:) :) :) November 1st!

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
64 mins to go. Hope it all goes as planned. The Steam Devs will go home for dinner and while eating chips n sausage say oh **** we forgot to put TPA on Steam oh well do it Monday they can wait. when do they expect to have Pack 19 on Steam?

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
For what it's worth, I checked and my version went live about 5 minutes ago.

Running Version 1.19 both Propack purchased and good to go!

Timelord ...

Roope

Sep 13, 2013
I highly disagree. There's no way I'm ever going to support Steam with my money, so if they never move beyond Steam, I won't ever get the PC version.

Just out of curiosity why so against the Steam? It is after all the best content platform there is and the DRM is so that you don't even notice it.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Just out of curiosity why so against the Steam? It is after all the best content platform there is and the DRM is so that you don't even notice it.

I just don't like the idea of one company controlling what I'm running on my own PC. I don't see any reason for Valve to control the PC market like that. It's bad enough that consoles work like that, but it makes a bit more sense on their end. I see PC software as an "open" market, and I hate paying for DRM protected stuff in general. I'd rather pirate the game and send my money directly to FarSight (but just for the record, I'm not going to pirate anything, I'm just as much against software piracy as DRM)

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
I just don't like the idea of one company controlling what I'm running on my own PC. I don't see any reason for Valve to control the PC market like that. It's bad enough that consoles work like that, but it makes a bit more sense on their end. I see PC software as an "open" market, and I hate paying for DRM protected stuff in general. I'd rather pirate the game and send my money directly to FarSight (but just for the record, I'm not going to pirate anything, I'm just as much against software piracy as DRM)

They control VERY little..

I've used Steam for a long time (its birthday is Sep 12, 2003 per it's wiki) and never felt "controlled". It just keeps me from buying the same game over and over because I lost the CD/Key ;)

Qik

Aug 4, 2013
To be honest though there might not be a pc gaming market if it weren't for steam. Steam gave companies some confidence again in the pc market which was eroded over 5-10 years of heavy pirating. I don't like DRM but I trust steam and credit them with why we have a thriving pc gaming market again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts