Outlanes - One of the features of the pinball we hated the most :D

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Goin Nuts is an incredibly difficult machine despite having no outlanes. Probably the most stressful machine in the collection. Mind you, if it had proper rules instead of the stupid timer it would be a different story...

At least on the ones I've played, if you hold the Thing flipper out and give a small nudge, you can pop it right onto the upraised lower left flipper. It's tougher than it looks though, and don't try it if The Power is on.

How on earth can you play pinball without the power on? :p

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
The Power is actually A BUNCH of things.

- The wind in Whirlwind
- The magnets in TAF
- The Powerball and Powerfield in TZ
- "All those wires down there" in NGG

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Row row, fight the power!

...Right, guys?

I can't be the only anime fan on the board...

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
Remove these outholes from the pinball please? So that we will have an endless game Muahahah!

TOMimg_3383.jpg

img_1733.jpg

img_5159.jpg

outhole1.jpg

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I like the setup of the right outlane in Indiana Jones Pin Adv. With the post on the side it gives you a chance to save the ball through the gate with a well timed nudge. Even with a wide open lane it still feels fair and makes trips down the outlane kind of fun.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I've never seen a drain that with a proper nudge or a better aimed shot couldn't have been avoided, even when the pros are playing I can see their errors sometimes. That being said, outlanes on TPA are way harder to deal with than the center flipper gap.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I've never seen a drain that with a proper nudge or a better aimed shot couldn't have been avoided, even when the pros are playing I can see their errors sometimes. That being said, outlanes on TPA are way harder to deal with than the center flipper gap.

Are you serious? I've seen TONS of drains no one could have avoided. I've had the ball drain several times by it jumping OVER the flipper, during otherwise controlled play.
Even the top players will tell you there are always situations where nothing could be done. That's pinball.

edit: Or are you only talking about TPA? Because then you are correct. It's a computer and provided "perfect" play, it will always be predictable.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts