Pack 18 Screenshots?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
can be flippers fixed too, Mike?

You are referring to Teed Off right? I looked at our real table. The flipper points go to the same spots on the playfield as they do in PBA. And 2 balls easily sit side by side in the gap between them in both the real table and PBA.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
You are referring to Teed Off right? I looked at our real table. The flipper points go to the same spots on the playfield as they do in PBA. And 2 balls easily sit side by side in the gap between them in both the real table and PBA.

no, i mean round fatty Gottliebs flippers in comparison to more sharp pointed flippers on HH in TPA at screens.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
about Teed Off's flipper btw: screws on them are much more less in size in comparison to flipper it self
and players hand near "Golf Again" inlay dont cover half of inlay to word "Again" - it barely touch inlay on real table
and here is another one heart near "Multiball" close to letter "M" - can not see it on TPA screen

proof:

TeedOff0016.JPG

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
GUYS I CATCHED WHY FLIPPERS ON TEED OFF LOOKS SHORTER in TPA : they (and posts wit bush picture plasics and rails near them) are simply placed little lower then they must bee - Mike, pls look carefully on flippers placement relative too posts near them: you can compare it with photos o two different tables here in this topic (one in my post and on in PinballWiz45b on first page) - and guard rails near flippers and plastics with green bushes picture on them are placed too lower too - you can see it because they are too close too "1993 Premier Technology" text than on real table - in TPA this guard rails and posts with plastic placed over green leaf picture !!! and right flipper is over word "Gottlieb" - it looks like much of table elements slided down over playfield...

and where is RED circle around Gopher roulette in center of playfield??

so some mistakes are discovered. now we can see how you can handle them =)

you need some some quality assurance..beside PAF users ))

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Keep in mind that the extreme angle of the screenshot means that the flippers are foreshortened and are going to look shorter than they actually are, and the gap between their tips is going to look bigger than anything else since it's the closest thing to the camera.

Yeah the playfield texture doesn't map precisely to the models, but that's fairly common in the digitized tables we've had from them so far.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Keep in mind that the extreme angle of the screenshot means that the flippers are foreshortened and are going to look shorter than they actually are, and the gap between their tips is going to look bigger than anything else since it's the closest thing to the camera.

Yeah the playfield texture doesn't map precisely to the models, but that's fairly common in the digitized tables we've had from them so far.
i'm keeping in mind all that kind of thing and therefore i mentioned bunch of displaced objects relative to other table elements. try to look on screens and on photos of real tables in this topic with some attention - and you'll look difference, and this difference which will make you gameplay experience other than on real table.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
about Teed Off's flipper btw: screws on them are much more less in size in comparison to flipper it self
and players hand near "Golf Again" inlay dont cover half of inlay to word "Again" - it barely touch inlay on real table
and here is another one heart near "Multiball" close to letter "M" - can not see it on TPA screen

proof:

TeedOff0016.JPG

Seeing the real table, it doesn't really look much like the posted TPA pics. The colors are actually really vivid on this table.

If the PS3 lighting is making the colors off I say the hell with it. Give us a 1080p version of the Android/iOS tables and don't worry about the advanced lighting.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
and just for lulz: i think i understood roots of "Pink" problem.
few days ago i was color-calibrating one of my monitors. i did set contrast/brightness without problems, but could not set white color - it was little brown insteed.
..it took about 10 minutes until i realized what i was in glasses with light brown gradient =D
so we need find the guy in the FS office wearing this:

PINK-GLASSES-icon.png

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Mike told what he'll pass info about Teed Off art problems to art team, so i hope we'll get corrected verison at table release, guys :D

4P47HY

Apr 20, 2013
Art art art

WNOBcyH.jpg

image from Pack 18 quick test thread

• Explosion picture on the left sling shot should be different, not just flipped copy from the right one.
  • Palm trees art is currently a poor representation of the original.
  • Screws on flippers are too big.
I hope what has been mentioned in this thread will be improved.

night

May 18, 2012
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/5851-Pack-18-quick-test

Looking at the graphics for the mobiles, it's not bad at all. HH colors seem crisp, and I can actually see some shadows.. But the flippers are not correct yet, too skinny. HH could use some more darkness in the playfield like Teed Off, it will suite the theme better, more dramatic lighting. On the MS-version the lighting fx balance is well done.

Teed Off looks almost like an ASK Homework Zaccaria table, nice dark atmosphere.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/5851-Pack-18-quick-test

Looking at the graphics for the mobiles, it's not bad at all. HH colors seem crisp, and I can actually see some shadows.. But the flippers are not correct yet, too skinny. HH could use some more darkness in the playfield like Teed Off, it will suite the theme better, more dramatic lighting. On the MS-version the lighting fx balance is well done.

Teed Off looks almost like an ASK Homework Zaccaria table, nice dark atmosphere.

Agreed. Colors look decent but the brightness on HH should be toned down some.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'm very encouraged by how the mobile version is shaping up. Hopefully those not so great screenshots they posted on Facebook were still works in progress.

Members online

Members online