PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series : #1 - Electro-Mechanical (Closed)

What Are Your Top Ten Most Wanted Electro-Mechanical Tables

• Abra Ca Dabra (Gottlieb, 1975)

Votes: 84 35.0%
  • Apollo (Williams, 1967)

Votes: 60 25.0%
  • Atlantis (Gottlieb, 1975)

Votes: 107 44.6%
  • Buckaroo (Gottlieb, 1965)

Votes: 43 17.9%
  • Centigrade 37 (Gottlieb, 1977)

Votes: 109 45.4%
  • Dimension (Gottlieb, 1971)

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • Fast Draw (Gottlieb, 1975)

Votes: 82 34.2%
  • Flip a Card (Gottlieb, 1970)

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Gigi (Gottlieb, 1963)

Votes: 40 16.7%
  • High Hand (Gottlieb, 1973)

Votes: 44 18.3%
  • Hokus Pokus (Bally, 1975)

Votes: 85 35.4%
  • Jacks Open (Gottlieb, 1977)

Votes: 68 28.3%
  • Jet Spin (Gottlieb, 1977)

Votes: 51 21.3%
  • Jumping Jack (Gottlieb, 1973)

• King of Diamonds (Gottlieb, 1967)

Votes: 44 18.3%
  • King Pin (Gottlieb, 1973)

Votes: 70 29.2%
  • North Star (Gottlieb, 1964)

• Royal Flush (Gottlieb, 1976)

Votes: 107 44.6%
  • Royal Guard (Gottlieb, 1968)

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Sky-Line (Gottlieb, 1965)

Votes: 24 10.0%
  • Slick Chick (Gottlieb, 1963)

Votes: 69 28.8%
  • Space Mission (Williams, 1976)

Votes: 99 41.3%
  • Space Time (Bally, 1972)

Votes: 47 19.6%
  • Spin-A-Card (Gottlieb, 1969)

Votes: 28 11.7%
  • Spirit of 76 (Gottlieb, 1975)

Votes: 112 46.7%
  • Stardust (Williams, 1971)

Votes: 48 20.0%
  • Star-Jet (Bally, 1963)

Votes: 24 10.0%
  • Surf Champ (Gottlieb, 1976)

Votes: 88 36.7%
  • Wizard! (Bally, 1975)

Votes: 129 53.8%
  • World Fair (Gottlieb, 1964)

Votes: 40 16.7%

• Total voters

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I don't know, most of these don't look so great. Do we have to have them?

The poll isn't sponsored by Farsight so the winner's won't necessarily be making it to TPA. But there's a chance FS will pay attention to the winner's and take them into consideration for future tables. That being said, just purchase the new releases that you want. For me, that's everything!

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
I don't know, most of these don't look so great. Do we have to have them?

Welcome to the forums, and yes we do have to have them. These tables represent a time when pinball was king. I was in college when video games began to take over arcades (late seventies.) Prior to that, pinball reigned supreme. I love video games, too, but the rich history of pinball should be represented in The Pinball Arcade. Otherwise, we might as well call it The Arcade Where There Might Be a Pinball Machine Somewhere in the Back.

EM tables, FTW.

Last edited:

Creepykev

May 30, 2013
The artwork on those tables look so cheesy. Gorgar was the first pinball table to catch my eye and make me want to spend money on it. I can understand the nostalgia factor for some of you, but if they are like Central Park as far as fun factor I'm not impressed. Although I do like Big Shot, that one is pretty cool.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
The artwork on those tables look so cheesy. Gorgar was the first pinball table to catch my eye and make me want to spend money on it. I can understand the nostalgia factor for some of you, but if they are like Central Park as far as fun factor I'm not impressed. Although I do like Big Shot, that one is pretty cool.

I'm a Gorgar fan, myself. I would say that the tables in this poll vary in quality from Central Park to better than Big Shot.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
It's not? I thougt it was. Well do they at least know it's here and being voted on?

Also who picks the entries in the poll?

FS did sponsor the "Classic Stern Poll" from April but this one and the rest in this series were started by PiN WiZ.

There are several members of Farsight's team that post on this forum so I think we can assume that they are aware of these polls.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Centigrade 37, Spirit of 76 and Wizard are the current top three within one vote of each other. I'd love to see all three of them make it to TPA! These EM's remind me of me first exposure to pinball as a kid at the county fair.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
FS did sponsor the "Classic Stern Poll" from April but this one and the rest in this series were started by PiN WiZ.

There are several members of Farsight's team that post on this forum so I think we can assume that they are aware of these polls.

FS promoted this series of polls on their fb page so although they aren't official polls FS will look at the results and they support the concept.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
FS promoted this series of polls on their fb page so although they aren't official polls FS will look at the results and they support the concept.

I just checked their facebook page and I can't find any mention of these polls. What day did you see that posted?

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Centigrade 37, Spirit of 76 and Wizard are the current top three within one vote of each other. I'd love to see all three of them make it to TPA! These EM's remind me of me first exposure to pinball as a kid at the county fair.

I guess the unusual playfield and backglass of Centigrade 37 is appealing. There were only 1,600 made, so there can't be too many who have played one.

I'm also a little surprised to see Wizard doing so well. There were over 10,000 made, but I only played Capt. Fantastic (over 16,000 made.) Both are based upon the movie Tommy, so it's good to see the rock classic represented in the poll.

Excuse me while I go "fiddle about" in TPA. :D

N

netizen

I am surprised how well wizard is doing because of the Tommy theme, yet Buckaroo, one of the games played in the movie, seems to be pretty low in the rankings.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I have a question for those that voted for Centigrade 37 and Wizard. I really would like to know your reasons why - no sarcasm meant at all in this statement.

They don't look that interesting to play. The art is pretty on Centigrade 37, but like Central Park that woman and her thermometer in Centrigrade 37 will be itty bitty, like the monkey in CP. It just doesn't do anything for me.

The Wizard table looks boring to me. The only saving grace is the back glass, but you never see that when you play a game.

I haven't voted and want to know why I should vote for these tables.

Thanks for taking the time to tell me your opinion, it is appreciated.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
I have a question for those that voted for Centigrade 37 and Wizard. I really would like to know your reasons why - no sarcasm meant at all in this statement.
I haven't voted yet, but my "vote for" list includes Wizard! because I played it a lot way back when, and played it again this past week at the Pacific Pinball Museum (one of my reasons for visiting was to play as many of this poll's tables as possible). It was fun! The left lane spinner shot is satisfying to hit at speed, the flag rollovers are a challenge to get, the multi-stage flag goals (flip a flag and then hit the flag lane to get the feature activated and then enjoy better scores from the activated feature) is kinda neat, it has a good mix of tight and long shots, and the flow is good.

So that's why I'm voting for Wizard! YMMV, of course.

And I'm personally not impressed by Centigrade 37 - it's not getting one of my votes. :p

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I haven't voted yet, but my "vote for" list includes Wizard! because I played it a lot way back when, and played it again this past week at the Pacific Pinball Museum (one of my reasons for visiting was to play as many of this poll's tables as possible). It was fun! The left lane spinner shot is satisfying to hit at speed, the flag rollovers are a challenge to get, the multi-stage flag goals (flip a flag and then hit the flag lane to get the feature activated and then enjoy better scores from the activated feature) is kinda neat, it has a good mix of tight and long shots, and the flow is good.

So that's why I'm voting for Wizard! YMMV, of course.

And I'm personally not impressed by Centigrade 37 - it's not getting one of my votes. :p

I get a game in of both Wizard! and Captain Fantastic every time I visit the Pacific Pinball Museum.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012

They don't look that interesting to play. The art is pretty on Centigrade 37, but like Central Park that woman and her thermometer in Centrigrade 37 will be itty bitty, like the monkey in CP. It just doesn't do anything for me.

The Wizard table looks boring to me. The only saving grace is the back glass, but you never see that when you play a game.

I haven't voted and want to know why I should vote for these tables.

Thanks for taking the time to tell me your opinion, it is appreciated.

I watched the last(?) papa tournament live stream a month or so ago. and wizard was one of the tables that was featured. it looked fun and brutal. Montana frank, have you watched any papa videos on either of these tables? if not, i'd suggest it. you learn a lot from watching those vids.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts