sold, and therefore less potential sales (I'm not sure how accurate your guesstimate is on calculating sales), and the fact that Nintendo's online system isn't as DLC-friendly as any of their competitors. Given the issues they've had with, for example, the PS3, trying to put out a basic, pro, pro upgrade and season passes all at once, I'd imagine for Nintendo it would be a LOT harder.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I'd say it's a mix of systems sold, and therefore less potential sales (I'm not sure how accurate your guesstimate is on calculating sales), and the fact that Nintendo's online system isn't as DLC-friendly as any of their competitors. Given the issues they've had with, for example, the PS3, trying to put out a basic, pro, pro upgrade and season passes all at once, I'd imagine for Nintendo it would be a LOT harder.
Ouya barely sold 200,000 units, and 76% of purchasers never purchased a single game and only used it as a cheap emulation box. TPA was ported to it and still supported.

Wii-U is well over 10,000,000 units and sold marginally fewer units than Xbone worldwide, and many indie titles have been successful on it. I fail to see why a console with over 50x the market share and gamers who actually buy games on it gets neglected. Zen and SW Pinball have been successful on Wii-U platform. I downloaded all the non-Marvel tables for it.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Ouya barely sold 200,000 units, and 76% of purchasers never purchased a single game and only used it as a cheap emulation box. TPA was ported to it and still supported.

Wii-U is well over 10,000,000 units and sold marginally fewer units than Xbone worldwide, and many indie titles have been successful on it. I fail to see why a console with over 50x the market share and gamers who actually buy games on it gets neglected. Zen and SW Pinball have been successful on Wii-U platform. I downloaded all the non-Marvel tables for it.

I'd imagine Ouya is a relatively cheap port as it's Android based. It would require a lot less work than porting to completely new hardware, so not really the best comparison. Think it's safe to say at this stage that Xbox One is a more popular console than Wii U - Nintendo are already talking about the successor.

All speculation, anyway. Who knows what the real reasons are.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015

Yeah Espy, I am not aware of any actual sales figures. I was basing my ststement on say...when I look at the weeklies on a table like Age of Ultron or Castlestorm (newer ones) both on my Wii U and my X360, I see close numbers of people in the weekly ranking. On older tables, say like Secrets of the deep and Pasha for example, I see that many more plays are happening on the X360. About double to even 3x more.

I have about 15 friends on each system as well, and have noticed that more Wii U players own every table Zen ever released, whereas on the 360 many friends do not own 'em all (myself included).

Alot of variables, and 15 pinball friends does not a full tale tell... I just hope to see TPA rollin' out, but like many have said, then take down the promise of release until you can release it or not.

Zac Wood

Oct 15, 2015
As much as I know (for somehow re-kindling interests...) that they said that it would be released in time for Christmas.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Wii U Version to be based on Xbox 360/PS3 Versions (DX9 Lighting) of the game per the Judge Dredd Live Stream.

If true, this is awesome news. I imagine the lighting will be much nicer compared to what I'm getting on Ouya atm. However I am wondering if I should migrate to Wii-U since the NX appears to be slated for late 2016-2017? What am I saying? Of course I should! ;)

Regardless, Zen Pinball on the Gamepad is amazing. I expect no less from TPA. :cool:

Sadly Pinball Arcade is all I use the Ouya for anymore. Would be sad to retire the little fun box. :p

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I guess once you get used to the PS4 and/or PC DX11 versions, the WiiU will seem a little outdated. It'll still be a nice addition and if you can play on the gamepad maybe usefuil too. One thing though, you really need the option to nudhe with the left analog stick instead of having to shake the gamepad/wiimote+nunchuk around. That really sucked on the Wii versions of PHoF.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Did they say if it would be all Seasons? I don't know what Nintendo's release schedule is but if is anything like the other consoles......well....it is what it is!

Everly

Nov 25, 2013
They just announced on Facebook that it will release early next year on the Wii-U.

Gary

And for those of you that believe that, please send me a PM. There is a bridge in Brooklyn I have for sale.

BTW I'm not doubting whether there is a post on FB, I've seen it. I just don't think they will deliver. The last statement made about the Wii U version was to expect it Q1 of 2015.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
And for those of you that believe that, please send me a PM. There is a bridge in Brooklyn I have for sale.

BTW I'm not doubting whether there is a post on FB, I've seen it. I just don't think they will deliver. The last statement made about the Wii U version was to expect it Q1 of 2015.

The one thing different this time is the advent of the Stern app. I'm sure FarSight are trying to get all their ducks in a row so they can launch that on every possible platform too. Makes sense that he Wii U would move to the forefront of priority and be a real thing this time. Also, I can't believe FS would be silly enough to make that announcement a second time if they weren't going to fulfill it again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts