Pack 18 quick test

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

Tee'd Off only plays a one player game when a multi player game is selected, yet the High Score UI display at the end of game shows the number of players selected with every player but player one having a 0 score.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Tried it out today, and I too can confirm about the cameras in landscape, and the ball not being visible on most of HH's lower playfield.

I also had one interesting issue on a game of Tee'd Off: got to multiball, but it wouldn't do anything. DMD would still show "MULTIBALL" and the ball stayed on the hole, but nothing happened. Nudging did nothing, and then I accidentally plunged... and as it turns out that's what I was supposed to do to even start it. It just didn't switch to the plunge cam. Now, the thing is that at the same time I had reached the last hole I also had the "TEE" light lit, so maybe something had to do with that, so it probably tried to start multiball and a round at the same time. Gotta try out later without the TEE light lit.

Besides that, both tables run smoothly. Also, this just made me realize how severely cut-down the PHOF version of Tee'd Off was. lol

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
I can confirm that in HH, the effects and music cuts out and will not return until you close the app from task manager and restart. After a couple of replays, the bug reappears.

Also in TO, I got stuck after high score entry and could not start a new game, had to close the app in task manager... High score entry was so slow, I couldn't enter TIM.

Nexus7 2nd gen

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
THis morning I made one more test with HH. The game crashed when moving the tablet from landscape to portrait. The upper playfield is shown correctly and not cut as in the pictures. I noticed performamnce problems (right flipper delayed) in CC and SS. HH was very fast, though. Bonus scoring is too fast which is a TPA problem with many tables.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
THis morning I made one more test with HH. The game crashed when moving the tablet from landscape to portrait. The upper playfield is shown correctly and not cut as in the pictures. I noticed performamnce problems (right flipper delayed) in CC and SS. HH was very fast, though. Bonus scoring is too fast which is a TPA problem with many tables.

What hardware are you running? Or did I miss that?

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
It runs as smooth as the other tables in the Pinball Arcade on my Sony Ericsson Xperia with Android version 2.3.4, which is to say it runs smooth.

I also have the same problems to report as the other posts (i.e. HH: Invisible ball on bottom playfield, music stops after some amount of playthroughs (although it works again after I shut the phone off and turn it back on), the camera on the upper playfield doesn't show some of the right side, and the camera is zoomed out to much in landscape mode, for Tee'd Off: when you get the gopher wheel the camera doesn't go right over the gopher wheel, it either goes up to the backbox and DMD display (when hitting the ball in the middle) or just stays at the top playfield (when you get the hole in one)).

Other problems I've seen were just that on Tee'd Off the camera seemed too much to the left, so you can't see some of the right side. Also, the multiplayer on Tee'd Off doesn't work at all. It just lets the 1st player play. This is not a problem on Haunted House.

As a quick side note, can someone tell me if there is an update for T2, because it says there is an update for it.

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
I have the upper right playfield not viewable on my Galaxy Tab 2.0 7 inch, which, by the way, got JellyBean 4.2.2 pushed to it about a week ago. Dunno if that matters for anything, but I'm offering it as an fyi.

My major complaint on HH would be that it looks like it's being repaired in a bright shop. The lighting just looks way too bright.

N

netizen

I have the upper right playfield not viewable on my Galaxy Tab 2.0 7 inch, which, by the way, got JellyBean 4.2.2 pushed to it about a week ago. Dunno if that matters for anything, but I'm offering it as an fyi.

My major complaint on HH would be that it looks like it's being repaired in a bright shop. The lighting just looks way too bright.

You're playing in Landscape perspective, yeah?

I checked my Tab 2 7" to see if there was an additional issue, but all I see is the problem with the camera angles. This should be fixed in the next build available soon.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Just suffered a major sorta bug with Tee'd Off and I'd like to see if anyone else can recreate it.

Basically I got a high score, and when it came to entering my initials the left and right curser things were really unresponsive and the initial timer timed out. Then the game kinda stalled and started a new game but I couldn't use the plunger or flippers.

Device: Unlocked Nexus 7 (first gen) with latest Android version.

I guess to recreate said bug you could try timing out the initials screen and seeing if it causes the same bug.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Just suffered a major sorta bug with Tee'd Off and I'd like to see if anyone else can recreate it.

We can: Tee'd off has a few issues right now. I think this was just a release to check that overall table performance was OK.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
We are addressing a lot of the gameplay and art bugs now. Thankfully the worries for performance were not that big of an issue. Our camera guy Steven is going to be working on ios camera stuff for the rest of today and fixing bugs tomorrow. Unfortunately I will be out tomorrow and this weekend (its my anniversary) so I won't be able to get camera stuff in until I get back so expect a beta Monday. As always thanks for the testing guys!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
We are addressing a lot of the gameplay and art bugs now. Thankfully the worries for performance were not that big of an issue. Our camera guy Steven is going to be working on ios camera stuff for the rest of today and fixing bugs tomorrow. Unfortunately I will be out tomorrow and this weekend (its my anniversary) so I won't be able to get camera stuff in until I get back so expect a beta Monday. As always thanks for the testing guys!

Any chance you can at least update the Tee'd Off and Haunted House rez files with what has been fixed up until now?

...and Happy Anniversary!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I hope that the Gottlieb ROMulation on Tee'd Off isn't sped up like in VP...if it isn't sped up, then I'm happy (because it's been like 9 years since I last played the real thing) :)

N

netizen

In the Options menu the scrolling/locked option doesn't work. When you select it, it changes the camera view angle. The only way, in this build, to (un)lock the camera is to do the long press on the camera angle button on the playfield screen.

oh and ...

N

netizen

I was playing around with the Operators menu in Tee'd Off last night and I found some really interesting, disconcerting, things.

If the table has credits and you press the start button when the coin door is open you will start a game, while in the table explore view. Pressing back to go to the regular start screen and pressing start will begin a 2 player game on the DMD, and you will play a 2 player game, but the end of game high score screen will only show a 1 player game, but you will have consumed the 2 credits that the Pro Mode started with. Afterwards you will have 0 credits and can start no more games.

If you back out of the operators menu while the HUD is displaying the bookkeeping menu or the test menu the ROM won't reset and you will not be able to start a game because the HUD will continue to show whatever menu you were navigating when you closed the coin door. This is an issue because there is no way to exit any of the menus with the way the controls are set up presently and the only way to exit is to press the back button, which obviously doesn't work.

In addition the the report I made about the broken, or improperly functioning, UX for the Pro Mode operators menu it appears that the entire operators menu coin door emulation has issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.