Outdated physics compared to PS4

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Ive just tried playing TPA on my PC, and compared to the PS4 its total pants. However, this could be my PC, I have no idea. Its just a basic laptop so perhaps that makes a difference. Hopefully when cabinet support comes out I intend to build one, but a bit worried now as the pc version seems so far behind the PS4 version. Does anyone have TPA running on a PC that is on par with the PS4 version?

Be good if cabinet support could be used for the PS4...thatd solve a problem :)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Ive just tried playing TPA on my PC, and compared to the PS4 its total pants. However, this could be my PC, I have no idea. Its just a basic laptop so perhaps that makes a difference. Hopefully when cabinet support comes out I intend to build one, but a bit worried now as the pc version seems so far behind the PS4 version. Does anyone have TPA running on a PC that is on par with the PS4 version?

I believe the main difference is the advanced lighting on PS4.

Last edited:

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013

I have a big powerful PC with a nice meaty I7 core and a GTX760 video card, the game looks and runs fantastic, i also have a medium laptop with a integrated video card, the difference in how PBA looks and plays between the two is night and day, but if i had to chose to play PBA on one the PC would win hands down, well for me anyway.

Plus we got the DX11 update on the cards that will add the lighting effects and other things that are on the PS4 and soon to be XBone, and more importantly, it won't cost us PC owners the price of a next gen console to enjoy them. ;)

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Well, that sounds somewhat promising. I'm wanting to ultimately build a cabinet, and I tried using my laptop on a TV in portrait mode...and it looked crap compared to PS4, and I mean really bad. Graphics were not crisp, playability wasn't the same, and the table was dim, and the colours not great either. If PS4 could be played in portrait mode, that'd be good. But as there seems to be no plans for that, I thought I'd try it this way...but was disappointed with the results, so much so that I was gonna give up the idea. Having played on PC and PS4, PS4 is so much better, yet people seem to believe the PC is better, so perhaps its just that my PC isn't up to scratch. But my PC isn't that bad, or at leat I don't think it is...

AMD A8 with Radeon Graphics, HD
Ram is 8GB
64 Bit Windows 8
1.9 GHZ

Is that not good enough?

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
It is fine, but that laptop display although perfectly ok, but once you play it on a 60in HDTV there is simply no going back, the genie cannot be put back into the bottle once your eyes have feasted on the tables in 60in of sheer eye candy. lol

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
It is fine, but that laptop display although perfectly ok, but once you play it on a 60in HDTV there is simply no going back, the genie cannot be put back into the bottle once your eyes have feasted on the tables in 60in of sheer eye candy. lol

Sure, but at a distance of 2 feet, a 32" 1080p monitor will appear larger than a 60" 1080p TV 10-12 feet away. The monitor will most likely have a faster response time, too.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I find this discussion baffling as I primarily play the game on my Asus T100 now, a mere quad-core Atom, but running the PC Steam build of the game.

It doesn't feel any worse to me than on my gaming PC with an i5 2500k and GTX 660. I don't even feel it looks that bad with the post processing and anti aliasing turned off, which is necessary for full speed on the Atom. The only thing I miss are ball reflections.

Granted it helps the T100 has a 10" screen so 768p still looks good with such small pixels.

I actually find the lighting distracting on the PS4 version as it doesn't feel realistic to me, its too obvious its simulated. Then again, my HDTV has horrific input lag so it kinda ruins playing TBA anyway unless I use my PC monitor.

My best scores have been on the T100 because I can lay it down in a DuoPinball and play like a real table bar nudging (which I never could do anyway). The only issues are multi-ball sometimes slows down so I am hoping the T300 will come out in the UK so I can upgrade to that.

Last edited:

L33

Aug 20, 2014
I much prefer playing it on the ps4, it's noticeably different, but if cabinet mode arrives it will be for pc, so I'm trying to get that right so I'm ready and prepared for when I build the cab. But I tried it on the tv today, and it still is quite bad. Really pixelated, nothing like a hd feel, and dark. Perhaps it's just the laptop and a better computer is needed. It's definitely not fun to play though, so it'll be ps4 until I can suss out the problem.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I much prefer playing it on the ps4, it's noticeably different, but if cabinet mode arrives it will be for pc, so I'm trying to get that right so I'm ready and prepared for when I build the cab. But I tried it on the tv today, and it still is quite bad. Really pixelated, nothing like a hd feel, and dark. Perhaps it's just the laptop and a better computer is needed. It's definitely not fun to play though, so it'll be ps4 until I can suss out the problem.

Just curious-what resolution did you use when you hooked it up to the TV? It doesn't look great when I hook it up to my TV, but I have to use lower resolution to get TPA to run decently.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts